Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 13:00   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Update from my end :-

Raj, i have contact numbers of youmah,9thmax, freakster and Bala ( you missed him in list below), Gentle giant dropped out as he has to un-expectedly travel.

Guys, who are yet to confirm, do it ASAP.

These are the people whose contact numbers I don't have:

1. Cooldude ( Passenger Seat)
2. Freakster + Wife ( Getting delivery of brand new ABS Verna CRDI on Saturday)
3. YouMah ( Toyota Innova )
4. anurag_p80
5. Bala + Wife ( OHC)
6. Mobike008 + Wife ( Viva Crdi)
7. Theodre_ftw + Wife + Friend ( Hyundai Santro)
8. Kkrkk2 ( Passenger seat)
9. Rider60 ( Viva Crdi/Swift D)
10. Hunterz ( Fiat Palio)
11. Himanshu + Wife + Kid ( Tata Safari)
12. Furioussphinx ( Maruti Zen)
13. Suren181 ( Rocking red Verna )
14. Solly ( Palio GTX/ ZMA )
15. Btirthankar ( Toyota Innova)
16. Hillram ( Tata Sierra )
17. Mezerio ( Chevy Spark)
18. Nosfreak ( Blaze/Alto)
19. Naveen + Wife ( Palio S10) + friend (??)
20. 9TMax + Wife + Kid ( Maruti Omni)

I will send these numbers via PM to Avi and Himanshu.

yet to get 100% confirmation from these people:
21. Yaser_cyclist + Kid ( Passenger Seat)
22. ravi @ 64bhp ( Wagon R)
23. kutlee ( OHC)
24. Truedreamer ( Indica )
25. Vnabhi ( Fiesta 1.6)
Old 4th July 2008, 13:31   #152
Senior - BHPian

all right so there are about 30 of us i hope this is one of the biggest meets ever man o man, Hyderabad rockx now! well if possible i will try to rope in a few of my friends too.

and now its about time the agenda for the day is put up hey where is RAJ on this?

dont forget to tank up guys!

hey by the way where DKG and a few others on the list? any chance of we seeing insane devil this weekend? wait let me check that out and confirm!

Last edited by rider60 : 4th July 2008 at 13:48.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:46   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: Anurag_P80 not joining as he has to attend office on sunday.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:51   #154
BHPian

I will be missing this drive this time but will come up to meet you all at the starting point.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 4th July 2008 at 14:05.
Old 4th July 2008, 16:11   #155
BANNED

wow thants quiet a big number guys.....i cant make for this meeet
Old 4th July 2008, 17:02   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
wow thants quiet a big number guys.....i cant make for this meeet
I'll miss your challenging style of driving dude. Also man, check spelling before posting

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th July 2008 at 17:04.
Old 4th July 2008, 17:48   #157
BHPian

My car isnt done yet. So you wont see the zen. And regarding my status, I may or may not come. Things are going haywire at my place.
Old 4th July 2008, 18:28   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
My car isnt done yet. So you wont see the zen. And regarding my status, I may or may not come. Things are going haywire at my place.
you can come along with suren or amit.

else come down to my place, you can come along with yashraj or in avi's peted viva!!!
Old 4th July 2008, 19:34   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post

is it all going haywire due to the ICE i suppose, just hold the horses your ICE will sound beautiful when its done!

anyway just like raj suggested hop in to one of the cars and this time dont forget the CDS! i want them mate!
Old 5th July 2008, 11:07   #160
BHPian

@ Raj & Avi,
I'll catch up with you guys in between the LB Nagar crossing and Sagar Road - Ring Road crossing. Since I'll be coming from the other side of the Sagar Road (from shamshabad side), to go to Uppal I have to travel almost 15 km extra while going and then again come back on the same route to Sagar Road. Instead I'll start a little late from my place and will wait for you people in between the Ring Road - NH9 crossing and Ring Road-Sagar Road crossing. I'll reach there by 8:30, and will start moving with the TBHP convoy once you reach there. At that time in the morning, and that too on a sunday, i don't think you people will be having any problem in locating my silver omni waiting by the roadside. In any case, we are having each others numbers, so don't worry. See ya all soon.

The truck strike has already been called off, now we only need some rains to make it a perfect meet.

Cheers.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th July 2008 at 20:53. Reason: Uh oh, do you mind spelling your "u"s as you?
Old 5th July 2008, 11:12   #161
Senior - BHPian

Attaboy, this is gonna be one hell of a big meet!
The only dampener-my right foot ain't 100% recovered, and I've been going to office for the past few days on MMTS. Our company's outing to Dream Valley yesterday played spoilsport to my foot. I'm also a bit apprehensive about the walk on that lovely scenic place, that is a part of tomorrow's itenerary (I love walking, but it may aggravate my foot injury).
So my chances are 50:50 (mind says 100%, but foot says 'watch out buddy').
I shall call Avi or Raj and let you guys know if I can make it.
Ciao!
Old 5th July 2008, 11:39   #162
BHPian

Sunday Weather

7am 19°C Rain
8am 20°C Rain
9am 21°C Cloudy
10am 22°C Rain
11am 24°C Rain
Noon 26°C Rain
1pm 27°C Mostly Cloudy
2pm 28°C Mostly Cloudy
3pm 29°C Mostly Cloudy
4pm 29°C Mostly Cloudy
5pm 29°C Mostly Cloudy
6pm 29°C Rain
7pm 28°C Rain

Here's the weather forecast for Sunday. Looks like rain but then again, the weather has always been known to be unpredictable!

Last edited by theodore_ftw : 5th July 2008 at 11:42. Reason: Not showing properly.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:03   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

@Venu, we really hope you can join us, its going to be one helluva meet

@Amit, where do you get these weather forecasts? I don't trust our indian weather department unlike in the US where a forecast is 99% perfect.

@Yash, come over to my place by 7:50am and let the 2 red beauties head out together? waddaya say?

@9thmax, that should be alright. We'll catch you at that point, you can reach there by 8:45AM, not a problem

Note: Tank up today itself so we don't have to wait for people who tank up during the drive. It only saves that much time. Do all your preliminary check-ups today. I am all set with a tankful of gas filled an hour ago

Finally,get cameras and handycams whoever owns them

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th July 2008 at 13:05.
Old 5th July 2008, 14:12   #164
Senior - BHPian

Some Important Notes

Quote:
@Amit, where do you get these weather forecasts? I don't trust our indian weather department unlike in the US where a forecast is 99% perfect.
leave the forecasting to me. Amit what do you say?
Quote:
@9thmax, that should be alright. We'll catch you at that point, you can reach there by 8:45AM, not a problem
Here are a few instructions to be followed in such cases:

1. The LEAD vehicle should be respected by all and should not be overtaken. LEAD car should be having another person apart from the driver. That would be the coordinator. He will stay in contact with the waiting people and identify them.

2. People intended to join in between should specify a point which is easily identifiable and should not leave the place for "fuel, smoke, call (including nature calls), visiting someone who stays nearby et all..." from 5 min prior to the mentioned time for rendezvous.

Quote:
Note: Tank up today itself so we don't have to wait for people who tank up during the drive. It only saves that much time. Do all your preliminary check-ups today. I am all set with a tankful of gas filled an hour ago
This is very important thing, this saves lot of time!!!

Quote:
Finally,get cameras and handy cams whoever owns them
we need camcorders/handycams!!! it would be wonderful to shoot all the cars going along the curves in a line. There are some curves in which the last guy would be seeing the first guy going in almost at 180 degrees to him!! it means 'U' shaped curves and there are some 'S' shaped too.

These honors can be given to the coordinator. Does any one's car has a sun roof?? We can make such a car as lead car.
@avi, please don't head to a body shop to chop off your car's roof or put a hole to become the lead car .

NOTE: For this meet the LEAD vehicle would be the one in which any one of the following people would be sitting: (this would be decided before each starting point)
1. kkr2k2(raj)
2. ravi@64bhp
3. rider60(yashraj)
4. huntrz(naveen)

The reason for only these people is that they know the route and have done this route at least once.

We need a powerful car as a TAIL(I am expecting suren's verna or avi's peted viva here) and a car preceding it should also be one from the above listed four. This car should be keeping an eye on the TAIL. Such an arrangement would be in great help incase of a breakdown in the middle or someone lost the way and the cell phones doesn't have network connection or a puncture.

Please cooperate!!! else we would be running around with empty and dry stomachs. "Aakir paapi pate ka maamlaa hain".

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 5th July 2008 at 14:14.
Old 5th July 2008, 15:49   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
1. The LEAD vehicle should be respected by all and should not be overtaken. LEAD car should be having another person apart from the driver. That would be the coordinator. He will stay in contact with the waiting people and identify them.

We need a powerful car as a TAIL(I am expecting suren's verna or avi's peted viva here) and a car preceding it should also be one from the above listed four. This car should be keeping an eye on the TAIL. Such an arrangement would be in great help incase of a breakdown in the middle or someone lost the way and the cell phones doesn't have network connection or a puncture.

raj.
no contovorsies here. but i think i was 'cajoled' by some one to become the lead for the Vikarabad meet on the return. i thought i was honoured. but someone and many followed to break the rules and did 'overtakings'. so honestly i think this is not going to work.

second rule. i didn't understand the logic.

lastly i may mostly be coming tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks