Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2008, 11:26   #76
Senior - BHPian

Post meet Drive

As reported by Ravibhat and Akroy, a few off us set off post lunch to Ghati Subramanya.
These are some pics of the place:

The temple nestling in the valley
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03163-medium.jpg

Akroy and the cars
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03164-medium.jpg

Trainspotting (Train going over Makali bridge)
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03165-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03168-medium.jpg

After the darshan, we started returning via the road which goes behind the temple, it was then that I remembered a reservoir formed by a small dam which was around.
I had not been to the place in years, so we asked a passerby and were guided to this place. It was a continuation of the off roading which we had just done at the farm. Sadly the dam was now abandoned, but still had a good photo op.

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03169-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03170-medium.jpg

The dam
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03174-medium.jpg

Akroy and Thirthankar
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03175-medium.jpg

Thirthankar strikes a pose
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03178-medium.jpg

The reservoir now overgrown with vegetation
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03180-medium.jpg

We returned home after this little journey.
I once again thank all the T-Bhpians and their families for the excellent turnout and for helping make this meet a grand success.
Thank you all once again.

Regards,
Hari.
Old 10th August 2008, 11:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hari, I liked the train engine on the bridge. Excellant timing. Lucky guys
Old 10th August 2008, 11:42   #78
Senior - BHPian

Here's my set of photos. Taklen from my mobile camera. Sorry, the calrity is not so good. But the photos can be seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image536.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image539.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image540.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image541.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image544.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image547.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image550.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image553.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image554.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-image543.jpg  

Old 10th August 2008, 12:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you chaps had a nice meet.Infact saw, Rajiv and a few others waiting for the rest of them on the BIAL road while we were driving to Sidlaghatta.
Old 10th August 2008, 14:06   #80
BHPian

Very nice meet guys. Thank you Lukeskywalker for suggesting this place and organizing and thank you all for making this meet such a success.

Indeed we had a great time and enjoyed every moment of the meet at "Luke's neighbourhood farm".

Personally for me, Team-BHP is one of the best thing that happened in my life. Except for T-BHP, I have zero social life.

Most of the pics I have are similar to what has been posted, so only 2 pics from me.

Arey akhele sab kha raheho...
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dscn0360.jpg

Abey bhag idar sey, thereko kuch nahin milne wala hei !
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dscn0361.jpg

After the meet, me and my wifey headed straight to forum mall. I had already booked 2 tickets for The Dark Knight. It was 11:30 pm when we reached home.

All in all, we had a great weekend.
Old 10th August 2008, 14:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I was not in the right state of mind i.e. Off-road enthu, due to the heavy dose of human kind (medicines, not beer ), although I did feel tempted but then...for next times.

Ehhhh...Luke when can we come next!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

And what - Dadu's Safari didnt go offroad?

The stitched photograph of the vehicle line-up has really come out well.

Ravi, the portrait with your daughter has come out really well, you should frame it up.

Last edited by dadu : 10th August 2008 at 14:25.
Old 10th August 2008, 15:20   #82
BHPian

mmmmm .......i missed it.
Old 10th August 2008, 15:41   #83
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

First and foremost, kudos to Hari, akroy and mjothi for arranging this wonderful meet. It was really nice to see so many families turning up. This meet was very unusual to the meets/drives we have otherwise. A definite welcome change.

It was nice meeting you all. I had a wonderful time. The ride on the tractor and the gypsy were awesome fun as well. Will try to upload my share of pics and vids.

@ Rajan Uncle & Suzane Aunty : My gf is in love with your kids. Been asking me to get her a pup ever since. I might have to do with paying you guys a visit soon for a photo session with the two pups and her. Hope its not too much of a trouble.

@ Rest: There is another meet thats being planned at Pondicherry this 30th and 31st. Everyone is welcome. It would be nice to see all the families at that meet as well.
Old 10th August 2008, 16:34   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
... There is another meet thats being planned at Pondicherry this 30th and 31st. Everyone is welcome. It would be nice to see all the families at that meet as well.
Mclaren, details of the pondy meet please. Do we have a separate thread for discussion that? In that case, pointer to that thread
Old 10th August 2008, 17:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

@ Dadu
Quote:
Ehhhh...Luke when can we come next!!
If it's just for offroading any time.
If It's for another meet, then again this is an ideal season as in summer the place can get pretty hot.
But then due to lack of rains, the offroading location was dry, usually after the monsoons, that place is submerged.
Regards,
Hari.
Old 10th August 2008, 19:27   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Mclaren, details of the pondy meet please. Do we have a separate thread for discussion that? In that case, pointer to that thread
May be this would help.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ime-break.html
Old 10th August 2008, 20:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that you guys really had a big blast!

Hari, Akroy & MJothi - hats of to all of you!

Looking at all these photos, this thread seems to be the most photographed one here at T-BHP! :-) Almost all have come out with their photo chain.

Dadu - had the same question as Steeroid but then you have answered to that. So what was the session about with the hood of the Safari open?

Sajands - did you get a chance to have Dadu look at that slight scatch or was that given a back seat in all these exiting things?

VJ_Marvick - Hope to meet you sometime soon. But if I was there, I would have gone green by looking at your well maintained Alto. Maybe we should get together and you can teach me a thing or two.
Old 10th August 2008, 21:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Good to see that you guys really had a big blast!

Hari, Akroy & MJothi - hats of to all of you!

Looking at all these photos, this thread seems to be the most photographed one here at T-BHP! :-) Almost all have come out with their photo chain.

Dadu - had the same question as Steeroid but then you have answered to that. So what was the session about with the hood of the Safari open?

Sajands - did you get a chance to have Dadu look at that slight scatch or was that given a back seat in all these exiting things?

VJ_Marvick - Hope to meet you sometime soon. But if I was there, I would have gone green by looking at your well maintained Alto. Maybe we should get together and you can teach me a thing or two.
@HappyWheels: You surely missed a definitely well organized and pretty well participated meet . But there is always another meet on the cards and thanks for the compliments.
cheers:
Old 10th August 2008, 21:36   #89
BHPian

It was my first meet and a great meet to start off with.Thank You Hari,MJ and Roy for organising it.I thank myself for making it.
@VJ_MAVRICK your Alto sound too good
Old 10th August 2008, 21:47   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingbhat View Post
It was my first meet and a great meet to start off with.Thank You Hari,MJ and Roy for organising it.I thank myself for making it.
@VJ_MAVRICK your Alto sound too good
It was nice to see you even after having a hectic drive the previous day and night. Thanks dude.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks