Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 23:36   #181
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am at my room/home tomorrow watching movies...(I am on leave tomorrow) You have an open invitation for my private movie marathon!!!
Old 26th February 2009, 09:24   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
how about lamba theatre..heard lot of good stories about it from pandey and the other regulars to that place..
I think you are talking about those thought provoking, intellectual, with slightly misleading posters and excellent script and voiceover movies. Sigh...that makes me so nostalgic. 12th ke board exams ke baad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You have Lamba, Kamal and there use to be Surya, Shalimar and Zamrud. I am happy to say that i have graced these places during the heydays of my life
Et tu, Sir? May I add Regal and Rivoli from CP-Delhi?
Old 26th February 2009, 09:34   #183
BHPian

Not that I am attending...

For those looking for dhishum dhishum movies, yet don't want to spend an entire day, Kill Bill-1 & 2 should be a good watch, though it's not a classic.

In fact, why only war movies, why not comedies. I don't know if anyone remembers the Carry On Series aired in Star Movies long time back (when TV censorship was not very overwhelming!).
Old 26th February 2009, 10:36   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
I think you are talking about those thought provoking, intellectual, with slightly misleading posters and excellent script and voiceover movies. Sigh...that makes me so nostalgic. 12th ke board exams ke baad...

Reminds me of the my Class 12 boards as well. You have to add Shiela also to that list
Old 26th February 2009, 11:26   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i was lucky enough to have visited those theatres as well

Quote:
In fact, why only war movies, why not comedies. I don't know if anyone remembers the Carry On Series aired in Star Movies long time back (when TV censorship was not very overwhelming!).
I like the "Gods Must be Crazy" series more than the Carry on ones. Those were the days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Reminds me of the my Class 12 boards as well. You have to add Shiela also to that list
MC, firstly sorry couldnt call you back last night as i was caught up in a few things.

Secondly, we are talking about theatres and not movie names. Since you named one, allow me to name another. I must have seen "Cat People" atleast 10 times in Surya Theatre in Abids.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:49   #186
Senior - BHPian

so who all are going to pulsie's place for the movies???

BTW, looking at the total number meets we had this month, the thread should be renamed as "Meetothstav 2009, Hyderabad".
Old 26th February 2009, 12:06   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I must have seen "Cat People" atleast 10 times in Surya Theatre in Abids.
Oh, I still have vivid memories of that chick---was it Natassia Kinski? Nice skinski, eh?
Old 26th February 2009, 12:22   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Oh, I still have vivid memories of that chick---was it Natassia Kinski? Nice skinski, eh?
Exactly, who can forget Nastassja Kinski and the very reason for me to keep going back to that movie
Old 26th February 2009, 13:05   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, we are talking about theatres and not movie names. Since you named one, allow me to name another. I must have seen "Cat People" atleast 10 times in Surya Theatre in Abids.
Shiela is a theatre in Delhi near New Delhi Railway famous for playing interesting movies.

Taking about movies, I have seen Basic Instinct atleast 7-8 times in Chanakya Theatre alone in Delhi. Those were the days
Old 26th February 2009, 13:28   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, the new meet thread is already up and nobody seems to have even taken a gander at it yet

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...rive-meet.html
Old 26th February 2009, 13:38   #191
Senior - BHPian

Gosh - Candid confessions!

Quote:
Well, i was lucky enough to have visited those theatres as well

I like the "Gods Must be Crazy" series more than the Carry on ones. Those were the days!

we are talking about theatres and not movie names. Since you named one, allow me to name another. I must have seen "Cat People" atleast 10 times in Surya Theatre in Abids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Quote:
Exactly, who can forget Nastassja Kinski and the very reason for me to keep going back to that movie

That was not the kind of 'meat' I had in mind when I suggested the title:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Minis, Micro-minis, Meats & Meets in Hyd.

How does that sound for a title?

Cheers,
I was thinking more on the lines of the good stuff we had at Arun's place, you know "One man's meat is another man's poison" kind.

Cheers,
Old 26th February 2009, 23:35   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dude. Btw, what's with you always typing in mixed letters?
If you get some pleasure out of it, do share it with us. We are all pleasure mongers... Btw, i didnt understand what you meant with that word
Btw, welcome back and hope to see you at the next one!
Thanks chief (pun intended!)

As for the word, it was ENTERTAINER. And surely not everyone needs to be an English grad. (like me) to know what that means...hehe!

As for typing in mixed letters, 'cant say about the pleasure factor, but it's all got to do with phonetics- the letters in caps (other than 1st letter) are just to highlight the accent used while pronouncing the words in question....I expressed it this way since we can't verbally use words here.
In my last post, I typed the word ENTERTAINER as how it'd be pronounced in a tyPicaL SouuthindiaN accent!

You may know how southies with a strong accent (esp. Tamils/Mallus) pronounce words in English...certain syllables r heavily stressed. eg.:

only - WoNLy

one - woNe

Simply - SimBLy

Wonderful - VoNdRafuL

play - pLay

And so on and so forth........'hope that is cLear to you now?

Quote:
Hi from me and welcome back to the Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World of TBHP Hyd, I look forward to meeting you.
Hey, speaking of this- anyone seen "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World"?? It was a '60s movie I guess, features lots of cool classic wheels (including a Willys Station-wagon) of that time. 'liked it for that reason even though I couldn't really follow the story properly.

Last edited by Stanher : 26th February 2009 at 23:44.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:11   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

Hey, speaking of this- anyone seen "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World"?? It was a '60s movie I guess, features lots of cool classic wheels (including a Willys Station-wagon) of that time. 'liked it for that reason even though I couldn't really follow the story properly.
oh! man, you have become old!!!!!

This will pose a difficult task for your mom in choosing a partner for you.

Your mom: What type of girl would you want me to search for you?

Stanher: Mom, to get an idea I will give some movie tapes(like Julie, Bobby, Kismat, Amar Akbar Anthony, Shaan, ... in other words see as many movies as possible from 70s. You will get to understand the girls)

@mods, time to close the thread.

All discussion w.r.t meet for march may be continued in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...rive-meet.html

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 27th February 2009 at 11:14.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:30   #194
Senior - BHPian

70s not 60s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

Hi Stanher,

Ya that line was 'inspired' by that movie, which was made in the 1970s not the 60s. What story are you talking about? The movie basically had a wafer thin story - Guy dies giving clue to hidden treasure, a bunch of petrol heads heads out across the continent in their vehicles looking for the treasure. Thats it! The fun part was the cars etc.

There was another in this genre - Gumball rally.

Other car flicks from that era or little later incuded Used cars, Italian job etc.

There was one which had a fleet of 911s ....

'Melody' starred a Triumph Herald.

Mad Max series......introduced Nitrous Oxide injection to the 'aam janata'

Gosh, they sure knew how to make movies in those days. The only things stripped and ripped were the cars!

Cheers,
Old 27th February 2009, 16:14   #195
BHPian

Quote:
There was another in this genre - Gumball rally.

Gosh, they sure knew how to make movies in those days. The only things stripped and ripped were the cars!

Cheers,
aree daddu,pardon my ignorance but which era are we talking here ?

Before christ(b.c) or After death(a.d)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks