Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2006, 17:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
What is the criteria, black or Padmini! I have one meeting each one of these, but unfortunately dont have one meeting both. I guess black mixed on emerald green would qualify the 1100d as black isn't it?!!

I will call u guys.
most of the cars in front of wipro are sumo's and indica's...white in colour. i'd suggest we meet a bit further down from wipro (going towards the rajarhat side).
@planet_rocker: maybe u can reach 5-10 mins early... the black padmini will be easy to spot i guess!

@110D - i have a black santro, so i guess i'd qualify on one of the criterion
Old 2nd November 2006, 17:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

aurite guys! its just two days to go for the meet.

two-three of my school mates will be there as guests. one of the rides will be a 1.8 Turbo Octy (expect a nice ice) and an ikon (with a decent ice).

see you guys on Sunday! till then take care and drive safe.
Old 5th November 2006, 08:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

"aurite fire 'em up. we r going live in 2.5 hours!" - 2fast 2furious (modded dialogue). just kiddin'.

drive safe guys. i will see you guys near WIPRO.
Old 5th November 2006, 10:13   #64
Team-BHP Support

Do not forget to take pictures. Not only cars but yours also. Post them asap.
Old 5th November 2006, 16:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Do not forget to take pictures. Not only cars but yours also. Post them asap.
Yes, waiting for nice pics of cars and the Calcuttans....
Old 5th November 2006, 17:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Wow what a meet, the amount of brake dust on the front alloys of the Ikon was a testimony to the fact that the Ikon had a lot of fun. Full of drama, spinning Fiat, Eagle F1's spraying cowdung. Perfect recipe for everything. I really had a great great fun, the best part was that we did not talk of anything else other than cars and the Ocy Rider was a real darling, however the Padmini (@planetrocker) really held its own head very high and has really endeared itself to all of us (which all of us will agree).

The Santro (@razor) was the surprise package of the day. I was driving behind the car to really enjoy it shooting across. It really has potential to catch a lot of unsuspecting sedan owners.

Its really a shame that my 1100d missed the action, please wish it a speedy recovery. Cos when it comes back, I will recommend each one of you to see it go. (although it will never touch 140 but the 1100d can sometimes touch 127 kph (as read on Ikon speedo) quite a mean feat for a 38 yr old car).

Anyway thanks for a nice day everyone, looking forward for the next meet.

Last edited by 1100D : 5th November 2006 at 17:59.
Old 5th November 2006, 18:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

TBHP Cal meet lineup:
2 Balenos, 1 Ikon 1.6Nxt, 1 Octavia RS Rider 1.8 Turbo , 1 Premier Padmini, 1 Santro Xing
Not a bad turnout for the debut meet in the City of Joy (or have there been ones before? my debut in any case!!)

Agreed... the Padmini endeared itself to all of us. I'm glad the spin was a minor one.
@1100D: The Santro and its owner thanks you
Today was the first proper run with the K&N filter... seems to be doing its job!
I had a great time today. Will let Planet_rocker post the pics, coz the ones I took are a little blurry.
Looking forward to the next meet. And I'll have the Iridium plugs in place by then, so maybe I'll get to play with the big boys next time

Razor
Old 5th November 2006, 21:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

First Ever Team BHP Kolkata Meet

aurite lets start from the beginning!

everything was perfect till 11.00pm last nite, when suddenly @1100D called and said that his "whose baby I am!" met with an accident (a truck hit the rear quarter panel of his 1100D) and that he was very depressed and that he would decide whether he will be joining us tomorrow or not. i was too a bit depressed because i wont have the car which i like -> the 1100D.

woke up late in the morning and went to the garage to get my car. cleaned it up and headed back home. in the mean time 1100D called up and said that he will be joining. then after picking up my girl (read my gf, Indrani) and headed styraight for the place where we were supposed to meet. on the way my car (Premier Padmini) had a flat tyre and had to change it. the result was pretty simple i reached late by almost one hour.

The Meet:

everyone was waiting for me. i could see the line up of cars in front of me. Indrajit RC's Baleno, my friend's (Shuvabrata) Skoda Octavia Rider, razor's Santro Xing, shuvc's Baleno and 1100D's Ford Ikon.

loved the k&n in the xing. i was like "wow" when i saw the "mammoth" JBL bass tube in the boot of the skoda.

then as per plan we decided to go for a drive around rajarhat.

The Drive:

as we moved on i saw the two balenos and the xing passing me like a jet.

now the best part as i floored my baby around 80KPH i saw the ikon almost kissing my car's rear bumper. i knew something was fishy about this. then as i picked my speed the ikon started pushing me from behind. i could feel that he @1100d was trying to "push me away off his way".

then it had to happen:-
there was a turn and my car was doing 100KPH (with 1100d right on my tail)... i took the turn at full speed and car started fish tailing for a second and started spinning (a small one though - thanks to my cross plys)...with the ikon almost hitting my rear left door and the skoda almost hitting the ikon from its back.

well everyone and everything was fine after that. i thought lets just keep the speed under control and drove with a decent speed. and then all of a sudden all of the cars disappeared in front of me. we were supposed to go through the entire rajarhat stretch and then take VIP road and head for Tangra. i couldnt see them any longer and took a wrong turn and again took the rajarhat by mistake and rejoined them on the EM ByPass (the guys waiting for me as usual - thanks a lot for that).

Lunch:

we went to a restaurant @tangra called Village Woks. the food was pretty good. the boozers included Razor, my friend Shuvabrata and me. the most important part was that the food was cheap and yummy. the members included 1100d, his wifey, razor, shuvc, indrajitr, my friend, my girl and me. oh! i forgot about the sweeetest member - 1100d's 11month old baby daughter (mercedes as he prefers to call her)

Time to say goodbye:

then we headed home and the party ended.

Summary:

1. i reached late.
2. my car's 90` spin.
3. lovely rides
4. mammoth JBL bass tube in the skoda's boot.
5. good food.
6. nice meet.

it was an awsome experience meeting up all of the guys.

i guess i will have to post the pics tomorrow because its no point uploading the pics using a 56kbps modem.
Old 5th November 2006, 22:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker
now the best part as i floored my baby around 80KPH i saw the ikon almost kissing my car's rear bumper. i knew something was fishy about this. then as i picked my speed the ikon started pushing me from behind. i could feel that he @1100d was trying to "push me away off his way".

then it had to happen:-
there was a turn and my car was doing 100KPH (with 1100d right on my tail)... i took the turn at full speed and car started fish tailing for a second and started spinning (a small one though - thanks to my cross plys)...with the ikon almost hitting my rear left door and the skoda almost hitting the ikon from its back.

Well the situation was a bit different from the drivers seat of the Ikon!!

1> The Ikon was kissing the rear bumper of the padmini to get it to move beyond 110! Yes @planet your car was doing 110 when I made contact with the rear bumper of your car (your speedo indicating 100) and pushed it to a little beyond 120. Padmini rear bumper and the Ikon front bumper heights I know very well, so took the chance. Padmini speedo's under-indicate, however the speedo on the 1100d underindicates more. But wasn't it fun?

2> I pulled off from your tail at least 80-100 metres from the corner, allowing you to brake.

3> Your corner entry speed was 60, not 100. Our 1100d takes it at the same speed, but for the condition and the type of tyres (cross plies) on your car, it was asking for a bit too much.

4> U put down the power at the wrong place (practice heel-toeing, its a very easy thing to do with the Padmini) and as I always have mentioned your tyres need to be changed.

5> It was really a sight to watch cos I was watching the octy too on my RVM, it was like watching 2 incidents at the same time. Kudo's to Shuvo to get the correction done Mid-corner (even I was mid-corner). So all of us should thank Goodyear for making awesome tyres!!
Old 5th November 2006, 22:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

But Where Are The Pics?
Old 5th November 2006, 22:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

@1100d - i guess you are right. taking a turn at 60 was a bit too much with such poor cross plys in my car. yeah i will have to change the tyres.

about the pics.... none of imageshack, photobucket working properly from my home. cant upload the pic with a 56kbps modem.

i will post the pics tomorrow from office. sorry guys - u will have to wait for the pics.
Old 6th November 2006, 10:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Pictures Of The Meet @Kolkata

The Rides:

1. shuvc's Baleno vxi, Razor4077's Santro Xing, my friend Shuvabrata's Skoda Octy Rider.

2. indrajitr's Baleno lxi

3. shuvc's Baleno & razor's Santro

4. the Octy

5. razor's Santro

6. shuvc's Baleno

7. 1100D's Ford Ikon and My "Spinning" Padmini

The Members:

clock-wise from "mercedes"

1. Baby "mercedes"
2. 1100D's Wifey
3. 1100D
4. shuvc
5. My friend Shuvabrata
6. Razor4077
7. indrajitr
8. me (missing)
9. my GF.

The Sweetest Member: (baby "mercedes")

Old 6th November 2006, 11:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics planet_rocker, looking fwd to see your pic now....

Abhi
Old 6th November 2006, 11:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Nice snaps @planet and a really enjoyable meet - the first of many to come I'm sure.
@1100 did not elaborate on the cowdung incident since his tyres being the main protagonist, he wasn't in a position to see it happen - I was .. about 50 metres behind him and @Razor.

One of the famed cows on rajarhat road had apparently recently left behind a decent amount of faecal legacy .. the Ikon overtook the Santro around 100kph with one tyre going right through it .. it was a treat to watch the Eagle F1's 'fluid-evacuating' capabilities .. @razor wasn't as amused - he thanked his lucky stars that his windows were wound up
Old 6th November 2006, 11:53   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
One of the famed cows on rajarhat road had apparently recently left behind a decent amount of faecal legacy .. the Ikon overtook the Santro around 100kph with one tyre going right through it .. it was a treat to watch the Eagle F1's 'fluid-evacuating' capabilities .. @razor wasn't as amused - he thanked his lucky stars that his windows were wound up

damn right i wasn't!! couldn't even turn on the wipers... i'd have s**t smeared all over my windshield

@planet_rocker - nice pics dude. first time my santro's made it to a teamBHP thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks