Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 12:15   #121
BHPian

MODS - can we have a dedicated thread for Safari vs Scorprio debates?
That should be fun..
Old 18th March 2009, 12:26   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
That should be fun..
You mean like a full-time WAR ZONE thread? No holds barred? No moderation on language? But a strictly MEMBERS ONLY thread? Let it be a Safari vs. Scorpio vs. Innova vs. Xylo debate - that'll be the ultimate party!!
Old 18th March 2009, 12:34   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You mean like a full-time WAR ZONE thread? No holds barred? No moderation on language? But a strictly MEMBERS ONLY thread? Let it be a Safari vs. Scorpio vs. Innova vs. Xylo debate - that'll be the ultimate party!!
exactly !! these suvs are high on everyones drool list, this side of 10 lacs. why shud we keep it under wraps. its time as the party never seems to stop on this subject.

Last edited by chaxy : 18th March 2009 at 12:37.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:39   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That should be fun..
Quote:
exactly !! its time as the party never seems to stop on this subject.
Chaxy it is better to be quiet rather than making others understand who don't understand, again and again make unwanted statements.

As a Safari owner yourself you know how the vehicle performs and it is waste of time comparing it with other vehicles.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:47   #125
BANNED

Quote:
A Xylo alongside the Safari / Scorp and Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Chaxy it is better to be quiet rather than making others understand who don't understand, again and again make unwanted statements.

As a Safari owner yourself you know how the vehicle performs and it is waste of time comparing it with other vehicles.
, i feel we should not tread into such territories any more. Its better be on road fight for performance than on a forum.

For me Safari is the Best,i am happy like that, and i like to keep it this way. as far as others are concerned, its their choice, you can settle for less
Old 18th March 2009, 13:04   #126
BHPian

@ PavanKadam

i dont know why did u take things so personally i just said that i FEEL so and i had clearly said so i my previous post also. i am still a die hard fan of safari but at the same time i cant just neglect other facts. regarding the pionts u had raised on various parameters RAJ and ashthedivx have already replied so i dont want to repeat things.

@ Everyone

i guess we are mature enough to give due respect to each others point of view so lets not debate. i agree that safari ride comfort is light years ahead of scorpio. And scorpio price point and overall package is hard to neglect.

i have decided if by the nxt quater or max till july or aug 1st week a lower priced version of safari aint available ill go with scorpio Sle ABS
Old 18th March 2009, 15:12   #127
Senior - BHPian

Exactly my point !! You know and love your vehicle. Why should one just go over ga-ga on any one who just wanted to share his opinion. One should be good listener along with a good speaker.

It's a thread for clearing up basic apprehensions people have before buying Safari 2.2, let it be till that thing only.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:45   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
@ PavanKadam

i dont know why did u take things so personally

i have decided if by the nxt quater or max till july or aug 1st week a lower priced version of safari aint available ill go with scorpio Sle ABS
Buddy, i've never commented on you on personal terms, chill .

I wish you all the luck in your next quarter search for your new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Exactly my point !! You know and love your vehicle. Why should one just go over ga-ga on any one who just wanted to share his opinion. One should be good listener along with a good speaker.

It's a thread for clearing up basic apprehensions people have before buying Safari 2.2, let it be till that thing only.
To each his own. i've adhered to the thread topic and given my views or clarified others views through my view point, thus clearing apprehensions wrongly built.
Old 18th March 2009, 16:10   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
@ Everyone

i guess we are mature enough to give due respect to each others point of view so lets not debate.
OT: Forget about it Nishant....most of us enjoy bashing others, esp those who don't belong to our class of thought (read vehicle)....surprising but TRUE!

@Pavan Bhai: This has been my experience in general...nothing to do with current discussion in particular.

Regards,
Deepak

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 18th March 2009 at 16:17.
Old 18th March 2009, 16:20   #130
Senior - BHPian

This discussion is futile , at least for now since the OP has blown his money on an ICE upgrade for his existing car ( Yet another win for the ICE section ) and decided to stay away from any new car for a while
Old 18th March 2009, 16:25   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
OT: Forget about it Nishant....most of us enjoy bashing others, esp those who don't belong to our class of thought (read vehicle)....surprising but TRUE!

@Pavan Bhai: This has been my experience in general...nothing to do with current discussion in particular.

Regards,
Deepak
Deepak i respect your tri-color avtaar.

with your view point and signing out of this thread which is going no-where. Over and Outta here.
Old 18th March 2009, 16:37   #132
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean like a full-time WAR ZONE thread? No holds barred? No moderation on language?
oof dada, if that was possible, some of the choicest poems would have come out from me if confirmed of no infractions - i am now 2 points away from being banned. So, bring on the blanket immunity and let the best/worst? of the thoughts come out. For my silly defence, let me say I was going through a bad poetic phase with a loss of account that hurts being a freelancer!!! And the lines that invited the points were not against the individual but against the thought process, but again agree it was against the forum rules or otherwise this forum would just be full of keyboard sepoys increasing post-age in this tbhp akhara.

But serioulsy so let me write down why a person, me, went for a first lot 2.2 from the house of Tatas - who were of course known for using Eastern India as trial purposes - yes all vehicles used to go for sale before in east of India first. But they were changing as were the times and that is what I felt.

Tata were serious on the Safari upgradation and that can be seen how they took time to bring it on here in India and they prolonged with the 3.0 engine for quite sometime. I followed the Safari development process intensely - they did extensive tests outside India and then in India. What was also most interesting was that this product was lauched much before in Europe than anywhere in India. So they had done their homework - how much that is subjective and will vary among the members.

In Oct 2007, no manufacturer gave me the advanced 2.2 engine, 130-160 kph high speed stablity, saftey certification - 74/297/EEC (European Regulation), a factory fitted steel engine guard, 205 mm ground clearence, and plus that comfort at 7.27 lakhs ex-calcutta. At that time there was no competition to these attributes and still for some points there is none.

I remember counting around 15 VTT 2.2 among our members in around the first month itself, that is like 1 vehicle every 2 days. And now there may be around 80 members like here with the 2.2, of course majority are silent but again okay to happy. JSL is one active member, who is using is VTT quite severely is happy with it, till now, and his most recent 5000 km travelouge should be up shortly. and ADC LTOR is out here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...2-2-t-bhp.html

On talking to 3 service managers in 3 states, they say like the 2.2 is much less problematic than what the 3.0 was!!!

And on the flip side we have TSK with VTT 2.2 and mupreti with another 2.2 mhawk out here who has been on the wrong side of the perception - of course the tsk thread has more visibility than the m_upreti posts.

My conclusion [oof i am tired of posting like my conclusion, my opinion - of course it is mine if I am posting through my ID] that the VTT 2.2 is a successful product and right now the real challenge for Safari 2.2 VTT is not the engine or whatever but the price reduction and ABS EBD that should come out as default in all models - now that mhawk is there in all their variants plus ABS is there at a cheaper price point, though a 4wd 2.2 scorpio looks like around 3-4 months away.

Another point, the moment you think like Safari-Innova or Scorpio-Innova, it is better for that person to go for the Innova or any MUV. I can elaborate on that point but that will be out of context here and is very subjective.

Last edited by adc : 18th March 2009 at 16:40.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:05   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
To each his own. i've adhered to the thread topic and given my views or clarified others views through my view point, thus clearing apprehensions wrongly built.
Thanks for understanding !!
Old 18th March 2009, 18:14   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Anirban, you just tempted the poet in me...

You're right adc, mods aren't giving us permission yet,
And neither too soon in the future, I'll bet.
I liked your conclusion about your car
Being a successful product by far.
But service managers in 3 states stated the 2.2 is less problematic,
What do you say, the Safari's never left you peripatetic?
Do 4x4s have more problems than 4x2s?
Do front diffs fail, does engine oil ooze?
Did TML build the VX better than the LX?
Do Safaris in Pune have better brakes?
My TD on Friday the 13th left me unhappy,
The brakes were poor though the ride wasn't choppy.
Does TML sell lemons in Delhi?
I could source one from CCU easily.
I'm confused, should I wait a few months?
Let Safari get new injection pumps?
Let there be Scorpio 4-wheel drives?
To let me go on my dream drives...
Does the new Scorpio have a softer suspension?
Tell me folks, what's your impression?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 18th March 2009 at 18:25.
Old 18th March 2009, 18:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does TML sell lemons in Delhi?
I could source one from CCU easily.
TML does not sell Lemons, but the Showroom people do it by selling the Demo vehicles which would be used in unimaginable ways.

What does CCU mean???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks