Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 15:21   #6256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Backfire you heard is probably me using the Quickshifter - gives a nice small boom as ECU misfires for a cycle to let you change the gear without rolling off the throttle
Walkers in cubbon park thought a bomb got set off
Old 8th April 2019, 19:58   #6257
BHPian

Quote:
I actually think its alright below 5k rpms ... just how a proper Ducati should sound. Beyond 5k rpm though - it's properly loud. And this is with the db-killer.

I dont use the bike in the city - so touchwood no issues with the cops so far. Plus clutch is your best friend when you see a cop. I put the Termi FS which comes with a Ducati factory remap key for the ECU - so no need to put a fuel controller like PCV. Backfire you heard is probably me using the Quickshifter - gives a nice small boom as ECU misfires for a cycle to let you change the gear without rolling off the throttle
Did you experience same backfire with stock exhaust? I am facing this with stock exhaust particularly during down shift.

I find the sound with stock exhaust itself pretty loud, would love to hear with termignoni. Did you go for full system or slip on's?
Old 8th April 2019, 20:12   #6258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Walkers in cubbon park thought a bomb got set off
I have heard my own bike being ridden by a friend - it does indeed come as quite a shock when it passes by you

I didnt know you were there in the meetup - missed getting introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Did you experience same backfire with stock exhaust? I am facing this with stock exhaust particularly during down shift.

I find the sound with stock exhaust itself pretty loud, would love to hear with termignoni. Did you go for full system or slip on's?
Yes - you will have some backfire when downshifting or rolling off the throttle - even with stock exhaust. Nothing to worry - infact i quite like that popping sound. I went with termi full system - just slipon does not change the sound as our bikes have a big catcon sitting before the exhaust.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 20:16   #6259
BHPian

Missed the meet. I was all geared to come till a freak accident happened at home on Saturday night, where the modular kitchen wall unit came off the wall and fell on my head. Now recovering and better.
Old 8th April 2019, 20:23   #6260
BHPian

Quote:

Yes - you will have some backfire when downshifting or rolling off the throttle - even with stock exhaust. Nothing to worry - infact i quite like that popping sound. I went with termi full system - just slipon does not change the sound as our bikes have a big catcon sitting before the exhaust.
Thanks for the quick reply. I was really looking forward to raise this issue with ducati service team. Now that settles it.
Old 8th April 2019, 21:47   #6261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have heard my own bike being ridden by a friend - it does indeed come as quite a shock when it passes by you

I didnt know you were there in the meetup - missed getting introduced.
Haha... That my friend will remain a mystery. Lets just say i was right there and observed all the proceedings as they went by and happened including the myriad group selfies that got taken in front of the gate
Old 9th April 2019, 05:30   #6262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Missed the meet. I was all geared to come till a freak accident happened at home on Saturday night, where the modular kitchen wall unit came off the wall and fell on my head. Now recovering and better.
Hope you weren't hurt much. Wish you a speedy recovery.
There will always be another meet you can attend.
Old 13th April 2019, 20:58   #6263
Senior - BHPian

I’m disappointed with myself

I’ll follow this thread closely next time. Want to be part of TBHP meet. I’ll tag along with my white steed Brezza next time. Any approx date you guys have? I’ve been wanting to take part. Pls let me know.

Thanks

Guru
Old 21st April 2019, 15:13   #6264
BHPian

We can plan a Weekend Lunch/Brunch out of town, with a small drive (say half day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
...I’ll follow this thread closely next time. Want to be part of TBHP meet. I’ll tag along with my white steed Brezza next time. Any approx date you guys have? I’ve been wanting to take part. Pls let me know. ...

Last edited by khan_sultan : 23rd April 2019 at 13:52. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 21st April 2019, 19:57   #6265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
We can plan a Weekend Lunch/Brunch out of town, with a small drive (say half day).
I’m game for it! Will be waiting to hear back from our guys here. My friend is interested in tagging along as well.
Old 23rd April 2019, 13:21   #6266
BHPian

Great to see pics of the meet up. I will follow this thread from now and hopefully will attend the next meet up.
Old 23rd April 2019, 14:07   #6267
BHPian

I've never been in a teambhp meet-up but good to see some familiar faces in the photos. I could recognize Santosh saar, Sudeep and Mihir

Next time I am coming for the meet!
Old 23rd April 2019, 15:37   #6268
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
the modular kitchen wall unit came off the wall and fell on my head.
OMG, wishing speedy recovery.

Can you please share, how it happened?
It'll help others who do modular or avoid kids doing the same.
Old 25th April 2019, 15:41   #6269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemicuda View Post
Great to see pics of the meet up. I will follow this thread from now and hopefully will attend the next meet up.

This thread is specific to Bangalore BHPIans meetup. Your profile says that you are from Mumbai, if so then you need to search the similiar thread of Mumbai meets.

Guys,

What about a Lunch/Brunch on Wed, 1st May? As it is a mandatory holiday in Bangalore and falling in mid of the week, I am sure most of us would not be having any plan for this in advance. If so, lets catch up, anyone with experience of arranging such meets in past, can take the lead please.

Last edited by nkumarblr : 25th April 2019 at 15:49.
Old 26th April 2019, 10:36   #6270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
This thread is specific to Bangalore BHPIans meetup. Your profile says that you are from Mumbai,
Actually I have moved to Bangalore a year ago. But updated now and following this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks