Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:04   #166
Senior - BHPian

1day's corvette should make the US meet pretty intersting......
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:40   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Actually steeroid has all the videos too, and where is he? Hasnt been online the whole of today.....
Oye tell me where to upload them and I can do it. I hate rapidshare because they keep prompting me to upgrade to premium - I hate them for it, because their 'premium' service is way to expensive.

BTW its 72 megs in all - how the hell do I upload all of it? I'll wait till I get to DXB and upload them at lightspeed with my home DSL....
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:45   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
.. But it was shocking to see steeroid and psycho so worked up ..
Have ball, will play.

What was so 'shocking' about it? We hadnt even warmed up, morons!
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:52   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
P.S-Youse forgot to name all the people in this pic; like for example, who's the drinkin' guy with the pretty lady...?

Let me see:

1. Mumbai guy (addy's brother?)

2. Addy/Saddy a.k.a Aditya

3. One more mumbai guy

4. Psycho

5. The Mighty Nitrous (Safe Sex On The Beach - 1)

6. Yet another Mumbai guy (Nitroxx ?)

7. The 2 extra denim legs behind 6 above = Jay

8. Stuart Lil a.k.a McLaren

9. Kundan a.k.a Rallystar

10.Islero (Safe Sex On The Beach - 2)

11. Drifter

12. Drifter's girl

13. adya33 or NC's friend (cant remember)

14. normally_silent

15. F50?

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd June 2006 at 22:56.
Old 2nd June 2006, 23:08   #170
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Steeroid,
I think you reversed F50 & Addy's brother.
Old 2nd June 2006, 23:11   #171
Senior - BHPian

Steeroid you have it a bit mixed up there.
In order.

F50, Aditya, Kartik, Psycho, Nitrous, Nitroxx+Jay, Mclaren, Rallystar, Islero, Drifter, Drifter's girl, Adya, NC and Chetan.

Drifter
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:51   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
Steeroid you have it a bit mixed up there.
In order.

F50, Aditya, Kartik, Psycho, Nitrous, Nitroxx+Jay, Mclaren, Rallystar, Islero, Drifter, Drifter's girl, Adya, NC and Chetan.

Drifter
Hey Drifter , Wats happened with you guys ... none you guys have even put a mini report as to how ur guys trip was !! Comeon guys .. lets hear ur version as well ..im sure you guys too had fun ... and also the pics !!!

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2006, 07:19   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
Steeroid,
I think you reversed F50 & Addy's brother.
Well I did the best I could under the circumstances. Didnt really get to know these guys well though I did get along with the Chennai, Udupi and Himachal guys well enough.

To me the biggest disappointment - if at all - was the Mee Mumbaikar team that we really didnt get to know.
Old 3rd June 2006, 08:04   #174
BANNED

Quote:
Trying to catch up with the rest the first 150kms went at the wink of an eye , touching speeds of slightly over 140 .. Then I realized that at speeds of 120 the car started to understeer in a straight line
Would you mind CLARIFYING this statement PLEASE @mclaren?
Old 3rd June 2006, 09:01   #175
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
What was so 'shocking' about it? We hadnt even warmed up, morons!
just warmed up ?? I have never seen the two of u in more crankier state ever , or maybe it had to do with the crowd ?? Oh , just remembered about the prank call that u got ..

Quote:
Would you mind CLARIFYING this statement PLEASE @mclaren?
FOr the first few hours of the journey the car behaved perfectly fine .. But as we approached chitradurga everytime i stepped on the gas pedal and hit about 120 the front end would become really light and start swaying .. It was a little too scary because it gave no confidence that the car would stay in a straight line while overtaking .. Jay summed it up the heavy wind speeds to be the reason for it .. However once we hit the ghats at hubli the problem seemed to have vanished by itself .. The problem didnt resurface on the return journey either ..
Old 3rd June 2006, 09:22   #176
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu the report will come after this weekend with pictures, we are meeting tonight so that we can collect all the pics and videos....videos are in the process of editing.

So please bear with the waiting. Thanks. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you guys...but somehow the plot was lost while we coordinated.

Drifter
Old 3rd June 2006, 09:43   #177
BHPian

Quote:
FOr the first few hours of the journey the car behaved perfectly fine .. But as we approached chitradurga everytime i stepped on the gas pedal and hit about 120 the front end would become really light and start swaying .. It was a little too scary because it gave no confidence that the car would stay in a straight line while overtaking .. Jay summed it up the heavy wind speeds to be the reason for it .. However once we hit the ghats at hubli the problem seemed to have vanished by itself .. The problem didnt resurface on the return journey either ..
Strange! I felt the same way too last week when I was coming back from Wayand. The car felt ok on the ghats but on the state high way after satyamangalam, the front end was so light and i could feel the winds trying to upset the balance.

I thought if there could be a puncture. But again the problems vanished once i got near coimbatore. Seems to be a problem of pretty heavy cross winds
Old 3rd June 2006, 10:14   #178
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Strange! I felt the same way too last week when I was coming back from Wayand. The car felt ok on the ghats but on the state high way after satyamangalam, the front end was so light and i could feel the winds trying to upset the balance.

I thought if there could be a puncture. But again the problems vanished once i got near coimbatore. Seems to be a problem of pretty heavy cross winds
Yes , harrie in the end i too felt it had to be due to the heavy cross winds. Because initially just like u thought i too thought we had a flat .. Immediately pulled over to the side and saw that all tires were intact , next thing that crossed my mind was that it could be due to the front left tire that was in a bad shape , swapped that and still the problem continued , got wheel balancing and wheel alignment done and still the problem persisted ..

Thought it could be due to some suspension problem or could be due to the tires , it was only when we entered the ghats that we realised that the car was handling beautifully yet again , hit speeds of 140 in the straights and the car was planted to the ground .. Thats when Jay and myself figured out it could have been due to the winds , wonder if psycho experienced the same while driving the baleno back to bangy ??

Talking about the ghats just realised that the air was cool and dense on our way to goa.. The ideal sort of atmosphere for the cars to breathe in and breathe out fire .. Jay managed to capture a few vids of the baleno being redlined in the 1st 3 gears , too bad that his SD card got conked and he lost everything.. Badly wanted to get my hands on those vidoes..
Old 3rd June 2006, 10:23   #179
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
How come you missed out Nitrous and Islero having Safe Sex on the Beach?
Hehehe that was hilarious... and Steer... what about the Entry ticket scene.... about what the Mambo's wala said regarding the Couples ...

Quote:
But i must admit that khaadu got some amazing donuts , too bad we couldnt capture them on video , also as he was doing a few way past midnight we just saw 3 petrified cows charging straight at the car .. All this, while our man is busy concentrating on ABC pedals and the handbrake ..
3 petrified cows ??? dude there was a whole herd of cows about 6-7 running towards the car....
Old 3rd June 2006, 10:24   #180
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
During the whole trip i think the car bottomed about 3 times.. Also the offroading is the only reason we could avoid the truck in the ghat sections that couldnt stop on time around that blind turn..

.. Too bad that v1p3r and memo couldnt join in with the fun ..

That man khaadu is a real entertainer ..
Dude on the way back, Psycho himself bottomed the car about 3 times... everytime you could hear Nitrous shouting... take it at 45 degrees and still psycho would take it straight and bottom it...

And yeah the truck was a little too close for comfort at the blind turn.... Luckily i saw it early...

Akshay and Monish, you guys really missed out all the fun.... the whole journey Rahul was talking about how much you guys would have enjoyed if you were there with us...

Khaadu surely is a very good entertainer....

Last edited by Jay : 3rd June 2006 at 10:33.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed