Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2007, 14:11   #1
BHPian

Guys....!! Juz back from Silent Valley!!

First batch left from the MEET venue reached back Kochi safely!!
3 SUV's, 4 cars and 18 guys!!! A farm house in middle of the forest, full night-live-camp fire and barbeque charged with warm smell of a huge animal's dungs!!!
Yes... We all had a woderfull time riding our cars and exploring the forests thru-out the last 24 hrs!!
Stay tuned and watchout this thread for mindblowing picture tuned reports of MONSOON MAYHEM!!!

Zak, quick silver, harrie, charan..... hats off to you guys.... for the wonderfull efforts and neat execution!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 10th June 2007 at 14:28.
Old 10th June 2007, 14:22   #2
BHPian

i really wanted to come but my leg is in real bad condition so couldn't come really wish i could.
Old 10th June 2007, 19:04   #3
BHPian

Good to hear that you guys had a blast. How about a detailed review ? I know that you guys must be tired n stuff, but .. come on, let us in on it too.

Rgds
Old 10th June 2007, 19:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so somebody's posted. Thanks, Nikki.

I got back with nikkibike & mansidea in the afternoon (2.30ish). Dropped them off at their places and got back home just in time for that family function that prevented me from staying back today. Took a short nap after (didn't sleep yesterday night, except for about an hour's peaceful rest in my car) so the nap felt great. Am going for Nap 2 in a few minutes.

Loads and loads of thanks and RESPEKT (a-la Ali G) to Zak, Quicksilver, Harrie and Charan for making a great meet possible. We had Tshirts, a Monsoon Madness mix-cd, and a great, great venue, thanks only to you guys. You guys rock! Oops, I forgot to mention the the great BBQ chicken the Coimby guys organized (the memory of the aroma is getting me hungry again, mmmmmmm...).

I have a few $hitty pics off my mobile cam that don't do any justice to the event. But I'll post a few as teasers. Guys, puhleeeeeeeze put up them pics pronto. Our official photogs were Condor, Mansidea, JKDas, with losts of points and shoots from Speedzak, Steeroid, KB100 and others. The pcs would rund to at least 7-8 pages of this thread. And I'd love to see all those pics, please.

Mini report coming up in the next post.
Old 10th June 2007, 19:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

My version.

I was lucky to have the surprise family function (that was preventing me from leaving early Saturday) put off to Sunday afternoon. YAY!

So I woke up at 5.30AM on saturday (a big thing, that) and got to Zak's place at 6.30AM. Surprise, surprise, Zak was loading his Qualis and ready to rumblllllle! We left together and picked up AHA!. Zak filled his tank (the Qualis one, not the bottomless pit that is his stomach) up (I'd filled up the previous evening) and picked up Nash. We met again at Hotel Highway Garden and picked up Mansidea. Off to Nikki's place andloaded up Nikki and a whole lot of his jungle survival gear (pillows, blankets, windcheater and god-knows-what-else-but-it-filled-up-my-back-seat). Off we went to Coimby.

We had breakfast on the way.

Having breakfast

Hydra's Hatch and Zak's Qualis (Breakfast Point).

Off we went after breakfast and reached Cafe Coffee Day (Coimby).
Hydra's Hatch and Zak's Qualis (Breakfast Point).

We had snacks and stuff. Soon Quicksilver joined us. Next, Steeroid and KB100 joined us. We proceeded to create enough ruckus for the people in the adjoining tables to leave/get inside the A/C section of the Coffee Shop No pics, sorry. One highlight was Steeroid's uber-small lighter-phone with all the bells and whistles you'd expected in a full-size phone 5 times its price.

Charan joined us in his LHD W123. We heard him first before we saw him. We also spotted a pristine Plymouth (?) parked in the compound across the CCD.

We then split up, so the spirited folks could stock up on liquid entertainment. The rest of us went to Nilgiris and stocked up on eats and various stuff. It looked like we were buying half the supermarket. Two cartons of the stuff (other than the misc. stuff) had to be carried to Zaks' Qualis. Charan was particularly insistent that we buy lots and lots of orange juice as he was mostly a teetotaler (Ha! More on this later).

Continued...

Last edited by hydrashok : 10th June 2007 at 19:41.
Old 10th June 2007, 19:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Has our Jyoti Krishna Das reached there yet......

I had a Uni exam on Saturday afternoon (bloody exams) otherwise would've tagged along with Condor bhai.... Unlucky for me couldn't make it to any of the all Kerala meets yet...
Old 10th June 2007, 19:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Continued from Post #162...

We then assembled back in CCD and immediately exhausted their entire stock of chicken rolls, puffs and panini. We waited for the Bangy boys for a while, and then left to pick up the mattresses.

Steeroid and Zak loaded up the entire 2nd row and boot of the Safari and the Qualis with the mattresses. We did some load balancing of bodies between the cars. Charan's friend Mohit joined us in his white Accord. We got the corner Clothes-Iron wallah to get us some coal (for the BBQ).

Mansidea and Nikki making sure that the sack of coal was tied up securely:

We uh, realized later in the day that we left the sack of coal where it was, and forgot to put it in one of the cars (heh, heh).

And off we left for the hills.

Steeroid's Safari kicking up the dus, once we entered the dirt-track leading to the stream we had to cross to get to the estate.

Steeroid waiting to cross the stream.

Mohit has crossed the stream. KB100 is in between. Steeroid is right behind.

You can see Mansidea on the other side of the stream snapping away like mad.

Waiting for our turn to cross. Hydra's Palio, Zak's Qualis & Quicksilver's squeaky-clean OHC.

Continued...
Old 10th June 2007, 20:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

I can imagine the fun .. two more years and ill be joining you guys with my own car ..
Old 10th June 2007, 20:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Continued from Post #164...

The farmhouse is right after the stream and the gate and with the electrified fence (to keep the Elephants away).

The Farmhouse. Mansidea on the prown looking for something to shoot. Nikki, Charan (in the door), Zak & KB100 in the background.

We dropped the mattresses and unloaded the "supplies". The Bangy boys and Harrie arrived immediately after, in Condor's Sumo. We decided to leave for another spot farther up the stream where the Bar could be opened.

We left in the Qualis, the Safari & the Sumo (really bad trail) for the Spot. We made it as far as the SUVs could go, and got out. Harrie distributed the Tshirts. Lots of nice and funny snaps from the others are needed desperately here

We then continued on foot for a short distance and jumped a couple of fences (not electrified yet), and reached the stream. The liquid supplies were dropped in the water for some natural chilling. The "Hard Rock" Bar was setup soon with Steeroid doing the bartending.

Da Bar, and Da Bartender.

(That's Mansidea snapping away behind Steeroid, KB100 looking on, and Charan sitting next to Steeroid. Zak is cllimbing up, next to Charan.)

Continued...

Last edited by hydrashok : 10th June 2007 at 20:12.
Old 10th June 2007, 20:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Continued from Post #166...

Tadu!

McLaren and v1p3r. vip3r is obviously happy and enjoying himself. He enjoyed himself a LOT, well into the night. He had a real gala time.

v1p3r holding up a prized possession, standing at the "warehouse". You can see the bottles of beer being chilled in the water down there.

Now, a lot of pics were taken here. A lot of stories (and lies) were told here. A few people got seriously drunk here. An Accord is probably on its way to see a lot of mods as a result of exposure to the disease that is vip3r

Steeroid, Tadu and KB100 left to get firewood for the BBQ. They returned a lot after with a truckload of beef curry and kerala parathas (and of course, firewood).

After everybody having a lot of fun at the stream, we all managed to get back to the Farmhouse in the pitch dark.

The stage was set to the BBQ.

Continued...
Old 10th June 2007, 20:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Continued from Post #167...

We started a fire for the BBQ soon after Steeroid and gang arrived with the firewood and skewers. The bucket of Chicken (already marinated and ready for the fire) was taken out. Some uh, sticks were prepared so we could get the chicken onto the fire without anybody getting burnt (nobody got burnt, even after we spent all night right next to the fire).

(Yum!)

(Double Yum!)

The chicken sure was something!

Zak's Qualis had gone to get something-I-forget. Till the Qualis came back, Hydra's Palio's doors and boot were opened and the ICE was cranked-up (not too loud, 'cause Hydra's an *** and he babys his ICE too much).

As soon as Zak's Qualis came back, the Monsoon Mayhem really began! The ICE was a-blasting and the chicken was a-roasting. Zak's Monsoon Mayhem Mix CD (Zak will elaborate soon) started playing. Bar2 was opened. The ICEd cars were checked out individually. We entered celebration mode.

v1p3r and Charan were deep in thought about their future lives and had to miss most of this.

Halfway into the night, the smell of elephant was in the air. The dogs (at the farmhouse) started going @pe$h1t and ran off. We almost got freaked and all cars were started and turned around, so the headlights were focused all around the farmhouse. Just in case. Charan took a break from his deep contemplations and on checking with the caretaker found that the electric fences were not on. They both took it seriously enough to freak some of us out. They left immediately and turned the electric fences on. All raw meat was moved inside the house in case the smell was attracting something more carnivorous.

All through the night, we kept getting the elephant-smell intermittently and the cars kept being started and the lights turned on.

The BBQ kept on in between, (to hell with all carnivorous animals) and soon we were all around the fire talking engine-vengine and other stuff. Parts KB100's anatomy were among topics of hot discussion.

Continued...

Last edited by hydrashok : 10th June 2007 at 21:04.
Old 10th June 2007, 20:51   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just got back home from one of the most wonderful meets I have ever attended. Thanks charan, harrrie, zakko for organizing it. Tadu thanks a ton for the ride and stuff. Guys thanks a ton for bringing a smile to my face in such difficult times. Will put up a report real soon from bangy boys end. And about a certain drunkard known as v1p3r and his ordeals with other sane men.
Old 10th June 2007, 20:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Parts KB100's anatomy were among topics of hot discussion

LMAO

But seriouly, thats an awesome report Hydrashok, please keep going. Really nice description and pics.
PS : The elephant part was quite scary.
Old 10th June 2007, 21:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

Continued from Post #168...

At about 3.00AM we decided it was time to take some rest, as we had to start on a morning drive at 4.00AM. The mattresses were spread and we all started to get our "rest", when the bugs began to attack in hordes. Result: we decided we had enough rest. Half the guys did manage to sleep on. After talking for a while, I got into my car for some shuteye (I had to drive back home the next morning).

At about 5.00AM I head stuff happening and woke up to see the Safari, Qualis & Sumo starting up. I directly jumped out of my car and into the Sumo. We all started on a morning drive around the mountains.

A "leak" stop. KB100 standing next to the Safari.

We drove around for about 2 hours, crossed the Kerala border [where KB100 scared a guard (?) into submission]. After a photoshoot, we turned back.

At the Kerala Border:

The Safari, at the point we turned back:

Guys milling about (Condor's Sumo on the RHS):

The Safari, at the TN border:

Having tea, at the Kerala border,on the way back.

Continued...
Old 10th June 2007, 21:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Continued from Post #171...

Tea.

The local flavour of Telephone Booth. A mobile, strung-up in the air, with a hands-free. Nikki making a call (NO reception anywhere else)

How the farmhouse looked when we got back.

Nash, AHA! & vip3r were up by the time we got back. Condor took what is probably the only snap of the entire gang. Nikki, Mansidea and I were off back home immediately after.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks