Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 17:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
It will be a 3 hour drive from Dakshineshwar Bridge (if at all you are coming from that side), you never know when you are stuck there...I personally did Dakshineshwar Bridge - Siuri nonstop in 2.5
Abhi - next time around you should check out the new bridge parallel to Bally bridge.

Belghoria expressway from Jessore road. Takes you straight onto the new bridge and across to NH-2. Fantastic twisty expressway. BP, 1100D, shuvd, razor et al will surely love it.

My last trip to Asansol was via that bridge. Shaved off 20-30mins surely. Door to door, Lake Town to Asansol, 220odd kms, in 3 hours (Achieved the same time for both up and down journeys). Even though max speeds were around 120. Might have touched 130 briefly a few times. Mum was in the car while going
Old 28th August 2007, 17:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It will be a 3 hour drive from Dakshineshwar Bridge (if at all you are coming from that side), you never know when you are stuck there...I personally did Dakshineshwar Bridge - Siuri nonstop in 2.5 hours in my Alto when I took the car there...

It is fine if you people take the 2nd hoogly bridge and take the BP and then hit NH2 at Dankuni side..

Abhi
I have always taken the 2nd Hooghly bridge Dankuni route. My best timing on that route in my Baleno was in 2005 October - 2nd Hooghly bridge tollgate to Illambajar more in exactly 1 Hour 46 mins (174 Kms). That was insane driving and that was the day I hit the highest speed in my car.
Old 28th August 2007, 17:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I have always taken the 2nd Hooghly bridge Dankuni route. My best timing on that route in my Baleno was in 2005 October - 2nd Hooghly bridge tollgate to Illambajar more in exactly 1 Hour 46 mins (174 Kms). That was insane driving and that was the day I hit the highest speed in my car.
If you call it insane, then I'm sure it was quite something!!
Btw, why can't u take BP? She in for repairs or something?
Old 28th August 2007, 17:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Abhi - next time around you should check out the new bridge parallel to Bally bridge.

Belghoria expressway from Jessore road. Takes you straight onto the new bridge and across to NH-2. Fantastic twisty expressway. BP, 1100D, shuvd, razor et al will surely love it.
Thats great !! I thought that expressway might take ages, infact that starts from my house and directly to Bally bridge in a hop, Kool !! ALso nice to see that the new Bally bridge has started functioning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl
Boss, You should not count your best timings when you are planning a family meet...I suggest all can start early and have breakfast in some dhaba in bardhaman alongwith Langchha and photography...
Old 28th August 2007, 17:58   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
repairs !!! tauba tauba...
I have no money left to fill up BP after the Hyd trip. In one word I am bankrupt. But if it is a Kol-Bolpur trip I may take loan from some tbhpians so that I can take BP
Old 28th August 2007, 17:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
I guess he doesn't have money to fill her up
But then BP, salary day is coming up na ?
Old 28th August 2007, 18:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Boss, You should not count your best timings when you are planning a family meet...I suggest all can start early and have breakfast in some dhaba in bardhaman alongwith Langchha and photography...
Thats why I had suggested to drop the idea of going to Shankarpur and had alloted a time frame of 3 hours for Kolkata-Bolpur journey... That IMO is more than enough considering the roads nowadays.
Old 28th August 2007, 18:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But if it is a Kol-Bolpur trip I may take loan from some tbhpians so that I can take BP
We'll get a good strong rope and hook BP onto Planet. Nice drive it will be, listening to Planets' newly tuned ICE.

@planet, pssst .. kidding
Old 28th August 2007, 18:07   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess he doesn't have money to fill her up
But then BP, salary day is coming up na ?
arre Sir entire salary will go into repaying credit card bill
Old 28th August 2007, 18:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ask 1100D to sponsor some $$, all bankruptcy solved...

Abhi
Old 28th August 2007, 18:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which basically means your credit limit is back in business. Khali card. Hence 2K credit on fuel should be fine ?
Old 29th August 2007, 00:04   #27
BHPian

Guys, will miss you all. Enjoy your trip & have a safe journey. Will join you once am here again. Dont forget to take pics. & banalakshmi is a very good place as told by saurabhm. Had stayed there for 2 days, the staffs are very helpful & the food is absolutely like home-cooked. They have this liitle "khets" at the backyard & you can literally hand pick the vegetables. On a whole, good place to wind out.
Old 29th August 2007, 02:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shuvc can you narrate the route this expressway takes to reach Dunlop from Jessore Rd (now where is this merging on the Jessore rd?)

Quote:

Abhi
1100D himself is so bankrupt that he is driving on Totally bald tyres. (But then full tread to bald in 3.5 months has been my personal worst till date, but cant help temptation) , although Wife's still on a buying spree.

Anyway will drive to Pikes peak this weekend!!!!

Last edited by 1100D : 29th August 2007 at 02:25.
Old 29th August 2007, 11:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

whoa! i dint come online yesterday and so many post - awsome!

by the way i am game for Shantiniketan / Banalakshmi and Uluberia Drive. Planet will not pull BlackPearl - aah! shuvc you were joking na ETC is driving me crazy (read: eating up my head) - she wants to go out of town and i have been post-poning it since last year.

so guys - can we have some inputs on the date (any Sunday - anytime)? and also who are in?

pssst:i havent yet seen Phoenix :(
Old 29th August 2007, 11:57   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Abhi

ha ha well said Abhi..

1100D - are you listening ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks