Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 22:39   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
v1p3r, C'mon, dont tell me Steer taught you about the time it takes to move the gear lever. That lever needs a second or two more than a regular stick, and I am not even talking of a short shift stick. And Dont tell me Steer taught you how to release the clutch. You know you are guilty of that too.
I have NOTHING to do with the way he drives. He drives for mileage, and he strains the engine at low revs. He goes about bragging how he is able to drive at lower and lower revs not realizing how much of a strain that is on the engine.

The only agreeable part of his driving are

1. Launches when they matter.

2. When he chases sardars driving DL regn cars crazily thru traffic.
Old 13th June 2007, 22:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
He goes about bragging how he is able to drive at lower and lower revs not realizing how much of a strain that is on the engine.
I don't brag. I know enough about engines and ECUs to know that they 'learn', within limits. Which is why I owned a Santro for 80,000 kms and managed to get 16kmpl from it every day, with the aircon on. Which is why I get almost 16 kmpl from my Baleno. And those who are in the know, will vouch for the fact that my Baleno is as quick as they come, stock.
Old 13th June 2007, 23:54   #123
Senior - BHPian

Just got a message from Zak asking if he could put up some more stuff. Stay tuned, the rest of my adventures are coming up!
Old 14th June 2007, 00:24   #124
BANNED

Here I am, after a cool break!

Pics, That was something lovely I carried home with more beautiful ones in my memory.
Yes, I like doing this. And let me continue.

By then it was getting dark. And almost everybody moved towards the cars which were parked some distance away.

And our MAN!
The tale of getting him to cross the river, electric fences and reaching near the car is a whole experience which is exclusive to some guys!

We made C3PO (Hope you're not forgetting the pronouncation) rest a while in front of the car and made him drink a lot of water including some fresh water straight out of the river!
We had to tie a big polythene bag around his neck in case he throws up his belly. Our man was so much in love with that piece of plastic that he chose to wear it over his head!

We reached the farm house after a good half an hour late than everybody else.

By then, Fire was up and we could see KB warming up himself before the real barbecue!

It was a beautiful one! Hot too!

And soon, it was enough of hot coal around where we could burn our marinated chicken pieces!

We had some good lighting around. Thanks to electricity and Anaiketti town being just a kilometer away or so. Yeah, contrary to what you may feel after reading this thread, civilization (including Fuel pumps, Restaurants, Police station and a Cinema theatre!) was just in a walkable distance.

Hydra's hatch was turned around and angled so that some music would add up to the spice!

And I was happy to pop open the non-alcoholic version of White grape juice. Yes, I drink Juice and a whole lot of it.

The Qualis joined the music too.

Last edited by speedzak : 14th June 2007 at 00:25.
Old 14th June 2007, 00:29   #125
BANNED

Pic of the day! (Ok, Night)

Pic of the day!

2 souls thinking deep and hard of how they want to put up more piston rings into their rides!
Some guys only speak foreign language when they get drunk. And that too, with some awessome
collection of Unheard Vocabulary!

Last edited by speedzak : 14th June 2007 at 00:30.
Old 14th June 2007, 06:33   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Some guys only speak foreign language when they get drunk. And that too, with some awessome collection of Unheard vocabulary!
Oh yeah - I quite forgot to mention how c3po speaks only in broken Malayalam and spouts Telugu profanities when he is drunk. He forgets English, Hindi and Kannada.

Gestures are restricted to those involving the middle finger, of course - as you can see in the special report.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:36   #127
BANNED

Here comes more!

When is this going to end?

Some guys even set up the Tripods etc.. to have some good snaps.

The fire kept on going till very late and some guys remained very close to the bar always! But are you above the legal age?

And then they went off and slept into glory in a Qualis which was playing loud music!
Deaf! Shall we assume?

Fire was beautiful. I loved it!

So, spend more time keeping it alive! While a whole lot of chicken got cooked. It was a genuine way of barbecue!

After some more time into the night, the Elephant scare happened.

Headlights on and waiting! All were on their toes!

Oops! Did I just say ALL??

Everybody were anxious and excited. Just look at our faces!
Old 14th June 2007, 13:46   #128
BANNED

And some more!

It was bedtime when the Elephant scare didn't materialize into a sighting.

They remained together! A perfect end to a love story. Is it?

"Oh are you feeling it baby?" Yes, More closer. More"

By then Mclaren was jealous of all this and pulled the cover off!

KB ka dB was up and running by then. Man, It was louder than his car's ICE and it produced a lot of low end Bass! Low BASS maker in all sense.

The gang hits their beds with Tadu enjoying the lighting and fan controls under his control. (Check the time closely).

Within no time, they attacked in grooves. Bugs! (Check the time again and see how long sleep it was). And then we had to call the night over!

There were some good visitors from the outdoors too.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:56   #129
BANNED

Some pics from the morning drive.

The night sleep was not a possibility and soon we were out for a drive. All the 3 UVs were again filled up and we set off!

We got to see some good views of the morning sky. A very rare thing in my life.

Another one!

One more!

And at last!

We drove up to this point and decided to head back after we take some good snaps!

While some decided to irrigate the plantations!

Tyre fetish!

Tea stop! STD booth was utilised by Nikkibike.

And that too, in style.

Even the Police station has some similar arrangements.

The whole area around is beautiful.

The roads are well tarred and offers some good drive!
Old 14th June 2007, 14:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

More pics, more, more, more and then even more!

KB100 sure slept through everything! But then I guess he was confident of scaring the elephants off, just in case they did decide to pay a visit!

Those "bug" shots were real good! The timing part was deadly, with everybody scratching together

And, those are lovely shots of the morning sky!

JK, my man, wherefore art thou?
Old 14th June 2007, 14:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

Some pics by the Prince of Light a.k.a Jyothi Kumar (jkdas)

Sunrise on the Safari's Roof

Sunrise

Those that get drunk together, sleep together

Team BHP MEAT

Condor looks indulgently at v1p3r's antics

Reflections on Water

Mr. 50 Bucks, the TN Forest Guard who wants money to open the gate

Candy is Dandy, but Liquor is Quicker - so thinks Charan after a few

The Hard Rock Cafe - Panoramic View

The T Shirt

Dont Drink and Drive - Smoke and Fly! The man himself looking very Rastafarian

Zaks bottle of hooch - supposedly Non-Alcoholic

Condor doesnt like it

Now its a Proper Truck

Now it ISNT - thanks JK for the pic, but we should've closed the rear door

Old 14th June 2007, 14:39   #132
Senior - BHPian

Inside Silent Valley - the REAL Hard Rock Cafe. If only we had a meet on this one!

We werent the only wheels roaming there - there was this brand new CRV for company

Unlike the dry forest we stayed in - the Silent Valley is lush, dark green. And VERY VERY SILENT - so much so that the hush made us drive down on Neutral, engines idling just for the power steering. It was eerie - see the contrast between sunlight and the dark forest in this pic

This very musical bird gave us melodious company when we stopped for snaps - as you can see there isnt much photography you can do in these DARK environs. THIS is a forest!

Finally got a shot thru at a less dense part of the forest which wasnt so dark - this is about as light as it gets

Old 14th June 2007, 14:44   #133
Senior - BHPian

Warning - MORE pics to come. My camera is yet to be downloaded (STUPID SONY and their proprietory interfaces!!), and Condor is yet to develop his roll(s) of film.
Old 14th June 2007, 14:49   #134
Senior - BHPian

Yes, but can you post thumbnails or something? It takes me a full 5 minutes per page, you see.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:26   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Yes, but can you post thumbnails or something? It takes me a full 5 minutes per page, you see.
gimme another 5 min I am posting the resized version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks