Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2006, 00:23   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry to bring this thread up again, but I didn't want to start a new thread on the Tucson...
1. I'm shocked to learn from this thread that keyless entry is not an available option... I didn't even bother to ask the salesguy on the phone about that as I surely expected this basic feature on a car that costs 17.93 lakhs OTR (Chennai).
2. Even I feel the side cladding with paint on it would look far more classier, but when I asked the salesguy over the phone if he could get them painted for me... He was like "Umm... Will find out, saar"!
3. ID, No leather upholstery even as a paid option? I mean if they were giving you free leather covers for the seats, what about the door trims

I just don't understand why companies in India don't have pay and upgrade options.
Tucson is a CBU.Hyundai just takes orders and delivers to u. Nothing else.
Old 26th January 2006, 11:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
2. Even I feel the side cladding with paint on it would look far more classier, but when I asked the salesguy over the phone if he could get them painted for me... He was like "Umm... Will find out, saar"!
The Tuc with side claddings painted DOES NOT look good. There's one chap who tried that in Dubai and trust me it looks bad - it almost changes the perceived shape of the vehicle.

Then there are those who've put shiny studs on those screws that hold the plastic cladding to the body (are there screws, or have these chaps just stuck studs on?)....imho that looked pretty damn good on a black Tuc.
Old 26th January 2006, 13:06   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Tucson is a CBU.Hyundai just takes orders and delivers to u. Nothing else.
Mahe, other vehicles in this segment are CBUs too and you should visit other international Hyundai Web sites . Hyundai Tucson comes in many mixes and matches around the world and I really don’t see why Hyundai has given us a Tucson (with no higher trim variant available) without keyless entry (Now, this is sad!!), body colored/ painted side cladding (as an option at least), automatic A/C (even the top end Swift has this and the Corolla has this since 2003), no FE indicator (can forgive them on this one, but not easily as the vehicle costs 17.93L OTR Chennai) and no leather upholstery (again, they could charge us for this) when the car is more expensive than the manual CR-V (OTR Chennai). Anyway, Hyundais loss, just like with the Hyundai Sonata Embera which is stripped to the core in India. If they were so eager to sell it the way it is, the least they could do is offer two variants. As far as I go, the only strength the Hyundai has is that it runs on diesel… I mean how many (all around the world) consider Hyundai to be even comparable to Honda and Nissan in the above 15L price range and that too with kinda cheap plastic finish on the interiors and with all the flaws I’ve already mentioned. No wonder CR-V sales outbeat the sales of Hyundai Tucson (even though the Tucson is a crdi diesel).
Old 26th January 2006, 15:12   #94
BHPian

hi

i would recommend the hyundai simply b'coz it has a better engine than the ford.

i have driven the ford for about 10-20 km i found it very slow & sluggish

it is very difficult to reverse since it is so looong
Old 26th January 2006, 16:56   #95
BHPian

OFF TOPIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_11
it is very difficult to reverse since it is so looong
Buddy!!!
You buy a Monster and then complain that its difficult to reverse cause its too long!!! :-))
Didn't you try it out before buying it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks