Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 16:06   #136
Senior - BHPian

1) There are 125 pix
2) Three Videos ( one taken using my P910i and hence of bad quality but a MUST watch/hear)
3)Will try to add story for pix

so here we go.

I joined Condor and V1p3r from Salem in Condor Sumo Victa... most of us wowed when we saw the Sumo, excellent maintenance by Condor. Started from Salem by 10am and reached Kovai after we picked Harrie ( thanks to him for the Monsoon Mayhem T-shirts). Thandu and MCL were following us in Thadus car.

1)v1p3r took Sumo to 100kmph plus even in 3rd gear. I should say that I was surprised by the built quality, noise insulation and braking of the Sumo. Yes, I did curse v1p3r 2-3 times under breath for doing stunts on our way downhill were we had some nasty bends ( and he was happy …yeee that’s a drift!)

2)saw this at Kovai.

3)]What a match, says v1p3r.

4)Harrie trying to find some charcoal for the barbeque

5)My driver and navigator taking pix on the way! Scary!

6)Stop for a tea

7)Thadu has to let us go as the road is better suited for SUV and sort

8)Some pix after we met the rest of the gang. Harrie’s bro carrying our beer.

9)Steer met KB 3 months back and hence when they met after his come back from Dxb!

10)MCL! Have it? Flaunt it! (oops, missed a t there!)

11)Time to cross the fences. The first is easy one but the second is electrified by late eve! Sacred me initially as I am still a bachelor

12)[ook at KB’s face. KB thinks “vellam here” and “water here!” Steer now start mixing.

13)da silent valley club

Last edited by jkdas : 14th June 2007 at 16:14.
Old 14th June 2007, 16:29   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

There were some good visitors from the outdoors too.
Zak, good timing. great pic. who & which part is this?
Old 14th June 2007, 16:38   #138
Senior - BHPian

14) the cooler

15) during the tea drinking session , KB thinks "cant he make it faster?"

Old 14th June 2007, 16:38   #139
BHPian

keep going JK. nice pics too.
Old 14th June 2007, 16:53   #140
Senior - BHPian

16) more pix

17) c3p0 fun starts here. Audience for c3p0 and Charan! C3p0 stunned at the list if tamil techy words charan call him! And in the end, its leaks! Shame on you blueboy!

18) With and without flash!

19) Codor running away from Zakkie's non-alcoholic white wine and later guarding it!

Old 14th June 2007, 17:08   #141
Senior - BHPian

20) What happens when you mix vodka, rum, scotch ? 1) You try to sleep! 2) We try not to let you sleep and keep you cool headed! 3) scr3w you! 4) same to you :P 5) let me help you ease off 6) water boy! 7) ehem! That's a Bacardi effect.! JK stop taking pix!

21) Some pix for jeevansaathi.com etc

Old 14th June 2007, 17:19   #142
BHPian

A picture perfect location, shutter crazy members, hot rides... what else can we expect here? Beautiful pics guys. I liked the one with the reflection of the sunrise on the Safari. It's a majestic car for the pics. Zak made much out of the early morning ride too, I see.

sorry I had been caught up at work for the past few days and was not able to register my presence here. I needed to thank everyone who made it to the meet and made it a very enjoyable one.

Zak, special thanks to you for organizing everything smoothly.... everything went as per plan, if not better. Looking back, I am amazed at how much was done in that short time. Harrie, many thanks for those wonderful T-shirts. I appologise for the confusion for the print being done on the backside.... my appologies for the guys who got bitten by the bed bugs too.

As usual, I got a chance to meet some very interesting members for the first time:

Condor (your Sumo was quite a surprise, with that nice ICE... no complexities, just a simple setup that sounds so nice.),

MansIdea (I had to meet you to know how to pronounce your ID... he he... great pics pal.)

Mohit... can't believe what you did to the Accord. Now I can only imagine what you'd do with the Perf. mods. Too bad we did not get to see the Getz.

Charan & Sanjay... not exactly the first time we are meeting but it was very nice having you guys with us.

And of course, it was very nice to meet the other oldtimers... (in no particular order) Hydra, Nikki, Rahul, Tadu, Steer, KB, Nash, Aha, JK (sorry I forgot to wish you afterall...), Akshay.

Charan deserves a special thanks again, for being a wonderful host.

Thanks everyone, it was a well needed break for me and a very enjoyable one at that. So, when is the next meet???
Old 14th June 2007, 17:32   #143
Senior - BHPian

22) Time to head to the camp for barbeque and fun. The gang waiting for blueboy's arrival and then he comes and hails us!

23) Steer,kb and thadu arrives with food and firewood and mcl helps them unload it from the dicor. The barbeque!

24) The king ( blueboy hold record for sitting in the throne for 2.30hrs!) with Charan. Guys, looks at Charan's face carefully! The scene before Steer ran off for a bath! Zakkie distributing the CDs. Lovely pix! Now you know why I asked you guys to watch charan's face! Look where Blueboys's leg is!

25) The drive to Ooty! Check the refection on top the Safari!

quicksilver! when's the next meet? This saturday at Tvm! lol!

Last edited by jkdas : 14th June 2007 at 17:37.
Old 14th June 2007, 18:16   #144
Senior - BHPian

Woah... 10 pages of Awesome pictures and Fun times..
Sorry had to miss it.. Missing a Black Dicor in all the snaps :(

MCL.. I want to know all that akshay did.. Please..When we meeting up??

Godfather
Old 14th June 2007, 18:46   #145
Senior - BHPian

Sumit, come to Sutra tonight and I'll tell you myself. If you have enough money, I can give you an action replay!

JK, seriously man, how about thumbnails next time? I have over 50 pics that aren't showing, and this is the 6th time I'm refreshing this page.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:58   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
and this is the 6th time I'm refreshing this page.
What sort of connection are you on? I UPLOADED all of them using a crappy Reliance Data Card - I shouldnt say crappy because the AirTel was really really bad.
Old 14th June 2007, 21:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

Great snaps, JK!

Now is this the meet thread with the maximum number or snaps or what? And Condor hasn't even posted his snaps yet. Judging by his equipment and the quiet way he went about his business, I have a feeling the best snaps are being saved for the last.
Old 15th June 2007, 01:35   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
What sort of connection are you on? I UPLOADED all of them using a crappy Reliance Data Card - I shouldnt say crappy because the AirTel was really really bad.
I'm on Airtel.
Old 15th June 2007, 21:39   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
And Condor hasn't even posted his snaps yet. Judging by his equipment and the quiet way he went about his business, I have a feeling the best snaps are being saved for the last.
Guys, will have to disappoint you on these. I'm no where close to Rudra, and all of you have posted some lovely snaps already. I will not be able to add much to that, but will post some pics which have not been covered yet. Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK
... most of us wowed when we saw the Sumo, excellent maintenance by Condor.
Thanks, JK. I know I baby the truck. Cant help it.
Old 16th June 2007, 00:39   #150
BANNED

Some more pics! Shall I say?

Ok, The bandwidth is really running low to load all these huge pictures in a go!
Hey, 2mbps lines are out and available. Get one of those and enjoy.

I did have a nice time enjoying the drive and the meet.

Drive thru Silent Valley is something to be seen and experienced to believe.

We had to stop frequently to let those beautiful scenery reach here.

There were huge rocks and hills all the way.

This was one cute chameleon we got to see at Steeroid's home.
Yes, we did stop at his home to catch some mangoes. And how tasty they were! Thanks Steer.

Last edited by ported_head : 17th June 2007 at 23:39. Reason: On request

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks