Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 06:37   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
I think if your car is doing well keep the honda, there are hardly any machines in the market that can replace their VFM factor.
And as a second thought, Zenx, a second vehicle might just be a good back up plan also.
Old 13th February 2009, 07:58   #77
Senior - BHPian

2.5 ? Thats all ? I spent over 1 on it a year ago!!! Hmmmmm. I was hoping for 3.2 and the like, based on some carwale listings. Thanks guys! I've had this niggling doubt about selling the car - the TBhp vote of no-confidence helps here.

So now I need to figure out whether I can afford the Safari in the current downturn, or pick it up a year later when its cheaper 6.x may be just too much of a capex right now. 2 vehicles seems like an overkill for our needs, anyway. We drive maybe 8-10k a year tops, and use cycles/bike/buses inside the city unless there's a major reason to use the car.

Qn: if the OHCs are 2.5 and the like, why's anyone, absolutely anyone, buying new petrol Indicas/Palios/Getzs/Swifts/whatevers. I've done iffy roads, loooong drives, no seat covers and it still holds its own, and not anything which I'd call a major rattle ot squeak. It still does 120+ like a dream, and corners beautfully, and costs little to keep and maintain. The interiors, despite kids, have held up. And on the recent Wayanad trip, I finally managed a 16kmpl!

Damn, but I sooo want a Safari now. Torn between two lovers kinda scenario.

Last edited by zenx : 13th February 2009 at 08:07.
Old 13th February 2009, 09:09   #78
Senior - BHPian

Sameer make your mind and take a decision do not get stuck like this, what is your decision on the vehicle which you have test driven ???

Check with the local dealers and they might help you out in selling your OHC at a better price, best of luck...
Old 13th February 2009, 09:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Sameer make your mind and take a decision do not get stuck like this, what is your decision on the vehicle which you have test driven ???

Check with the local dealers and they might help you out in selling your OHC at a better price, best of luck...
True - need to get to a decision (almost had, but new variables ). Ok - target : decide by breakfast time tomorrow!
The black LX I TD'd is good, and I just need to quote a price (research on for that).
Old 13th February 2009, 13:12   #80
BHPian

Was going through the thread, so want to clarify few things for prospective buyers and forum members, as the car in question for sale is mine:

- Reason for sale -> Have some personal emergency, otherwise not willing to sell.

- The 18000km factor -> Owning a second safari was not a choice initially but having used a TD for about 1.15L kms going for a 2.2 seemed more practical, thanks to the loads of space and engine. My aim was to travel 100000 kms in one year, (sounds crazy and impractical but possible) but situations are not so positive. I don't use my bikes anymore, even for small distance i use my car, got used to the pampering, (un) fortunately.

- Some parts have been replaced under warranty, did not compromise on anything, so ensured everything is fixed on time. I hate breakdowns.

- Windshield was cracked along with bonnet in a minor mishap, a stone from a tipper fell on the bonnet on my way to hyd and the dent was a repairable one but i was told i can get full insurance and got the whole thing replaced. The debris cracked the windshield a bit and i hated that, insurance company told i needed to produce FIR and police guy wanted 3500 as bribe. New windshield came for some 5400 or so. Headlight had to replaced as the clip holding it broke while everything is in tact, not even a scratch on the glass. But did not do any jugaad, replaced it.

- Car is mostly used in Bangalore city, but have done 2 trips to Hyd, 2 trips to tvm and couple of trips to Mysore and nearby places. I somehow get thrilled seeing miles clocked on the odo, safari is an addiction, the owners know them.

I just posted it to clarify things and no offence meant.

I am hurt on one part that some of the folks who called me are from T-Bhp but quoted prices as low as 3.5-4L for my car saying Safari's are crap and that my car does not have any accessories/extra fittings etc. i understand everyone has their own opinion, so understanding that factor. I have taken care of this car like my baby, as i do with all my vehicles.

I had a similar experience when selling a Yamaha RD350 of mine, it was one which had a genuine single owner, showroom condition and super stock. But even the experienced RD owners wanted it for less than 25k because RD is high on maintenance, this happened couple of years back. Finally sold it for the right price to a collector friend of mine, and he is still riding the bike.

Thanks,
Old 13th February 2009, 13:34   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
- Windshield was cracked along with bonnet in a minor mishap, a stone from a tipper fell on the bonnet on my way to hyd and the dent was a repairable one but i was told i can get full insurance and got the whole thing replaced.
Yes, even on the way to Wayanad on Saturday, a huge stone fell from a tipper right in front of us. We were lucky that stone bounced off the road and fell into the divider patch.

Quote:
I am hurt on one part that some of the folks who called me are from T-Bhp but quoted prices as low as 3.5-4L for my car saying Safari's are crap and that my car does not have any accessories/extra fittings etc.
I think I know who they are.
Old 13th February 2009, 13:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2.2 seemed more practical, thanks to the loads of space and engine. My aim was to travel 100000 kms in one year, (sounds crazy and impractical but possible) but situations are not so positive.
2.2 is indeed a practical move for you after clocking more than 1L kms and your aim for clocking 1L kms in 2.2 in 1year i guess was impossible as you had only 5months left.

Quote:
I somehow get thrilled seeing miles clocked on the odo, safari is an addiction, the owners know them.
Same here dude it's an addiction of driving the Safari and reclaiming your life.
Old 13th February 2009, 13:45   #83
BHPian

hi sunishsamuel, sad to know the reason for disposal of your vehicle. On an optimistic note, suggesting a possibility of selling it to a good friend or anyone in the family for a buyback in the future, if things hopefully set right in the future
Old 13th February 2009, 13:48   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
2.2 is indeed a practical move for you after clocking more than 1L kms and your aim for clocking 1L kms in 2.2 in 1year i guess was impossible as you had only 5months left.

Same here dude it's an addiction of driving the Safari and reclaiming your life.
Yes, i agree not many months left but that was because i did not push my plans hard, thank god, i did not do that, considering the depreciation after 1L kms i would have had a heart attack
Old 13th February 2009, 13:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
hi sunishsamuel, sad to know the reason for disposal of your vehicle. On an optimistic note, suggesting a possibility of selling it to a good friend or anyone in the family for a buyback in the future, if things hopefully set right in the future
Dude, I'm still in the loop

Sunish, good to see you here! I think the 3.5-4L was someone's random shot in the dark and hardly based on rational thought. Its a very well kept vehicle and I totally liked it. Your transparency in the entire dealings is also appreciated.

Will revert by breakfast time tomorrow. The OHC's stated resale value threw a spanner in the works - just like you I don't want to give it away cheap - its still a great car. Trying to figure out if keeping both is possible at all for us.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:02   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Dude, I'm still in the loop

Will revert by breakfast time tomorrow. The OHC's stated resale value threw a spanner in the works - just like you I don't want to give it away cheap - its still a great car. Trying to figure out if keeping both is possible at all for us.
No worries Samuel, Zenx has promised me also to close it tomorrow morning, better he closes the deal and join the Safari family.

Last edited by gowda79 : 13th February 2009 at 14:10.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:30   #87
Senior - BHPian

Well .. the ad says the vehicle has been sold already! - to you I hope Zenx
Old 13th February 2009, 15:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

This one is turning out to be very interesting!

Samuel, great of your to have come down here and make a point. And I do not think anyone would have taken any offense.

And I hope you get a good deal. All of us love our vehicles and it pains to see that you are being forced to part with a ride you definitely have brought with a passion.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:14   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am hurt on one part that some of the folks who called me are from T-Bhp but quoted prices as low as 3.5-4L for my car saying Safari's are crap and that my car does not have any accessories/extra fittings etc.
Don't feel hurt as per psychologist Adler superiority complex is another manifestation of inferiority complex.

You should have shot back why are they interested in picking up Crap at all ? Crap is Crap no matter at what cost you pick it up.
Old 14th February 2009, 17:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
...Will revert by breakfast time tomorrow...
Zenx, Hope you had your breakfast today morning.

Now ... (do you really want me to spell it out? ) ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks