Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 15:31   #5071
BHPian

re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Guys let's meet up on 2nd October 2015 - A quick drive to Mahabs and return. Shouldn't take more than 2.5 hours including breakfast in A2B (?)

Please add confirmed names and rides. Families welcome.

1. hyper-VTEC - 2.25 - Storme
2. rollingwheels - 2 - Brio AT
Old 1st October 2015, 07:02   #5072
BHPian

Please confirm on the timing and meetup point soon. I hope to make it with my son.

3. sjcherian - 2 - Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Guys let's meet up on 2nd October 2015 - A quick drive to Mahabs and return. Shouldn't take more than 2.5 hours including breakfast in A2B (?)

Please add confirmed names and rides. Families welcome.

Old 1st October 2015, 21:23   #5073
BHPian

Folks - didnt see any replies after mine so made some plans with a TBHPian colleague during the day today.

Me on my Thar and prasanna.vps on a RE Thunderbird will be meeting up at the ECR Toll Plaza at around 6:15 AM tomorrow.

We plan to drive down ECR approx till Mudaliarkuppam and then return with some halts for coffee and breakfast along the way.

If Hyper-VTEC & RollingWheels /others are able to make it please PM me your numbers.
Old 1st October 2015, 22:06   #5074
Senior - BHPian

I am driving to Pondy with my wife and son tomorrow for Ashram visit. Planning to leave by 6.30 AM, since we need to be back in Chennai before 3.00 PM. I will join some other meet later!
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:40   #5075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Folks - didnt see any replies after mine so made some plans with a TBHPian colleague during the day today.

Me on my Thar and prasanna.vps on a RE Thunderbird will be meeting up at the ECR Toll Plaza at around 6:15 AM tomorrow.

If Hyper-VTEC & RollingWheels /others are able to make it please PM me your numbers.
Hope you have had a good time. Ask HyperVtec Sir to include you in the WA Chennai meet group so that ideas for the meet can be discussed there and the final discussion can be done here.
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:23   #5076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Hope you have had a good time. Ask HyperVtec Sir to include you in the WA Chennai meet group so that ideas for the meet can be discussed there and the final discussion can be done here.
Thanks Prowler. HyperVtec has added me to the group.

We made it as per plan even though for a variety of reasons we both got far less than the usual amount of sleep. Didn't need the alarm to wake up for a change .

I started from home (Nungambakkam) at 5:30AM and made it to the ECR Toll plaza by 6:10 AM. prasanna.vps made it there by 6:20 AM on his RE Thunderbird 500. We started out almost immediately and drove till the Mudaliar Kuppam Boat House where we stopped and clicked a couple of photos of our rides and did a bit of walking around. We didn't take any other photos as we were enjoying the drive/ride with less than normal traffic.

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-sdscn4163.jpg

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-sdscn4165.jpg

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-sdscn4166.jpg

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-sdscn4170.jpg

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-sdscn4172.jpg

We were beginning to feel hungry so returned back with a stop for coffee and then a short breakfast stop at Hotel Mamalla. Reached back home by 10:45 AM.

Amazed to see the construction of ECR road widening till Mahabalipuram. The drive till there should improve a lot once the work is completed.
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:41   #5077
BHPian

Chennai Meets: Next drive on 2nd October, 2015!

Yes, what a fun ride we had! This was my first experience riding along with a Thar and it was awesome.

Fun part was my phone did not work before and through the ride, kind of forced us to be within line of sight, made it more enjoyable.

On the ECR widening, I feel he medians and double lanes will make it more safe, very happy it's being done. Maybe a longer ride next time Sushil... And thanks for the photos.

But as he pointed out rightly we were lost in the mesmerising weather and ride and we're immersed in the experience, photo ops were limited.

To more frequent and longer rides

And forgot to mention, this was my 5k commemoration on my Bluebird. Amazing how it has become my duly red and handles well. A write up on that for later.

Last edited by prasanna.vps : 3rd October 2015 at 19:43.
Old 4th December 2015, 00:47   #5078
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 4th December 2015 at 13:22.
Aniruthan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd December 2015, 21:16   #5079
BHPian

Hello dear Chennai members. Hope all of you are doing great. If there are meets planned in the near future, please do let me know. Will be happy to join with honored and prestigious Team BHP members.

Regards,
Aniruthan.
Old 28th December 2015, 21:41   #5080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Hello dear Chennai members. Hope all of you are doing great. If there are meets planned in the near future, please do let me know. Will be happy to join with honored and prestigious Team BHP members.

Regards,
Aniruthan.
If you're game - I'm game.

The day after tomorrow (30th) anyone? Maybe mahabs again as that seems to have become a standard venue - for lack of time it'd be easier to follow a previously tried and tested route + meeting point.

6:15 AM - ECR toll plaza meetup, say hi.

6:30 AM - Head for Mahabs.

Breakfast - Hotel Mamalla, spend a couple of hours talking.

Around 10 - 10:30 AM - back home

Please add your names -

hserus (mostly + wife / kids) - Honda Amaze
Old 29th December 2015, 10:56   #5081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you're game - I'm game.

The day after tomorrow (30th) anyone? Maybe mahabs again as that seems to have become a standard venue - for lack of time it'd be easier to follow a previously tried and tested route + meeting point.
Great initiative buddy but this week can't catch up. Have headed back to Madurai for New Year and maybe sometime the week after this we'll organize a meet soon .
Old 29th December 2015, 21:33   #5082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Great initiative buddy but this week can't catch up. Have headed back to Madurai for New Year and maybe sometime the week after this we'll organize a meet soon .
No responses so far. Let's ditch now. Plan something AFTER the new year.
Old 29th December 2015, 22:46   #5083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
No responses so far. Let's ditch now. Plan something AFTER the new year.
Yes buddy, you're right. Since New Year is on Friday and the Saturday and Sunday are holidays, our BHPians must have planned up for a Long weekend holiday. So let's plan after New Year .
Old 14th April 2016, 10:52   #5084
BHPian

So,
Chennaites..
When are we meeting next?

Long time since Dec'15....
Old 14th April 2016, 13:43   #5085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
So,
Chennaites..
When are we meeting next?

Long time since Dec'15....
We have a WA group for the Chennai Meet people. You are there. Please contact Rajarishi Sir and we can organize the next meet. Once we firm up on the tentative time, we can post here for all the Chennai people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks