Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 07:23   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

worth checking on this anup
i am not sure what exactly it is but this is what the chaps at the dealer's mentioned - however, I personally am inclined to think it is a bit of re-badging MEagle etc etc.

Bolero Crde engine is also a de-tuned 2.6 Crde engine. I dont think it has intercooler etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Shankar, this does not sound feasible. A 2.2 ltr developing 120 (and capable of 140) being made into a 2.5 ltr and being made to develop 112 bhp!
Not likely by a long shot!
Old 13th May 2009, 08:37   #77
BHPian

Even rediff started referring team bhp

The Mahindra Xylo strategy

Not sure where to post. Mods please shift the same if needed
Old 13th May 2009, 14:04   #78
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Even rediff started referring team bhp

The Mahindra Xylo strategy

Not sure where to post. Mods please shift the same if needed
Fun read, thanks for sharing! From the same link:

Quote:
On a cloudy day, some time during August last year, a car was zipping down the rain-soaked Mumbai-Pune expressway. It was doing over 130 km per hour, recalled the driver later on Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home, a popular forum for car lovers, when he noticed a camouflaged vehicle parked by the roadside. Just as he drove past it, the mysterious vehicle rumbled to life and much to his surprise whizzed past him within seconds.

The driver instantly recognised the make of the vehicle -- he had been hearing rumours about its launch for months. So he stepped on the gas and chased the vehicle, while his co-passenger aimed a cell phone at it to get some shots.

What they got instead were images of aimless streams of water cascading down the car's windshield that the vehicle splattered it with before disappearing into the horizon. The car in pursuit was a popular sedan and the one that splashed water on its face was a Mahindra Xylo.

This is an idea Mahindra & Mahindra automotive sector senior vice president (marketing) Vivek Nayer could have used for Xylo's announcer commercial. If nothing else, it could have saved the company some tongue-lashing from sedan customers it irked having dropped a container on a sedan and reduced it to scrap in the commercial released around its January 13 launch.

The said commercial went on to compound sedan owners' grief with a catch-line that prophesied that "the era of sedans is over". It provoked an enraged sedan owner into suggesting on his blog that M&M could do well to replace "sedan" in the catch-line with its own name.

Worse, the particular commercial made people wonder if the end of the Mahindra Renault Logan -- a sedan -- is nigh. "What happens to the Logan now?" Mahindra and Mahindra automotive sector chief of operations Rajesh Jejurikar shoots back: "It continues."
Old 13th May 2009, 18:13   #79
Senior - BHPian

Rediff cites my Xylo sighting post!

Guys, Refer the Xylo spy shots and subesequent launch thread on this forum.

Over there, I wrote the following post:

Quote:
I spotted the Ingenio on the expressway in August. The vehicle was parked by the side and just as I crossed it, it started being driven. And I tell you, the guy was really ripping the car. I was doing about 130kmph in my SX4 in rain and the Ingenio just zipped past me at really high speeds. My co-passenger clicked some pictures but they didn't turn out clear because of the shower of water that was being sprayed by the vehicle on my windscreen. I gave it chase for some distance but backed off when my speed touched about 145kmph. My SX4 was really struggling to keep up with the Ingenio at 145kmph!
Check out my post HERE.

Rediff is doing an article on the Xylo and this what they write:

Quote:
On a cloudy day, some time during August last year, a car was zipping down the rain-soaked Mumbai-Pune expressway. It was doing over 130 km per hour, recalled the driver later on Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home, a popular forum for car lovers, when he noticed a camouflaged vehicle parked by the roadside. Just as he drove past it, the mysterious vehicle rumbled to life and much to his surprise whizzed past him within seconds.

The driver instantly recognised the make of the vehicle -- he had been hearing rumours about its launch for months. So he stepped on the gas and chased the vehicle, while his co-passenger aimed a cell phone at it to get some shots.

What they got instead were images of aimless streams of water cascading down the car's windshield that the vehicle splattered it with before disappearing into the horizon. The car in pursuit was a popular sedan and the one that splashed water on its face was a Mahindra Xylo.
Source: Rediff.

The next line says:

Quote:
This is an idea Mahindra & Mahindra automotive sector senior vice president (marketing) Vivek Nayer could have used for Xylo's announcer commercial.
Maybe I should turn to advertising .

Well, at least they gave credit to team-bhp . They wrote it quite well too. I am not complaining about this though. Just something I noticed on rediff which I had to share with all of you.

Last edited by amit : 13th May 2009 at 18:22.
Old 13th May 2009, 18:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

He he.. you should ask for your commission now. Don't worry, I took revenge. Search for the Kawasaki Ninja thread, I have used their excerpt.
Old 13th May 2009, 18:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

does team-bhp have any policy against plaguirism?

check this out:

Autocar India Forums: MS Ritz (Splash) launch details leaked..!!!

and this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1285379

also this-smart copy and paste

New Indica Vista Quadrajet Terra Variant Launched

and the original

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1297394

similar thing happened with the nano scoop.

can anything be done for this?
Old 13th May 2009, 18:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

POST DELETED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th May 2009 at 22:54. Reason: abusive/foul language
phamilyman is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th May 2009, 18:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

I guess as long as the source is clearly mentioned there shoudnt be any problem.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I guess as long as the source is clearly mentioned there shoudnt be any problem.
Hmm..correct.
The copy pasting should be mutual and with references to the source
Old 13th May 2009, 19:58   #85
BHPian

It was more of citing, rather than copying I guess. They didnt attempt to portray it as their experience. I am kinda cool with that. As of now the team-bhp reference still stands - although a link would've helped.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:57   #86
Senior - BHPian

Nice Find.

Coming back to the original topic "The End of Sedans". Well, NO..but YES this a a very nice vehicle and sports features adn gizmos which would shame higher priced sedans & SUV's.

I had a chance to do a detailed TD of the vehicle when Mahindra guys offered a doorstep TD for 30 mts couple of weeks back.

The appointment was for 3 PM and on the dot I got the call from the Sales advisor that the car was ready and waiting at my gate.

It was a lime green top end varient extremely clean from both inside and outside (the odo was nearabout 27000 Kms). The service advisor took about 10 mts explaining the features.

What I liked:

1. Lumber Support & hight adjustment in the drivers seat.
2. Electric OVRM's, though the static/manual mirror body was a let down.
3. Drive Information System: This is one excellent feature, telling
you everything from temperature to the fule average and lots of other
info. (Any ideas if it can be retrofitted in Scorpio)
4. Excellent leg room in the 2nd & 3rd row (my father is 6ft 1" he found
the even third row quiet ok unlike the my Scorpio's where he cannot
even enter).
5. The entry to the third row is extremely convenient with the double
folding middle seat. Wish I could have it replaced in my Scorpio.
6. Seperate roof A/C vents for the middle & last row an excellent offering.
I was told that there are seperate colis for the front and rear A/c vents,
too good.
7. Individual reading lights, lighted vanity mirror, lock box under the seat,
tool box etc etc.

I think Mahindra has done a lot of research to improve the interiors, so far so that I feel cheated for shelling out so much for a Scorpio.

Well I took the car for a drive on the back roads of Kharghar (near the cancer hospital & the drag race venu), the pickup was disappointing but once the engine warmed up the car quickly climbed upto 120, braking was also pretty good despite the fact that ABS is not available.

The suspension is smoother than the Scorpio and the ride quality was better despite the smaller tyres.

The family verdict was "sell the Scorpio buy the Xylo" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fun read, thanks for sharing! From the same link:
Old 14th May 2009, 19:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

The era of sedans are never over, this tag line had never induced me to buy the Xylo, yet I got myself one.
The car, jeep or vehicle as whatever you might feel to call is pure VFM. You can never rule out the roll, however this is considerably lower in comparison to the Scorpio.
Load the vehicle to its full capacity and you immediately notice the difference in the drive.This has kept me thinking on whether its best I always keep stock of a few bags of cement or sand in the boot.This had actually worked on the Gypsy.
The motor is quite responsive and is a scorcher on the highway crunching away miles at pure ease, one other thing I have noticed is that the Xylo will run over a pothole and you can barely notice it, however run it over a small hump on a smooth road and you feel it instantly bobbing.The brakes could have been better, the aircon is excellent and the two din comes with USB and aux inputs which is neat. The effect of the audio poor. The view from the drivers seat is excellent, middle row and lasr row passengers crib to have the front head rest removed to have a view of the road. Fit and finish is good, unfortunately I have had to replace the rear door and bumper after I had it smashed the daylights out by a trucker who was drawn towards it. The company hasdone a shoddy job on the door. Most people who drive behind me especially at night must be thinking that the finish of the body is bad. Suits them right for what they have done and I have no intent on changing this.
Now the look are something you need to cope up with. Trust me this has grown on me and I don't think that it looks that bad now. I am planning to put a light force lamp or probably the hella 4000.
I am unable to get wheels for the Xylo on PCD 120 and am still hunting for the same. I had seen one design in Bagalore, not enticing enough though.
All said and done, regarding the caption of the Xylo, I guess my signature says it all.
Cheers,
Old 14th May 2009, 19:20   #88
Senior - BHPian

The company hasdone a shoddy job on the door. Most people who drive behind me especially at night must be thinking that the finish of the body is bad. Suits them right for what they have done and I have no intent on changing this.

I had meant that it suits Mahindra right and not the people driving behind me.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:42   #89
Senior - BHPian

Well said beejay, but rather than advertising the shoddy job of the Mahindras to the world it is better you show case it with a picture on eMail to the customer care. I am sure they will be more than glad to set things right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The company hasdone a shoddy job on the door. Most people who drive behind me especially at night must be thinking that the finish of the body is bad. Suits them right for what they have done and I have no intent on changing this.

I had meant that it suits Mahindra right and not the people driving behind me.
Old 16th May 2009, 18:08   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Well said beejay, but rather than advertising the shoddy job of the Mahindras to the world it is better you show case it with a picture on eMail to the customer care. I am sure they will be more than glad to set things right.
This is a welcome idea, I blew my top off at the service manager, however this is of no avail as I do not see any other practical solution to the problem than replacing the door. They are surely not going to do that.

I have the old damaged door with me and I think my local tinker and painter can do a better job with the same. This should be embarrassing enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks