Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 13:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

@ dhiman - you can always hitch a ride with anyone of us - no problemat all. where in kolkata do you stay? you dont have a car and a DL - but still you are a member with this group - PM me your number - it will be easier for us to get in touch with you.

are you game for the meet? trust me you will enjoy yourself.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th August 2007 at 13:52.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

@ Lazy Guys - How about a Mini Meet / Drive in September?

uhm! ok - not all of you guys are lazy

how about a Mini Meet sometime this Sunday / Next Week? interested? your inputs please!

Date: ?
Time: ?
Place: ?
POA: Drive/Booz/Soft Drink/Adda cheers:

what about the following? (i may not be able to confirm though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
..How about having one on Friday night? say 31st. We meet at 9pm and come back by 1am. I dont know whether you guys have ever met before at night or not.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th August 2007 at 17:12.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:15   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
uhm! ok - not all of you guys are lazy

how about a Mini Meet sometime this Sunday / Next Week? interested? your inputs please!

Date: ?
Time: ?
Place: ?
POA: Drive/Booz/Soft Drink/Adda cheers:

what about the following? (i may not be able to confirm though)
This Sunday will not be possible for me. However Friday night or Saturday Night will be ok.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:29   #49
BHPian

I'am in for Friday night...but one of you will have to pick me up from my office in Sec V...I'll be free after 10pm though...
Old 30th August 2007, 20:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
@ Saurabh da - i think Vanalakshmi sounds more tempting than Uluberia.

@ 1100D - i have already said that sooner would have been better - but i always want everybody to go for the meet and thats why i think 22nd or 29th is better.
We planned to go to Lulung? when? where is Lulung? hey even i would love to go there. so when are you coming back?

@ Bobby - relax buddy! the date is not fixed yet.
Quote:
@ Saurabh da - i think Vanalakshmi sounds more tempting than Uluberia.
@Planet - no 'da' please.
The road conditions till Vanalakshmi would be good. The food is good as well. I'll always prefer it over Uluberia.
Lulung is one of the gateways to Simlipal National Park. You have to follow NH-6 till Baharagora and then take NH-5, if I am not wrong.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Lulung is one of the gateways to Simlipal National Park. You have to follow NH-6 till Baharagora and then take NH-5, if I am not wrong.
Lulung on one side and Jashipur on the other (Known for Khoiri). Although the forest rest house is at Lulung.

You have to endure Baharagora stretch, but after you cross over to Orissa at Bangriposi, you turn left for Baripada. Lulung is around 20 kms or so from Baripada thru forest or non existent roads.

However you wouldn't even get a 2-star accomodation at any of those places.

Last edited by 1100D : 31st August 2007 at 00:02.
Old 31st August 2007, 10:43   #52
BHPian

@1100D: The Baharagora stretch is notorious for its road conditions. However, it was not that bad when I drove to Ghatsila last Jan.
However, lets plan this trip once you are back in homeland.
Old 31st August 2007, 10:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Lulung on one side and Jashipur on the other (Known for Khoiri). Although the forest rest house is at Lulung.
Been to Lulung once. Went to Chandipur. Took a day trip to Simlipal forest in a Sumo. Had breakfast at the Lulung rest house.

Lulung is a lovely place. 8-10 rooms at most, surrounded by hills. Verrry peaceful. Kinda romantic I would say !

The threat of mosquitos is always there.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

we can always carry mosquito coils/nets/whatever to get rid of the mosquito bites.

the roads are bad - so can we drive our own cars to that place or do we need to hire cars?

@ shuvc - did you take Silver Arrow with you? and how many KMs are we talking about?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 31st August 2007 at 11:15.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ shuvc - did you take Silver Arrow with you? and how many KMs are we talking about?
Nana. This was way back in probably 2000. Went by train to Baripada. Stayed at Chandipur. Hired a Sumo for the Simlipal trip.

IMO the roads/dirt tracks inside the forest are better suited to the Sumos, Qualises etc, than our regular sedans.

Maybe @1100D would buy a Safari and take us along
Old 31st August 2007, 11:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
yeah - it sounds good! i am game for this trip. But when is "the bong from taxus" coming back?
Old 31st August 2007, 12:07   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nana. This was way back in probably 2000. Went by train to Baripada. Stayed at Chandipur. Hired a Sumo for the Simlipal trip.

IMO the roads/dirt tracks inside the forest are better suited to the Sumos, Qualises etc, than our regular sedans.

vrooooom and I went there in the Baleno and Indica Petrol in 2005 November. We faced absolutely no problem in taking the hatchback and the sedan there.
The trip is about 250 Kilimeters 1 way. We started at 2 am in the morning and reached the forest at 7:45 am. The forest gates open at 8 am and entry is allowed till 12 noon.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 31st August 2007 at 12:14.
Old 31st August 2007, 21:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pardon my ignorance, but why did you take the train till Baripada to reach chandipur. Chandipur is off NH5 at Balasore isn't it. So wasn't it better to alight at Balasore?

Anyway offtopic. Chandipur beach is really something with the Sea staying nowhere this side of the Horizon and then suddenly coming to us withing a matter of few minutes. The test site too is really fantastic (if you can manage an entry. that is)

Lulung Mosquitos are part of the charm of being at that place. You would probably not die of a Tiger but out of a Mosquito bite. When we went there, they had sever malaria warnings. But then the sounds of the big cat in winter is too mesmerising to think of malignancy fears. Hoever Lulung is best seen on a petrol car, especially in the core area . 4x4 is not necessary in winter, but tyres need to be carefully handled.

Last edited by 1100D : 31st August 2007 at 21:21.
Old 31st August 2007, 21:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah - it sounds good! i am game for this trip. But when is "the bong from taxus" coming back?
Bong from Taxus is going to Colorado springs at Pikes Peak. Rented a car, requested for a Dodge Charger (which they cant assure). Its a 700miles one way journey. Which is the reason why only three of us are going from here. Lets see how it turns up. I just love the mountains and always wonder why we dont have one in Kolkata.
Old 1st September 2007, 00:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
So wasn't it better to alight at Balasore?
Mishhhtake Mishhhtake. We did alight at Balasore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks