View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2013, 15:32   #601
BHPian

The colour is SPARKLING BROWN!!!

Anyways it was awesome drive and Speed97 did wonders. The EEH fun and then the FFE roar in the tunnel on the Freeway, Ayub's food and the double decker table made out of Desmo's Spoiler, the photoshoot where we amateurs telling a pro how to take photos. We did it all until the cops came to spoil the fun.
Reached home by around 3:30am and immediately crashed into the bed.
Waiting for the report, pics and videos.
Old 22nd September 2013, 15:35   #602
BHPian

re: Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians

So, on popular demand zombie drive was back with a bang. This time a different route was chalked out. Out of the 13 confirmed, 9 cars finally made it to the list.

Plan was to gather at our usual adda of Hiranandani school @ 10PM and then head towards Eastern freeway. First to reach was LP640 (Avinash) followed by vvb8530(Varun), Jignesh, Desmosedici(Raj) and Siddharthdeb. I reached a bit late. Superbee(Raghav) came in with his roaring Swift. Swapszone(Swapnil) who wanted to fill 97 octane petrol at BKC arrived later. Aman had hopped into his City from Juhu.

Once everybody gathered, we decided to move. Esma1981(Esmail) was supposed to join us at the end of Eastern freeway. Journey through EEH was pretty smooth with all cars zooming ahead.

The regulars. L-R: Swapnil, Aman, Varun, Avinash, Raj, Raghav, Jignesh and Siddharth
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4285.jpg

Cars lined up at Hiranandani. L-R: Swapszone's Honda City, My i10, Jignesh's WagonR, Desmosedici's Honda City (everybody missed his Gypsy), vvb8350's Honda City, LP640's Hyundai Elantra
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-pano1.jpg

Jignesh on EEH
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4295.jpg

Raghav
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4297.jpg

Next destination was Ayub's for some munchies
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4301.jpg

Surprise surprise! Veg gang was more in number today
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4302.jpg

We convinced the guy over there to bring our order till parking since it was too crowded. He readily agreed and told us to decide and write down the order. Varun took the lead in writing the order. Hotel Management guy
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4304.jpg

You can see what we ate
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4306.jpg

Cars parked
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4308.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4309.jpg

Food ordered, discussions continued. There is not a second of silence in the group!
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4310.jpg

Desmosedici's City's spoiler became our table. First it was decided that non-veg table would be on Sid's Vento and veg on Desmo's City. But once the food arrived everybody forgot and just started munching it.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4311.jpg

Siddharth offering Baida roti to Swapnil. Esmail besides Swapnil
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4312.jpg

Raghav too relishing
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4313.jpg

An interesting discussion:
Varun: "Oh those uniforms na, ya we only had supplied it."
After a short pause
Varun: "Bekar the na?"
Swapnil(surprised): "Arre kya re tum"
Pic justifies Swapnil's reaction
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4315.jpg

Once late night snacks were done, we headed towards Nariman point to find a suitable place. The road in front of Infinity motors served as a perfect spot to shoot cars. We spend almost one hour in aligning the cars and shooting. Idea was, all Hondas together followed by Volkswagens, Marutis and Hyundais.

Outcome was as follows!
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4316.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4317.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4319.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4326.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4329.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4330.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4331.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4332.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4334.jpg

One more round of moving cars here and there. Varun in the meantime complained why only Hondas are being moved constantly. Maruti and Hyundai folks aaram kar rahe hai!

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4336.jpg

The Honda guys! L-R: Swapnil, Raj and Varun
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4337.jpg

The final parting shot. Boyz with their toyz!
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4339.jpg

With this, the group headed towards Worli. Sadly I had to cut short and head off home at this point.

Overall it was a fantastic drive. All drives getting better and better!
Almost everybody had clicked pictures. Request you all to upload.

...coming up next. Raghav's tunnel freakshow!

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 22nd September 2013 at 15:45.
Old 22nd September 2013, 16:18   #603
BHPian

So, with SDP sir bunking the class today, we had a good turnout and sure the students had loads of fun! The responsibility of preparing reports was for sure in good hands, full marks!

What after Kailash left? Who is taking the report ahead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
...coming up next. Raghav's tunnel freakshow!
I have been waiting for this since ages!
Who's doing the honors?
Old 22nd September 2013, 16:36   #604
BHPian

Raghav's tunnel freakshow! (Starts at 01:00).

There are lot of unavoidable disturbances in the video. Also the freakshow lasts just for few seconds. After that the video is of Eastern Freeway.

Video does not any justice to the free flow sound. You have to be there in person to feel it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
, the photoshoot where we amateurs telling a pro how to take photos.
Arey, I am still an amateur! Infact learnt a lot of composition tips from everybody!
Old 22nd September 2013, 17:25   #605
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Kailash, droolworthy photos and fantastic narration!
The narration made me almost not miss the drive.
You are just too modest, the photos are actually superlative. Loved the accurate white-balance (a thing that I never pay attention to myself when clicking, but adore in other's snaps) and sharpness of the images.

I clicked on the last image, it opened in a separate tab and I was able to see the number plates of each car and happy expression on each face. That photo can be cropped to make 3 different images if one wants. Lovely!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos are memories in physical/digital form. They matter, but slightly less than the fun of the actual event! Felt nice to hear that everybody enjoyed this outing. Keep them coming! Would join in next time.

PS: Where did you get the cop in the middle of the night?
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:08   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raghav's tunnel freakshow! (Starts at 01:00).
Thanks a ton Kailash. I was striving to listen to this sound after reading so much about the FFE Swift. The tunnel segment got me goosebumps.
Yours is a superb ride Raghav.
Old 22nd September 2013, 23:14   #607
BHPian

Excellent pictures of the zombie drive! I had made up my mind to attend it but on Saturday morning took an impromptu decision and gave the Vento for 3rd service hence didn't have a ride. Next time definitely!

Have to agree that the Swift sounded awesome in the tunnel and I can only imagine how great it would sound in person. On the next drive perhaps!

P.S. The food pictures made me drool even more.
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:05   #608
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics Kailash. Few amateur pics from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01745.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01748.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01749.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01754.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01755.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01756.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01757.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01758.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01753.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01765.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01771.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01773.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01781.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01785.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01786.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-dsc01787.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2013, 13:25   #609
BHPian

Excellent Pics Kailash and Raj. Must say, very good turn out and being a singletons night out, must have been doubly fun, nahi?

Ayub's Baida rotis are always worth the trouble that one has to take to find parking in that area (on a normal time like 10 PM, not at 12.00 Midnight though).

Just wondering is their ANY other group on the forum in ANY city which meets this frequently? Looks like we are turning out to be the pioneers in this, both in terms of frequency and the variety (Drives, Mini meets, Zombie meets et al)
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:32   #610
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

It was great zombie meet & drive. I am sorry for not being active on Whatapp group as my Micromax phone has gone dead & service center is going to give it back only after 15 - 20 days.

With nine cars, the turn-out was really good. Intially I was apprehensive over going to this drive alone, but after having post mid-night snacks at Ayubs, I was pretty awake & alert till the time I reached home at around 3:45 am.

Post (fashion show like) photo shoot at Nariman Point, Kailash left & the group headed to Worli Seaface. The discussion about cars (right from Opel Astras to latest Maruti Esteems) continued till 2: 50 am & finally we departed just before police patrol vehicles arrived.

Most of the cars went via Bandra-Worli sealink & for me probably for the first time the drive was blissful on Western Express Highway. I launched the car into 5th gear at Bandra & continued in the same gear till Kandivali East.

Thank you guys for making the drive successful & looking forward to more such drives again.

Thanks,
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:30   #611
Senior - BHPian

Ok, here goes my version.

I reach Powai around 10.15PM and see Varun standing there. Got introduced to Avinash. Sid joins in a few minutes later in his Vento. TBHPian raj5004 stops, chats for a few minutes and heads out as he had some other work. Jignesh joins in followed by Kailash. Basic chatting going on when we hear a humm and we all know that it was Raghav with his Swift. Later we come to know that Swapnil has gone to BKC to get a dose of 97 Octane and is on his way with Aman. Swapnil also joins in making the total number of cars to 8.

We leave from Powai and make our way to the Pizza Hut Signal. We all are waiting for the lights to go green. It did and all i could first hear was the Swift screaming out with Varun, Swapnil and Avinash following suit. What can i say, my lucky day that i got my Vtec, i too joined in for the dash till the next signal .

Once we got onto the Eastern Express Highway i lost sight of Swapnil and Raghav but could hear Raghav. Kept tailing Varun as i didnt know the way to the freeway. Caught up with Varun & Raghav at the Godrej signal. I took off once the lights turned green and enjoyed the bit of rush that i had been longing since a long time. Slowed down and again tailed Varun. Regrouped just before the left towards the Freeway on EEH and started again.

Reached the Freeway. It was fun. Such a long, nice stretch of road. It was quite inviting to do some speed runs but all of us avoided doing any stunts. Enjoyed the freeway totally. Esmail was waiting for us at the other end taking the tally now to 9 cars. We also checked out the videos that Sid was shooting on the Freeway on his phone.

Said bye to the Freeway and reached Ayub's. Parked ourselves way ahead from the usual parking and got the server to agree to get food till our cars. Nice delicious Paneer Roll and Baida Roti flushed down with Pepsi. Loved it. Meanwhile the discussion kept on happening. 118NE, Contessa, Esteem, info on BMW cars by Swapnil, Raghav's opinion on the FFE and Kailash's desire to have a FFE.

After a few burps, we start our cars and i just follow as i havent roamed around the town area that much. We reach some place and i read the name of the building as Maker Chambers. BMW Infinity is at that place. This is where we had to do the photoshoot. All cars lined up but Swapnil was too particular, 'Thoda Aage Thoda Peeche' went on for the next few minutes and we were all set. Avinash just opened up his Elantra's boot and sat in waiting for everyone to make their own adjustments.

After lining up the cars besides each other, it was decided that we would get it in a semi circle and again the shuffle started . I guess we were here for nearly a hour and a half and this was the only time where the entire focus was on the photoshoot and we did not discuss anything else. We had blocked the road which eventually was a dead end however cops came in and asked us to clear the road which we did after taking a few last moment snaps. Kailash - our photographer left from here and the rest of us moved on to Worli SeaFace. Got back to our discussions and someone saw the time. It was nearing 3AM. Took off from there to head back home at Goregaon West via the Sealink. Swapnil comes besides me, overtakes me and he is gone. Same done by Sid. I think by the time i finished paying the Sealink Toll, these guys had already reached home. I enjoyed the drive back home on an empty WEH. Raghav and Avinash caught up with me at Bandra, waved their bye byes and took off. Tailed them till Andheri and they vanished into the night. Reached home, uploaded the teaser pic and crashed. Wow, what a night to remember.

This was all that i could recreate from my end. Please add up if i have missed highlighting anything.

P.S. - Please see Raghav's TShirt Print. I almost forgot mentioning that.
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:27   #612
BHPian

Aha! We have one more expert writer! Raj! It seems even I forgot to mention about Raghav's tshirt print. Well it said "Mere paas maal hai" (translated to - I have some stuff).

The moment he came, everyone almost pounced upon him asking "kya hai wo maal". It's still a mystery though. Let Raghav disclose what "maal" he had .
Old 24th September 2013, 08:30   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let Raghav disclose what "maal" he had .
I am sure he must be referring to his swift.

Good meet guys, nice to know so many zombies roaming in the city ( a la Go Goa Gone types. No??). I guess Sanjay (SDP's) flair for writing and photography has serioulsy rubbed off some of the regular BHPians. Sanjay - your job is at stake.

Enjoy the ride guys (while I slave off my ppts, excels, one notes etc).
Old 26th September 2013, 18:10   #614
BHPian

I know I'm late to the party, I mean late in posting remarks to the thread, but couldn't resist:

You all can now officially be called Z-BHPians
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:06   #615
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Dinner meet in Powai tomorrow. Details coming up in some time (desmosedici).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks