Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 10:08   #106
Senior - BHPian

Guys we cannot just keep complaining about the Tata Safari or a company , please visit this site and you can find as many as complaints you want on other so called reputed companies.

CarComplaints.com - Car Problems, Car Complaints, & Repair/Recall Information

Last edited by gowda79 : 16th March 2009 at 10:20.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:49   #107
Senior - BHPian

It is more important to know yourself, rather than the car you are planning to buy.

If you can honestly say the love for the car is deep enough to send you into cyberspace and into doing R&D on trying to resolve its niggles & problems, then you have the right temperament to go ahead!

If you can give your car equal rights to do, at times, as it pleases, you have the right temperament.

If you are the kind that wants the car to be always available and subservient to your demands, you look elsewhere.

It's the RE theory! An RE is not for everyone. An RE is different. Challengingly so for some; disappointingly so for others.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:53   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Steeroid : It is quite tempting to go with the mood of the moment and keep painting the two manufacturers in question black and blue based on 2 individual members experiences. Yes they are not the perfect pictures of reliability, this is something we all know.

Perhaps I am lucky in that respect, but I did resist the attempt to shout out from the rooftops and instead went about finding solutions.
IMHO, that's a balanced view of things.

But the experience of the concerned owners can be used to learn from.

Every vehicle is going have it's own behaviour, more due to the way it is treated by it's owner /user - usage-wise & maintenance-wise.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:06   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
@HappyWheels

thanks for the info but i do want to confirm one thing Are Scorpio spares and service & maintenance cost on the lower side as compared to safari.

@Raj and happywheels

i know the scorpio ride was very bouncy in earlier versions but i also know for a fact that M&M did approach Lotus engineering of germany after which the ride in the New Scorpio was far better as compared to before.

@jimmyjagga

thanks for the info of Scorpio Automatic but that i had suggested for Abhi I am more inclined towards Scorpio Sle ABS

At a price piont of 8.5 lk is is better to take Scorpio Sle with AB
S (all the regular goodies) or is it better to go for safari Lx

I would say Safari dude!!
Old 16th March 2009, 11:35   #110
BHPian

guys thanks a ton for all your support and advises.

today it was a good fortune of mine that i met a earstwhile GM of Maruti (whom i was in good terms with because i have owned many marutis) has joined tata and when i told him about my dilemma. he straight forward asked me to wait for another 6 months or so because according to him.

the launch of the new scorpio has threatened safari sales immidiately and the vfm mahindra is offering is gr8. he said that safari was enjoying the market because the mhawk was only available at 10lk and at lower price piont ie safari lx was selling like hot cakes but new scorpio has undone it.

safari will offer vfm similar to scorpio in the comming months. so guys i hope we could expect similar versions at similar price points

when asked about engine problems he said that delphi was becoming a pain for tata and they would sort things out asap
Old 16th March 2009, 11:56   #111
BHPian

Quote:
guys thanks a ton for all your support and advises.
-----
when asked about engine problems he said that delphi was becoming a pain for tata and they would sort things out asap
Are you sure in 6 months a better VFM Safari would come up?
Old 16th March 2009, 12:30   #112
BHPian

@jimmyjagga

as per him its probably in 6 months or so but seeing the current market situation and issues with tata i a sure they will launch it be last quater at max.
guys this news is from a person only as far as i know there aint any official news but if there is somethings of this sorts on cards i guess even other BHPians will be able to get some spoof on it
Old 16th March 2009, 17:26   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
the launch of the new scorpio has threatened safari sales immidiately and the vfm mahindra is offering is gr8. he said that safari was enjoying the market because the mhawk was only available at 10lk and at lower price piont ie safari lx was selling like hot cakes but new scorpio has undone it.

safari will offer vfm similar to scorpio in the comming months. so guys i hope we could expect similar versions at similar price points
They'd better do something to offer a VFM option. Mahindra did a fantastic job of repricing the scorpio range and making mhawk engine standard across the range. The GX was a great idea until Mahinda made it's move.

Quote:
They got to do something about these Delphi guys. They are giving the 2.2 such a bad rap with the number of issues that have proped up with the fuel pump/injectors, etc...
Old 17th March 2009, 13:18   #114
BHPian

Quote:
But I guess the thread starter needs to look at the percentage of people who have not had any problems with their safari's and then see if he is lucky enough to take the chance
Actually, I already did
Spoke to a acquaintance who runs a multi brand service place in Chennai

I wouldn't say that he strongly discouraged me, but he did strongly alluded to the fact that someone used to two very dependable cars may be possibly in for a hard time switching to a Safari...
He also pointed out that the resale value of my Corsa is a lot less than what it is actually (functionally) worth
He also suggested that if I was really keen on getting a Safari, I would be better off selling the Swift (an idea that high command was very strongly against)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I decided to curb my urge, got an ICE upgrade in the Corsa to keep myself happy with a new toy (albeit a lot smaller than the new toy I was hoping for), and stick to rented self Dr Innovas or Endeavors for those wild side vacation trips

Last edited by abhi182 : 17th March 2009 at 13:20.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:02   #115
Team-BHP Support

Well abhi, you can still buy an innova, and enjoy peace of mind
Old 17th March 2009, 23:19   #116
BHPian

@4x4addict

i know my friend, and guys i feel after the fantastic job that M&M have done on the scorpio range in terms of pricing the New Scorpio is miles ahead in every dept except ride comfort of Safari.

i feel scorpio has outrightly won the battle in

refinement
overall fit and finish
quality of interiors
safety in lower end trims (ABS)
features
reliability
cost of maintenance
equipment and gizmos
vfm

and if tata's dont get a wakeup call on this also i feel they would loose the chunk of the market to Mahindra Scorpio???????????
Old 17th March 2009, 23:34   #117
BANNED

Quote:
i know my friend, and guys i feel after the fantastic job that M&M have done on the scorpio range in terms of pricing the New Scorpio is miles ahead in every dept except ride comfort of Safari.

i feel scorpio has outrightly won the battle in

refinement
overall fit and finish
quality of interiors
safety in lower end trims (ABS)
features
reliability
cost of maintenance
equipment and gizmos
vfm

and if tata's dont get a wakeup call on this also i feel they would loose the chunk of the market to Mahindra Scorpio???????????

Add one more to the lot.

I beg to differ your deduction.

refinement - good use of hard plastics which fade and sag by time

overall fit and finish - The Scorp still has gaping spaces in fit

quality of interiors - nothing much to write about interiors that get dirty soon

safety in lower end trims (ABS) - ABS available in VX Safari

features - What features are we talking

reliability - Is as reliable as the Safari

cost of maintenance - 11 yrs Safari's are sold and every old owner swear by its low maintenance cost

equipment and gizmos - What gizmos, you actually can install it all at a nominal price on any cars

vfm - Cramped and bouncy car at a price equal to a Safari

Stop making such statements. Every one can do the same.

Mods: This thread is going the Scorp Vs Safari battle again.
Old 18th March 2009, 06:25   #118
Senior - BHPian

@ pavan: buddy, nishant is not turning this into a scorpio v/s safari battle. he voiced out his opinion. by dabating/arguing on it, you are!

i feel this is the right time tata should do something about the safari. its getting old now. either a major facelift or atleast new pricing.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 18th March 2009 at 06:40.
Old 18th March 2009, 08:50   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i feel this is the right time tata should do something about the safari. its getting old now. either a major facelift or atleast new pricing.
The price at which Tata is selling this SUV is a VFM and Tata has done whatever can be done at that price.

If you want very good reliability likes of Toyota or Honda be ready to pay extra and this will be in the range of other highend vehicles which is around 20Lakhs and more.

There are many sites in internet showing details of the breakdown vehicles even such as Merc / BMW / Toyota / Mazda, after paying high price also such breakdowns happen.

Last edited by gowda79 : 18th March 2009 at 08:53.
Old 18th March 2009, 10:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Add one more to the lot. I beg to differ your deduction.

Nothing new...

refinement - good use of hard plastics which fade and sag by time
So is of any suv in the said segment.

overall fit and finish - The Scorp still has gaping spaces in fit
Scorpio's gaps and panels are far less then safari's. Not to mention the Scorpio's ac nobs and door panels are much more healthier as well.

quality of interiors - nothing much to write about interiors that get dirty soon
Does Safari or even Innova gets spared ??

safety in lower end trims (ABS) - ABS available in VX Safari
i.e. more then 10 Lakh for VX or even GX.

features - What features are we talking
????

reliability - Is as reliable as the Safari
If one would rate 7pts in terms of reliability then scorpio will be atleast 7.25 pts but not 7 pts. One can judge the same by problems threads of scorpio/safari simultaneously on tbhp.

cost of maintenance - 11 yrs Safari's are sold and every old owner swear by its low maintenance cost.
Was scorpio available 11 years back ??

equipment and gizmos - What gizmos, you actually can install it all at a nominal price on any cars
Let me see.. Can you install ABS ? More importantely what fit and finish do one expect for aftermarket fitment ??

vfm - Cramped and bouncy car at a price equal to a Safari
Indeed it is... But still for medium height strutcutre person and one who dosen't drive above 80 or so at given cost i really find Scorpio a real VFM.

Stop making such statements. Every one can do the same.
Let analyze with cool mind... who made the statements and who wrote down his opinion.

Mods: This thread is going
the Scorp Vs Safari battle again.
Disclaimer : I do not own a scorpio or Safari but yes I own a Innova. But yes done many long tours in Scorpio/Safari and very familiar with the egronomics and behaviour of the said veichles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Price revision is at the priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
If you want very good reliability likes of Toyota or Honda be ready to pay extra and this will be in the range of other highend vehicles which is around 20Lakhs and more.
For me it's something like "more you add sugar, more sweeter it will be".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks