Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which SUV / MUV would you choose?
Tata Hexa 526 53.08%
Mahindra XUV500 187 18.87%
Toyota Innova Crysta 217 21.90%
Mahindra Scorpio 8 0.81%
Tata Safari Storme 29 2.93%
Other (please specify) 24 2.42%
Voters: 991. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 19:25   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: looking for a new Car

Hexa is a fantastic vehicle but is not the right car if it will be used primary in the city. It is a tailor made for highways and is a bit too big and cumbersome otherwise.

You should limit your search to the Creta and the Jeep Compass. Creta if you want to get from point A to B with minimal fuss and effort. Compass if you like your car to have character and personality and feel in the way it drives.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 19:38   #122
BANNED

Hi Shreyas

when I was looking for a car an year back , I had TD'ed Creta Diesel AT and I purchased XUV as simply it was a superior car as well as more VFM.

Am Still considering XUV but my only grouse is that its ride is bumpy !

compass - i havnt TD'ed it but IMHO its same size as an ecosport which is quite a competent vehicle ....and am not the one who goes after brands.
another question that comes to mind is that the money I spend of compass - I am not getting as much....

confused :(
Old 10th September 2017, 19:59   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Size to price ratio of the Hexa is unmatched. Problem is, the huge size and turning circle make parking and taking U-turns a pain. Otherwise, it is THE car to buy in the 10-20L range. I drive an XTA myself

Creta is not my favorite car either. But it's merit is it's compact size, top notch refinement and super light controls. It really is a breeze to drive in traffic. It should be your plan B. Non controversial choice which will get the job done. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for the Compass, I suggest you do wait to test drive the Automatic, which will be launched sometime around Diwali. Think of it as a Creta which will appeal to your heart as well. I TDed the manual, and liked it.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 12:23   #124
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa vs XUV500 vs Innova Crysta vs others

Tata Hexa seems to be the clear winner, but I don't see many Hexas' on the road. Sales numbers also don't seem to be high. Is there the perception in Indian consumer's minds that Tata is a "Taxi" brand and hence the brand image is not good?
Old 17th September 2017, 11:32   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post
Tata Hexa seems to be the clear winner, but I don't see many Hexas' on the road. Sales numbers also don't seem to be high. Is there the perception in Indian consumer's minds that Tata is a "Taxi" brand and hence the brand image is not good?
The reason being: it is not yet offered to the taxi fleet and all the numbers only reflect regular customers.
Add to that, it's a new product in the market and GST has effected the sales numbers greatly for the months of June and July for all brands.
One year post launch should give us a clearer picture.
Besides, am seeing more and more Hexas on road here on bangalore with every passing week.
Old 22nd September 2017, 22:13   #126
BHPian

Lot has been discussed in this thread. Still, let me talk about my choice - Hexa XTA.

Have been owning a Punto 90HP and it still serves me really well. Punto 90HP being a powerful enough hatch with outstanding ride quality and quality on good roads and especially a mile muncher, my choice by default went to a Jeep Compass with a budget of around 20L.

But my wife was a little adamant about buying a 7-seater, which is butch enough, comfortable and easy enough to maneuver around - so Compass is out from the plan. Consulted with a close friend who has been owning Tata Safari over its last two generations and he suggested a test drive of Hexa. It took me just seconds to decide after doing the test drive - Outstanding ride quality, amazing interiors and features, full worth of the money and amazing road presence. It has a lot of exclusivity and I thought that this is the vehicle I should probably own next. The size never bothered me after having the test drive and I just fell in love with its "Race Car mode". I may not use a 4X4 to its fullest and XTA has rear wheel drive with an LSD - I would settle for the time being with such an SUV. Booked the vehicle and still waiting for the delivery.

Last edited by vinodvayyat : 22nd September 2017 at 22:15. Reason: Punctuation/Grammar Corrections
vinodvayyat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 12:22   #127
BHPian

Experts, please help me with my purchase:

My requirements:
1. 7 seater is must
2. Comfort ride (old parents)
3. Will be keeping for 10+yrs, hence reliability is must.
4. Budget not more than 17L +/- 50k.
5. No automatics for me.

Am totally confused between Hexa XM and XUV W6

For Hexa:
-Excellent Ride quality.
-Classsy all black interiors.
-RWD

Against Hexa:
-Ergonomic disasters (no place to keep the left foot, armrest is useless in long drives)
-Small audio system is not impressive.
-No place for small things like mobile phone, coins, etc

For XUV:
-Feature rich and lot of space in the middle row.
-Known devil
-Better Ergonomics

Against XUV:
-FWD
-Ride quality not class leading despite being monocoqe
-No luggage space with all seats up.

This purchase will be in less than 10 days

Last edited by 2500cc : 26th October 2017 at 12:26.
Old 26th October 2017, 12:32   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post

My requirements:
1. 7 seater is must
5. No automatics for me.

For Hexa:
-Excellent Ride quality.
-RWD

Against Hexa:
-Ergonomic disasters (no place to keep the left foot, armrest is useless in long drives)

For XUV:
-Feature rich and lot of space in the middle row.
-Known devil
-Better Ergonomics

Against XUV:
-FWD
-Ride quality not class leading despite being monocoqe
-No luggage space with all seats up.

This purchase will be in less than 10 days
Dont even think of Xuv if your criteria is ride comfort. " Small Audio" is totally functional and the best in the segment and above it. Try listening to Harman in hexa and ones in BMW and merc.

The points mentioned against hexa like coin holders and what not cab be bought aftermarket at peanuts price. But the basics in which Hexa really excels cant be fitted as an aftermarket.

Choice is yours
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 12:38   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My vote goes to the Hexa. The XUV is getting a bit long in the tooth, plus it's too ubiquitous, methinks.

The Hexa's fundamentals are quite sorted, plus at least I haven't read of any deal breaking issues in the Hexa thread yet.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 12:39   #130
BHPian

Quote:

My requirements:
1. 7 seater is must
5. No automatics for me.

For Hexa:
-Excellent Ride quality.
-RWD

Against Hexa:
Will address your "against Hexa" points:-
1: yes, dead pedal is a sore miss and i had this in the back of my mind. However, now that i own it, i have gotten used to it. I simply place my left foot under the clutch.

Regarding the armrest, it does come to great use on the highways and city. Your posture in this car needs getting used to cause you stretch yourself comfortably thanks to the arm rest on the left and the one on the door. With a thus laid back position, driving experience is a bliss on highways!

2: Comparatively, XUV has a good infotainment system with great features added into it. Its a feature loaded car. But the stock nippon speakers are far behind the audio quality when compared to Hexa's JBLs.
But it seriously annoys to think what made TATA stop from giving this car a good big system with Android/iOS compatibility. The touch doesn't feel great and the system lags a bit.

However, if rumours are true, Hexa would get the same UI as that on Nexon in one of the updates.

3: I place my cell near the gear knob where it sits snugly without coming in the way. As for other smaller things, the driver only has the armrest compartment to look into. While passengers have lots of places to put away stuff, the driver has no other options. Bit irritating at times.

Also, since you are looking out for manual, would like to highlight that the gear shifts are a bit rough. However, after clocking sufficient kilometres, they tend to become smooth. Its much better in mine now than when it was new.

Good luck in your purchase and keep us updated on your choice!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 26th October 2017 at 12:41.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 12:45   #131
Senior - BHPian

By the way checkout for the new limited edition Hexa, it has 15 new features with heads up display, rear 10 inches screens etc. Its an amazing new package.
Old 26th October 2017, 13:47   #132
BHPian

Leaning towards Hexa. This morning I had placed call to XUV and Hexa, I got 4 calls from XUV already with the best offers and am yet to hear from Hexa, in fact I called them 3 times and everytime am told I'll get a call back in 5mins from Hexa salesperson.

Edit: Now they are even cutting my call.

Last edited by 2500cc : 26th October 2017 at 13:49.
Old 26th October 2017, 14:00   #133
Senior - BHPian

@2500cc - Get in touch with other dealers, this dealer don't deserve your money. If you are OK with XUV go ahead and get it.
Old 26th October 2017, 14:01   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Leaning towards Hexa. This morning I had placed call to XUV and Hexa, I got 4 calls from XUV already with the best offers and am yet to hear from Hexa, in fact I called them 3 times and everytime am told I'll get a call back in 5mins from Hexa salesperson.

It will be apt for TATA to use Other SUVs are cars, Hexa is an emotion. I had very similar experience here in Chennai. My car is now two months old and still official floor mat (promised as free during delivery) & side step (50% discount) not installed.

I have called the sales guy umpteen times and every time he will say he will come back with an update, but he hasn't come back till now. Once I went to get the complimentary 3M polish done but unfortunately the ONLY guy in charge of accessories was on leave & took the keys with him , so they could not get the floor mats.

Planning to call him again today. Shall update.

In spite of all this, product makes me forget about it. My suggestion would be not to get swayed by the lackadaisical attitude, interaction with sales team is going to be very short one compared to the time you are going to own the product.

Edit: Now am thinking what TATA marketing team really meant by tag line "Whatever it takes"
tifosikrishna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 14:07   #135
BHPian

Quote:
... am yet to hear from Hexa, in fact I called them 3 times and everytime am told I'll get a call back in 5mins from Hexa salesperson.

That's too bad. Try different dealers. Dealer experience is not consistent and some are better than the others. In Hyderabad, Malik is better than others. Concorde here seems to have cleaned up their act but other dealers are still living in another era

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks