View Poll Results: When to meet, 7th or 8th oct evening
7 Oct 2006 10 47.62%
8 Oct 2006 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2006, 03:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dilli Aktooberfest! (DELHI MEET)

Guys!!! Its high time we got together again... How about another MEGA meet in October...

iraghava, our coordinator, can we please have your inputs... Guys... What is our theme, venue, date etc... please pour in the suggestions.

May I suggest the usual holy trinity... Booze, BBQ and Cars. But add to that the Diwali season tradition of 'patte shatte' and I think you have a theme...
Old 20th September 2006, 04:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm... Good idea Gunbir I think Dilliwallahs could do with an Aktooberfest!! Now first we need to decide a new Chief Guest for this time's meet, maybe we can get SpeedZak if he's around in delhi again or maybe someone else. How about Elf??? Let me try & convince him to come down to Delhi, we can also show him some of our "DESI" convertibles running around including the original culprit the damn Zen Classic

Secondly I plan to have some pictures of a possible venue and new format up soon maybe in a couple of days so we can look at that. Till then let people pore in their ideas about this meet & also venue options.

The Patte Shatte theme is well & good but who will give us the space to seat 30-40 guys to seat down everyone till late for the same? Patte's are no good if you can't get drunk & play And yes if we can get a good venue let's have some nice Alcohol with BBQ on the side!!

But first let the Dilliwallahs creative juices flow & let the suggestion pore in. Guys please suggest some good/crazy/sad/whacky or plain bullsh1t plans that you might have in the rat infested sh1t holes that you call your minds and we shall pick the best one!! And wait the man whose plan also gets a special "GIFT" from myside at the meet! Please don't get your expectations too high though.

Rest all suggestions can be posted here or PM'ed to me & we'll open a poll once we have enough good suggestions. Please don't expect the meet to be held this weekend though, we need time to plan this stuff and nothing can be done before next weekend.

Rest let the madness begin!!!
Old 20th September 2006, 12:26   #3
elf
BANNED

No, no! Phully paid Gesht...

Oi! What is all this Cheap Guest bijness??!! Hum expensive gesht hain, bhaiyya. Hum be phull paise bharenge.

Besides which, methinks all you Dilli / Punjabi boys will melt my sensitive ears with your assorted ramblings & invectives on unnatural human / simian / bovine relationships.

Shall try to come (looks damn doubtful), but should be outta town during 5th to 8th of Actoobar, introducing my lower arms, wheel bearings & tyres to the potholes of Maharashtra.

Last edited by elf : 20th September 2006 at 12:27.
Old 20th September 2006, 12:40   #4
BHPian

we have some official holiday coming up in month of actoober thats 2nd which is monday so we can easily plan on sunday late eve as well,
so that moday we sh** late!
Cheers and m all in
keep rolling
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 20th September 2006, 12:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude
we have some official holiday coming up in month of actoober thats 2nd which is monday so we can easily plan on sunday late eve as well,
so that moday we sh** late!
Cheers and m all in
keep rolling
Wadhwa Ajay
I totally agree......1st october is a good day for a meAt......

The last time BBQ and the drinks (which I did not have) was a good Idea....would love to reapeat that again also we need place we can mae some shoor so that I can make some LOW_BASS..........
Old 20th September 2006, 13:00   #6
BANNED

Hey, dilliwale toh bharpoor paagal bunch hai!
Mega meet at the time of Gandhi jayanti? Then we all should meet at indiagate or rajghat. Forget all booze,wooze,BBQ etc.. Rather we should get together, LBM should give an inspiring speech, iraghava shower flowers, gunbir sing raghupati raghav.. And all hug each other. What say?
And me as a cheap guest? You'll regret. See the above words for proof.
Old 20th September 2006, 13:07   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
gunbir sing raghupati raghav.
Old 20th September 2006, 13:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Hey, dilliwale toh bharpoor paagal bunch hai!
Mega meet at the time of Gandhi jayanti? Then we all should meet at indiagate or rajghat. Forget all booze,wooze,BBQ etc.. Rather we should get together, LBM should give an inspiring speech, iraghava shower flowers, gunbir sing raghupati raghav.. And all hug each other. What say?
And me as a cheap guest? You'll regret. See the above words for proof.
SZ - It's obvious that you are not aware of today's Delhi! If we turn up in our usual numbers at either India Gate/Raj Ghat/Raj Path etc. and start making some shore & speeches the Delhi Thullas will be up our A$$es before you can spell Low_Bass

And seriously you planning to come to Delhi in October? Believe me it'll be completely worth it!! I'll make sure of that. It'll be lots of nasty/funny jokes, we'll greatly expand your vocabulary & you will get to taste some of the finest food of India. Not to mention a choice of Alcohol is also their (Damn I sound like a marketing manager for a resort)

Do come if you can!
Old 20th September 2006, 13:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

hahahaha.....good beginning.....I am IN, whatever place.....Rajghat to farm house to gali ke nukkad wala khalsa chicken corner. waise bhi 4 peg jaane ke baad to jan gan man gawaa lo bhaiya.
IMHO, what could be a better way to celebrate gandhi jayanti....Bapu ke naam ke bhi 2 aan do!!
Old 20th September 2006, 13:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
what could be a better way to celebrate gandhi jayanti....Bapu ke naam ke bhi 2 aan do!!

Panky tu nahi sudhrega!! Anyways can one of the mods please add the words NEW MEET to the thread so more people can see it.
Old 20th September 2006, 13:35   #11
elf
BANNED

You boys got "Rang De Basanti" on your mind, which is the fundamental difference between us Bombay boys & Dilli-wallahs... We think of "Lola Does Vegas" during our meets!
Old 20th September 2006, 13:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
We think of "Lola Does Vegas" during our meets!
Actually it's Debbie Does Dallas
Old 20th September 2006, 13:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Actually it's Debbie Does Dallas
Greek or Latin???? Hindi bolo bhaiya!!
Old 20th September 2006, 13:46   #14
Team-BHP Support

btw, i'm going to be in delhi for a few hours on the 8th i think. could possibly stay back for another day, i.e. till the 9th if there are any plans.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 20th September 2006 at 13:52.
Old 20th September 2006, 14:09   #15
BHPian

Im in Bangalore today, heading back to dilli by tonight's Air Deccan BYO dinner flight. (they'll soon have BYO seatbelt and life jacket flights)

Count me in this time - I'm not going to be lazy about it - BRING IT ON !

zaphod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks