Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2009, 01:14   #151
Senior - BHPian

Yeh Dilli Kahan Hai bhai! ha ha! Aur yeh 6 kya hai? ha ha!

When is the movie?
Arey yaar! how many times should I remind you? It's at 10:30 PM!
So, it's only 10:20 PM now and we still have plenty of time to chat. (The multiplex was just 10 KMs away!)
Finally, we reach at 10:28 PM thanks to the sparse traffic on Friday nights and the horses beneath the hoods of the i10 & the Santro AT!

On which floor is our screen? Somebody shouts - TWO! Run to the lift... but where is the lift? where is the entrance?

We manage to go inside the auditorium on time and the movie starts! "We missed the trailers dude!"

Movie starts - everyone looks at each other - "trailers miss ho gaye.. at least we would have enjoyed them"!

That concludes the brief on the movie meet! (wonder how the director even thought of making this movie after RDB!)

Grazie a lui (Milecruncher)- for pre movie meet. Antonym of the same for the movie! (well, we were not allowed to talk in the auditorium, else it would have been quiet a different scene out there with extremely loud & hilarious discussions on mileage, FFE, headers, drag, travelogues, traffic, etc!)

P.S: Excuse the Hindi in between, that's how we speak in Hyderabad! & the Italian I know is only from the novels I read!
P.S: (again!)
Just back from an impromptu BBQ meet and the pictures that will be uploaded by mobike008 will make you run to your kitchen or the nearest restaurant or even better, turn you into a Non-Vegetarian! (Review will be written by Ravveenndrraa!)
We definitely (substitute the I in the emoticon with we)

Last edited by pulsar56 : 22nd February 2009 at 01:17.
Old 22nd February 2009, 12:48   #152
BHPian

Want to thank Arun for the perfect evening hosted by him at his place rather 'palace'..(what rapchik (superb)house man)

The mood was just perfect.

i hope chikoo beta you got an entry to the house , when i dropped you at your crib ,you were asking for your car keys and mrs milecruncher had gone in to your house already.

Do let us know how was it to sleep in your uno( if you did that..lol)

People my man for the evening was our keshto err chikoo beta a.k.a milecruncher.full entertainment ,infact on our way back while dropping mobike we did our very own karoeke of dev d's emotional attyachar (indian idols for sure)

p.s : we did get stopped by the pandu's while passing prasad's but thanks to the mona lisa smile by milecruncher we were asked to proceed.

good fun junta
Old 22nd February 2009, 13:48   #153
Senior - BHPian

one meet or two meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Ravvendra / Pulsar 56 please do the honours by writing a report on the Pre Movie Festivities.
Why me? Poor old me who is labouring under a 7 point infraction! Well, duty calls, so here goes.

This is a quick dekko at the Pre movie meet and the extension thereof which was a BBQ hosted by Arun at his place.

Dire warnings that the pre-movie meet would start at 7.00 P.M. sharp meant that I landed up by 7.15 (in the fond hope that I was merely 'fashionably late'), only to find a deserted venue - even the host was missing! The gracious hostess however let me in, instead of bunging me out for being too early as per HST (Hyderabad istandard time). A few minutes of chatting with Mrs. MC about books, movies, work and food (yummy) saw the host (the better half, of the better half - that I was talking to) walk in. The next to pop in were Absynth & CoolDude. Absynth shared some great insights into the way things were in Arunachal Pradesh where he spends a substantial amount of time. The rest of the gang trooped in soon after.

The conversation(s) flew thick and fast. Each TBHPian talking animatedly to any other who would care to listen, about: jeeps, cars, heavy cars vs. light cars, the Tata Xen, bikes, (a community bike for TBHP - Hyd!), movies, DVDs, ICE, DIY-ICE.

Soon, Avi and Rajesh, being the good sports that they are, decided to take over the task of keeping the others entertained. Avi playing lead (did he pick up a few tips in Ghanpur or did he pick it up from from cooldude?) Rajesh played the perfect foil to Avi. This duo had the rest in splits till it was time (10.25 for a movie starting at 10.30 about 5 Km away) for the movie buffs to get cracking.

The three sedate people i.e. Arun, CoolDude and yours truly moved to KFC for well deserved nourishment for the body. The entertainment there came in the form of a tele-con by CoolDude where he for a moment thought he was "Yash", he however set things right over the next five minutes, this being the time it took for him to convince his mystery caller that (1) he was not Yash, (2) That he was having dinner, (3) That he was not near any movie hall, (4) That he did not have anyone's car keys! (5) That he was not lying / trying to pull the caller's leg.

The event continued the next evening (including a post-mortem of the first half). The venue this time was Absinthe's place where he most kindly laid out a feast on the BBQ - lovely looking 'bhatti' you have @ Arun. The style and warmth of Arun's place was matched only by the warmth of Arun's welcome and hospitality.

We had a few additions this evening, notably Nag, Dr. Sharif, Jagan (Heyy Nazim get Jagan to register please), Raj and Ravi. Summer is almost here, naturally the talk veered to do-able drives in summer for the TBHPins in Hyd, this sent everyone scurrying to look for long weekends. Seems there are a few - 20th March to 22 March is one with 20th being Good Friday, 27 March to 29 March with Ugadi on 27th is another good bet.

Besides the usual vehicle stuff, the conversation this evening turned to politics, elections, scenic routes, removal of smileys, etc. Arun proved himself adept at the barbeque and dished out somre real yummy chicken. He was helped by cooldude and Bidisha. Bidisha pointed out that men do not live by meat alone - but need bread and promptly rode off into the horizon to acquire some buns for the hungry hordes. Not to be outdone by his spouse, Bidisha's hubby decides to contribute his mite to making the evening a grand success (cf. below).

Avi and Rajesh, who had taken upon themselves the task of providing entertainment and mirth the previous evening, passed on this mantle (reluctantly) to MC. Everybody else played 'streight man' to Ani. If what Rajesh is true - for your next acquisition, maybe you should be looking at a caravan on a Ashok Leyland chassis (also heard that Volvo is good for this purpose, but expensive), if you gonna be in the dog-house - might as well make it a grand one.

Must mention here, that Jagan generously offerred to arrange things for us if we ever decided to go to Araku valley or Anantagiri (Vizag). Knowing the junta in Hyd, esp the Hyd TBHP CUG, we will definitely take you up on your offer @ Jagan.

The meeting finally wound up around 1.30 a.m. Heyy Arun, thanks again and I hope your neighbours haven't chucked you out. We did make quite a racket last nite. If the neighbours ever threaten to dislodge you from that lovely home, just let us know and, we will have back-to-back meetings there - till the neighbours leave!

Cheers and keep smiling while u drive,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 22nd February 2009 at 13:55.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:31   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

What a hectic TBHP weekend.

Now looking back since the friday night passed off peacefully, i thoroughly enjoyed the couple of back-to-back meets we had last weekend.

The meet at Saturday at Arun's place was fantastic and like last time around, it was great fun. Arun, thanks a bunch for being such a wonderful host and for the barbeque chicken.

Great write-up by Raveendrra and Pulsar56 as usual.

Sorry about the delay in posting the pictures as i had a hectic sunday as well and will try to post 'em up by tonight.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:45   #155
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Arun for the great BBQ party at your place. Awesome place or rather PALACE that you have there. Awesome bhatti as well. Some pictures that I took during the party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
we did get stopped by the pandu's while passing prasad's but thanks to the mona lisa smile by milecruncher we were asked to proceed.
It wasn't me. It was Bidisha. And I did get to sleep in the house

Last edited by MileCruncher : 23rd February 2009 at 13:00.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:03   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

@MC, where are the pictures? it seemed like you were about to post and forgot to do that?
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:14   #157
Senior - BHPian

Except the pictures of BBQ chicken, can't post any other picture otherwise I'll get infraction . So no pictures from my side
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:02   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Want to thank Arun for the perfect evening hosted by him at his place rather 'palace'..(what rapchik (superb)house man)
+ one

Arun was kind enough to take care of all arrangements at the BBQ party almost single-handedly.

Junta - as discussed, let's plan a day meet for watching 2/3 DVDs back to back. My place will be available in early-April.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:05   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
+ one

Arun was kind enough to take care of all arrangements at the BBQ party almost single-handedly.

Junta - as discussed, let's plan a day meet for watching 2/3 DVDs back to back. My place will be available in early-April.
+one from me too.

I said this in the meet and I will say again, "This is the first time some one sweat so much while hosting a meet".

@nag, That would be an excellent thing to do in summer.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 23rd February 2009 at 17:15.
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:06   #160
Senior - BHPian

DVD Meet would be great..Some back to Back Watcheable films :
1. Lord of Rings trilogy
2. Bourne Identity,Supremacy,Ultimatum
3. Godfather 1,2,3
4. Guns of navarone , Where eagles dare (for WWII buffs)
5. Gone with the Wind (solid 4 1/2 Hrs to watch Viven Leigh and Clark Gable)
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:43   #161
BHPian

Cheers and appreciate the comments people. It sure was interesting and did see a few new faces, interesting topics and certainly a fun filled evening with milecruncher's anecdotes.

Sagar (Furioussphinx) hosted me at Cafe Late once , and there was a mini theatre on hire basis within the premises.

I aint got a clue on the pricing , but i dont think it would be a bad idea for hosting movies such as Star Wars in venues such as this.Private movie-hall to watch the droids in all their glory!.eerm yes , there will be good grub as well i suppose.

Hillram :"Gone with the wind"
Arun : Id try and rid myself the torture using his own collection of Lugers, lol . way tooooo dramatic for a t-bhp crew dude!!! :-)

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 23rd February 2009 at 21:50.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:16   #162
Senior - BHPian

@Absynthguzzler...ill lend my Samurai collection for ur harakiri..rather than my lougers,colts,smith&wessons which will wakeup the neighbours.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:25   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
@Absynthguzzler...ill lend my Samurai collection for ur harakiri..rather than my lougers,colts,smith&wessons which will wakeup the neighbours.
Mr Hillram, but before all that , as long as i get a taste of wasabi sliced by those blades or maybe even you educate me with a session on cheese.Hmmm , a case of Hanibal Lector it seems
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:48   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

So the discussion on this thread has veered towards guns & food

Ok folks here are some pictures taken during the barbeque meet at Arun's place. That chicken sure was yummy, it's just that it was so dark out there the pictures are not doing justice at all.

Rajesh bhai, posting one with your LED's doing bling bling in the night
Attached Thumbnails
Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5635.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5639.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5640.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5636.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5642.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5646.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5651.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5653.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5656.jpg  

Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad-dsc_5658.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2009, 23:17   #165
Senior - BHPian

Shine on - you crazy diamond(s)

From cars & bikes & pete's boxes, to drags, go-karting, dinners, business lunches, BBQs, movies, now onwards to guns & swords!! Rock on guys.

I did notice one fundamental difference here. The rest of the world talks of killing each other, while we talk about killing self! That too in great style - Lugers & Samurai swords. Shows that we are more evolved?

Nice pics @ mobike, they made my mouth water.

Sad that MC is not getting an AL / Volvo, I thought it would be nice to have a TBHP trip in that to Suryalanka / Araku (each of us could take turns to drive it with a brick placed on the accelerator). Our loss is MC's gain. Thanks, Mrs. MC for letting him out of the doghouse.

I might have bought one myself, only thing holding me back is that, if I did, I would never go up into the flat ever again! The whole thing sounds cool. My CV would then begin - Permanent address: C/o. Main Road, caste: Bhatkiya & Vimukta Jaati, occupation: see caste above.

Sagar seems hooked onto the go-karting and wants to do it again (See that Runway9 thread). Not a bad idea at all, according to me.

The back to back movie thing in the cafe latte or one of the others sounds cool, they would provide us with the tonnes of food that we do consume. But then again, we could chip in and make it a pot luck or a catered event (by equal contribution) at Nag's place. Thanks nag for the kind offer.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks