Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2013, 14:58   #646
BHPian

This was really a MEGA Meet. Thanks Desmo (sorry can't pronounce your full name) for all the arrangements.

@ Nikibusa... You're welcome!

@ SDP... Missed your camera during the dinner. And thanks for the pre dinner pics. Nice write up again.

Waiting for other to post the pics and some write up post Sanjay's departure. Some awesome topics were discussed during the dinner. The Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet & Drive is on the cards, will post the details soon.

BTW, me, Varun and Nilesh had a small impromptu Honda City Photo-shoot meet in Borivali. Waiting for those pics as well. Had Special Appearances from Abhishek Nigam and Kunal Patwa.

Last edited by swapszone : 6th October 2013 at 15:01.
Old 6th October 2013, 16:14   #647
BHPian

re: Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians

It was the 16th of June when I first responded on this thread about being tentative for the very first meet that was going to be held at Powai, and then it was the 3rd of Octoberr when again I was tentative of participating in the meet. Only difference, I could not attend the 1st meet, and this time I made sure that I mark my attendance!

Finished up with work early at the office and was scheduled to meet N_C near JVLR who was kind enough to give me a lift till the venue. Had completely forgotten about the Dindoshi flyover that made sure N_C had to wait for me, thanks for that N_C.

Started off hoping to see the red brake lights on the JVLR, but it was relatively empty that day and we reached the venue pretty fast. We see a shining red XUV standing tall and a red Pulsar behind it, immediately I knew it was SDP and Jignesh chit-chatting.
Discussions started on TL's and many more.

Some time later, we see a zen pull up behind the Duma, it was YogeshNagpal. Then an etios pulled over which marked the arrival of PowerTrain. Slowly and steadily we see a variety of cars coming by and the crowd building up. While we were chatting, I also spotted a blue i20 with a GBHP pass through, but it did not stop. A vento arrived some time later and the regulars taught me how to recognize that it is Siddhart, if you know what I mean. Some time later, a white ANHC pulls up waving at us, sawnilrules it was. The crowd almost built up, we moved forward towards K3.

Chats and discussions were never short of topic, as is the case on the WhatsApp group, and the time started flying by. RajBajwa and Superbee also joined in, though a little late. We then headed back to the cars as a part of the group, rather a big part, was going to have dinner at Mantra's. Me and SDP took leave of the others with a promise to be back after another fortnight, same place, same time(if JVLR permits).

The pics section was left to SDP with Aman chipping in with some help. The dinner pics are still awaited, who did the hard part?

Nilesh, yes yes, that SA discussions part is fit to be put up here, specially that "saame tata dealership" one.

All in all, had a great meet and would be looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by carzone : 6th October 2013 at 16:15.
Old 6th October 2013, 18:43   #648
BHPian

So, yesterday was my first mini-meet. Just about reached Powai around 9-9.15. Checked with the group on whatsapp if they are still at K3. I hunted the area for a parking space which was difficult to find. 10-15 minutes and a parking spot later, I reached K3 only to find no one there. Again checked the whereabouts. Was told the group had reached Mantra! ROTFL!

It was great to meet all of you. The conversations, the anecdotes! Missed meeting SDP and others who had to leave.

By the way, SDP and Jignesh, my mini/quasi TL on a short trip to Kanheri Caves is up. Have to say that the trip was inspired by your Shilonda, Ovalekar Wadi, Jawhar/Dabhosa TLs!

Here are a couple of pics taken with my camera.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131006_184012.png
Views: 564
Size:  703.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131006_184046.png
Views: 555
Size:  759.1 KB
Old 7th October 2013, 10:27   #649
BHPian

Sanjay & Top-Gear, thanks a lot for the pics. This was indeed one awesome meet - great discussions on many topics, including surprisingly, baby strollers - we folks take anything with wheels very seriously I guess!!

Looking forward to the next zombie drive now!
Old 7th October 2013, 14:24   #650
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

It was indeed a great Dinner meet & by no means it can be called a "mini"-meet.

The group was failry large & the new topics went on emerging. The sitting arrangement at Mantra was really good & our was the most noisy & most cheerful group in the entire hotel.

I had to leave the group at 12:15 am as I was scheduled to drive to Nashik next day morning. So you guys got hold of a panwala?

Thanks,
Old 7th October 2013, 18:13   #651
BHPian

Hello all,

Further to our meet, Abhishek (balenopower) and I had planned to have a mini I-Vtec meet to do a photo shoot of the City I-Vtec's within the group. In fact, this plan was cooking in Abhishek's mind from ages. I remember him talking about it to me somewhere in the month of June-July types. But somehow just couldn't close it.

So last Saturday, we set out with an objective of doing the photo shoot. So I called up Varun, who in turn called up Swapnil, and decided to catch up to do a night photo-shoot. So the 4 gang of boys armed with their I-Vtec's were to meet up in borivali and head for a decently lit up area to shoot the beauties.

Photographer for the event was supposed to be Abhishek. All ready, all geared up and all excited to meet. 10 in the night, Abhishek calls me up to inform say, he has some other assignment that has come up and hence needs to cancel the plan, however, we can continue with our plan. It’s an Oh-No moment, as the entire plan of meeting up had no meaning now, as we won’t be able to do any photo-shoot. I check with Varun in case he has a camera, well negative comes his reply, as he even doesn't have it. But he is all geared up to meet, and if not photo-shoot may be go for a drive.

I immediately called up my friend Balaji Iyer, who is a car fanatic, though not a team-bhpian to come over and do a photo-shoot for us. Knowing him for years now, I knew he would not say no to me. In spite of having a busy Saturday which he had well spent sleeping , he agreed and was kind enough to even carry his tripod to get some better shots.

The venue for meeting was outside Metro at Borivali east WEH. I start from my home dot on time to reach the location, 11:05 hrs and I see Varun already at the venue; Swapnil joined us in 5 mins with his family in the car. He quickly went over and dropped his family home and then three I-Vtec’s set course to the destination.

Photo-shoot location: Dahisar Link road East West Flyover
Photo-Shoot time: 11:45 hrs to 00:40 hrs
Photo Credits: Balaji Iyer, thanks mate, the photos have come awesome.
Car positioning Credits: Swapnil (even though he was in zombie mood, he got them perfect)

PS Abhishek did join us later, but sans his City, he had bought the New face lifted Innova. Which unanimously the group present there agreed looks like a frog from front

Attaching the photos of the beauties. Hope you enjoy them.
Attached Thumbnails
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa029.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa030.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa031.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa032.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa034.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa035.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa037.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa044.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa046.jpg  

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img20131006wa028.jpg  

Old 7th October 2013, 19:16   #652
BHPian

Arre sorry about the kalti.com guys, but I'm glad atleast i could make a guest appearance. next time we do it better for sure. Even took Sawnils City for a spin to check his projectors. Brilliant illumination.
Old 7th October 2013, 19:54   #653
BHPian

thanks for the photos, but i guess we had more pics clicked...
Old 10th October 2013, 23:36   #654
BHPian

After two succesfull Zombie Drives, we plan to have Zombie Drive V3.0 this saturday

These members have confirmed their attendance:
1) amansanc
2) engrohit
3) vvb8530
4) esma1981
5) mango_pal
6) balenopower
7) bertiewoosert
8) superbee

These are the tentative members who might attend the meet:
1) adishenoy + 2 bhpians (tentative)

The plan is as follows:
1) Meet at our usual spot (Hiranandani school foundation building) by 10:00 p.m.
2) Leave from there by 11:30 p.m.
3) Drive on the route(to be decided) with our selected stoppages(to be decided).
4) Get free by 2:30 or 3:00 a.m. and disperse.

The route is yet to be decided and will be put up on the thread by tomorrow. You are welcome to suggest some suitable route (along with regrouping points).
Also, anyone and everyone can join in. No need to ask
Please update the list with your name in case you are joining and mention your status in bracket. Also mention if someone is joining you.
For any queries, feel free to PM me or put it up on the thread.

Regards.
Old 11th October 2013, 07:55   #655
BHPian

I request to postpone this one to next weekend as this weekend is dasera
A lot of people might have to miss out if done this weekend
So let's do it next weekend so that most of us can join
It's a sincere request
Old 12th October 2013, 22:09   #656
BHPian

Since everyone seems to be busy today + plus there are a lot of traffic issues tonight, we have decided to postponed the Zombie Drive to next Saturday(tentative). Everyone will be notified well in advance about the drive so that you can plan accordingly
Old 13th October 2013, 09:56   #657
BHPian

I guess we all are meeting this Friday night.

So we can finalise the drive on that day.
Till then we can post the options here
Old 18th October 2013, 12:49   #658

Hello Everyone. I am a Newbie here and am following this thread for a while. Just wanted to know if there is a meet today and if can join on my Bike around 7:30?
Old 18th October 2013, 14:59   #659
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsundep View Post
Hello Everyone. I am a Newbie here and am following this thread for a while. Just wanted to know if there is a meet today and if can join on my Bike around 7:30?
With the Autocar Performance Show going on Mumbai, there is a confusion around whether to meet in Powai or in BKC, today or tomorrow.

So for all practical purposes, today's Powai meet stands cancelled. A few folks are going to meet at Autocar Performance Show (APS) today and have a mini-meet..but there is no firm timing yet.

You are most welcome to drop in at the next meeting or drive.
Old 18th October 2013, 15:16   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
With the Autocar Performance Show going on Mumbai, there is a confusion around whether to meet in Powai or in BKC, today or tomorrow.

So for all practical purposes, today's Powai meet stands cancelled. A few folks are going to meet at Autocar Performance Show (APS) today and have a mini-meet..but there is no firm timing yet.

You are most welcome to drop in at the next meeting or drive.
Thanks SDP. I shall keep following the thread for the next meet and surely try and make it.

PS: Your contribution in this forum is commendable. Appreciate your efforts and am totally inspired by your spirit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks