Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 08:12   #61
BHPian

Satya, I work in midtown and can't leave the office till about noon or so. I will have to go back home to queens to go pick up my car since I can't bring it to work and park it around here.

How would you feel about picking me up in midtown after you pick up your car? You can drive me home (just across the east river, less than 10 min if we take the mid town tunnel), I'll pick up my car and we can then take off from there.

Would that work for you?
Old 6th August 2009, 08:24   #62
BHPian

Sure. I don't mind doing that. Is it the same place we met for the last ride?
Old 6th August 2009, 09:04   #63
BHPian

OMG! Where have I been??? There is so much going on here...bitter sweet reading for me. I wish I could join, this weekend is a NO-NO though. I have to help a close friend with relocation over Fri-Sat. Have fun guys
Old 6th August 2009, 09:43   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamenon View Post
Sure. I don't mind doing that. Is it the same place we met for the last ride?

yeah. corner of 40th and Park.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:15   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Man, you guys are killing me here!....
Meee tooo!!!!! Arrrgh!!! I wish i was still around for this!

You guys are gonna have a blast! Please do take a lot of pictures -- and preferably a video + sound of the corvette after all we've heard from Harbir.

Also, im guessing satya is going to get to drive the elise as well, since i dont think Harbir will be able to resist that corvette for long

Have fun & drive safe,
AND WE WANT LOTS OF PICTURES!
R
Old 6th August 2009, 21:09   #66

98 Jeep Tj

Hey Guys,

My name is Gaurav and I just joined this website.

I was amazed to see so many Indian Petroheads..

I live in Princeton, NJ..

Got to know about this forum from aah78..

I have a Jeep Wrangler TJ... the pics are posted on the link below.

Would love to know more about you guys.

Cheers!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...y-1998-tj.html
Old 9th August 2009, 20:01   #67
BHPian

Well, that was a dud.

Friday I discovered that my insurance company had screwed up my policy and I wasn't insured and while trying to sort that out I realized that my driving license had just expired.

No license, no insurance, we had to scrub the run, but Satya already had the corvette so he took the opportunity to do some back road driving. I am sure he will tell all about his expereince with the fearsome corvette.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:17   #68
BHPian

Well, it was a bit of a bummer when I found that Harbir wouldn't be able to make it. It wasn't for lack of effort, for sure. He tried everything to get his paperwork sorted out. But you can't do anything about a useless agent who can't even show the common courtesy of giving an honest straightforward answer.

Anyways, Harbir printed out some maps of the routes we took last time in Catskill State park. Decided to hit those and see if I could find a few more... And yes, I did. I found Rally Stage II!!

Oh, and a big Thank You to Harbir for encouraging me to go the whole hog and renting the 'vette. This weekend wouldn't have been even half as much fun in a V6 Camaro or any other rental for that matter.

OH MY GOD!! That sound track from the V8 as it opens up after 3500 rpm - The only word that comes to my mind is "Orgasmic". Every time I approached a tunnel, I slowed down to a 15mph crawl, built up a gap in front, dropped down to 2nd and let 'er rip. The roar of that big V8 echoing off the tunnel walls is like nothing I've ever heard before. I was giggling like a little school girl the first time I did that.

P.S. If anyone was in Holland Tunnel (towards NYC) around 10:00 am this morning, that was me. I had to do it one last time before I returned the car.

Some pics when I decided to strech my legs - which wasn't very often. I was too busy stretching the cars legs.
Took the top off at Livingston Manor. Was a pretty easy job - less than 2-3 minutes.
Funny, a couple of weeks ago, there was a yellow Lotus Elise parked in that very same spot. Heh heh.
Attached Thumbnails
Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0667.jpg  

Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0668.jpg  

Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0669.jpg  

Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0670.jpg  

Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0671.jpg  

Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0672.jpg  

Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0673.jpg  

Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0674.jpg  

Southeast Ohio and West Virginia Tour!!-dscn0676.jpg  

Last edited by satyamenon : 9th August 2009 at 21:21. Reason: Grammar
Old 9th August 2009, 21:25   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I am sure he will tell all about his expereince with the fearsome corvette.
"Fearsome" is the right word alright. All that power and torque can be very dangerous in the wrong hands. The beauty of having so much of it all over the rev-band is that you can be in any gear and it will always, I repeat always, pull like a freight train on steroids. I can't even begin to imagine the monster that lies under the ZR1's hood.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:40   #70
BHPian

Giggling like a school girl? You? the super calm unpreturbable Satya? hahaha! i wish I'd seen that!

And by the way, like you said, its the power everywhere on the rev band thing, not just the peak 436hp. I have driven other 400+hp cars like the E92 M3 and they are nothing like the corvette in terms of how monstrously powerful it feels.

and I see you changed the little picture! For sure, that was a good call!
Old 10th August 2009, 00:43   #71
Team-BHP Support

plus

Awesome, Satya! Glad you had a great time with the Corvette!

Where'd you rent her from?
I'd checked at JFK a while ago and they didn't have one.

SFO has one available.
Old 10th August 2009, 02:09   #72
BHPian

Picked up the 'vette from Hertz in Lower Battery Park Municipal Garage. I believe there's a Hertz location somewhere in midtown (50th I think) that has one too - Harbir was telling me about it.

Now, if only I could find a Hertz/Avis location that offered a Porsche 911. Perhaps a back-to-back comparo is in order.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:33   #73
BHPian

SUPER!!!

@Satya - Thats looks awesome. You must have had 'some' fun. I was busy the whole weekend helping a friend relocate to NJ. I think I missed a call from you too around Friday evening, when I was low on AT&T signals in Weehawken :( Anyway, hope to catch up someitme soon to heard the full deal... I am waiting!
Old 3rd September 2009, 01:53   #74
BHPian

Heads Up. Anyone near Ohio/WV want to meet up either on Saturday or Sunday for a bite to eat or something, let me know. Am planning to do at least a decent chunk of the route that Harbir first proposed in this thread.

Haven't decided which bits am going to hit when, but am going to cover a good 1500 miles.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:51   #75
Team-BHP Support

I'm heading north this weekend - so give me a call if you take a wrong turn and head towards Boston.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks