Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 19:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
+1 Wish to mention the dress code at sailing Annexe/Secunderabad Clum.

Gentelmen to arrive at the club wearing shoes only. No collarless T Shirts allowed.

Unlike our previous meets, this is going to be a very very sober meet..would you guys want it this way??

I would prefer Sailing Annexe for the shear view that you would get of the Tank Bund and Secbad Club is too formal I guess.
The club rules are slightly more elaborate. For example - no speeches or clapping allowed (unless it is in a private party area). No photography. etc. The place is meant to be somewhere one can enjoy a quiet relaxing evening by oneself or with friends. One noisy or boisterous table can ruin the evening for the others.

Though the dress code is quite simple on the face of it, i.e. trousers, shoes, shirt or collared t-shirt. Gentlemen are expected to be 'appropriately dressed'. The appropriately dressed bit is the one that causes the trouble as it is difficult to understand. Just to elucidate, a pink lounge suit with flouroscent green shoes & tie is not 'appropriately dressed' though it fits with the other rules, the letter and spirit of the dress code are to be respected, so a bold check shirt under a jacket would be out too, also out would be the combination of grey trousers with brown shoes or brown trousers worn over black shoes.

If it is to be the Sailing Annexe, I would suggest we book a private party as the rules are a little more relaxed on the noise level front for pvt. parties. The terrace on top of the boat shed would be ideal or failing that one of the halls in the 1st floor might do nicely. I do think they have a min no of PAX for booking and the banqueting rates are in the range of INR 150 per head.

The Hyderabad Boats Club is a good option, decent views, good food, VFM i.e. total paisa vasool and we would not be adding to the decibel levels.

If the head count is below 10, Club Kohinoor in Begumpet is always open.

Cheers,
Old 5th January 2010, 21:27   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Himanshugoswami (I also have an announcement to make )
Don't say you too are leaving "Mana Hyderabad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
If the head count is below 10, Club Kohinoor in Begumpet is always open.Cheers,
Ravvs, be prepared for this one.

Since i can see the topic veering from reality to dreamy illusions, we may have to fall back on the in-comparable " Club Kohinoor" for this get-together :-)

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th January 2010 at 21:28.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

+1 for Club Kohinoor.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:16   #64
Senior - BHPian

Its either Hyd Boat Club or Gentleman's Club

January Meet:
Date : 8th Jan 2010

Venue : TBD
Time : 19.30 Hrs

Confirmations:
  1. Hillram
  2. Mobike008
  3. MileCruncher+1
  4. Tirthankar
  5. Ravveendra
  6. Pulsar56
  7. Zen91
  8. KKRK2
  9. Jaizcrazy
  10. Himanshugoswami (I also have an announcement to make )
  11. Suren
Since amongst all the options, Hyderabad Boat Club is emerging as the dark horse, can we fix on that? Raj, can you book us a table
Quote:

Cheers,
Now where is this Club Kohinoor?

BTW just a case in point: Since we all are talking about various gentlemanly conduct codes et al, how about having the meet in a Gentleman's Club
Old 6th January 2010, 11:42   #65
BHPian

Quote:
The club rules are slightly more elaborate. For example - no speeches or clapping allowed (unless it is in a private party area). No photography. etc. The place is meant to be somewhere one can enjoy a quiet relaxing evening by oneself or with friends. One noisy or boisterous table can ruin the evening for the others.

Though the dress code is quite simple on the face of it, i.e. trousers, shoes, shirt or collared t-shirt. Gentlemen are expected to be 'appropriately dressed'. The appropriately dressed bit is the one that causes the trouble as it is difficult to understand. Just to elucidate, a pink lounge suit with flouroscent green shoes & tie is not 'appropriately dressed' though it fits with the other rules, the letter and spirit of the dress code are to be respected, so a bold check shirt under a jacket would be out too, also out would be the combination of grey trousers with brown shoes or brown trousers worn over black shoes.

If it is to be the Sailing Annexe, I would suggest we book a private party as the rules are a little more relaxed on the noise level front for pvt. parties. The terrace on top of the boat shed would be ideal or failing that one of the halls in the 1st floor might do nicely. I do think they have a min no of PAX for booking and the banqueting rates are in the range of INR 150 per head.

The Hyderabad Boats Club is a good option, decent views, good food, VFM i.e. total paisa vasool and we would not be adding to the decibel levels.

Cheers,
+1 Sir, the only issue I foresee is not being ourselves if we opt for the gentelman's club and what's the fun if we don't make some ho-halla, that too while we are meeting after quite some time.

Take a call guys..I am Ok for all options.
Old 6th January 2010, 12:35   #66
BHPian

more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
January Meet:

Confirmations:
  1. Hillram
  2. Mobike008
  3. MileCruncher+1
  4. Tirthankar
  5. Ravveendra
  6. Pulsar56
  7. Zen91
  8. KKRK2
  9. Jaizcrazy
  10. Himanshugoswami (I also have an announcement to make )
  11. Suren

BTW just a case in point: Since we all are talking about various gentlemanly conduct codes et al, how about having the meet in a Gentleman's Club
Am really looking forward to this meet. Wish if we have more in the list.

I have lots of candid photos to share with you guys so that you laugh till the belly aches.

Last edited by btirthankar : 6th January 2010 at 12:41.
Old 6th January 2010, 12:54   #67
BHPian

Do count me in as well, however i need some help with directions to the places being talked about and some way of identifying you guys as this is the first time for me.

Cheers
Rajesh
Old 6th January 2010, 13:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
January Meet:
Since amongst all the options, Hyderabad Boat Club is emerging as the dark horse, can we fix on that? Raj, can you book us a table
So no one is a member of Boat's Club here. Ok then I shall let you all know by tonight whether I can get it done.

Quote:
Now where is this Club Kohinoor?
I guess it is some-where in Begumpet, on the LHS you have to take a left and an immediate right and an immediate left!! I hope i am right!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Let me join the Fight Club too..
My vote goes for SAILING CLUB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
By sober..I was referring to the decibel levels.
I think we should leave this gentleman thingy!!
Old 6th January 2010, 14:01   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I think we should leave this gentleman thingy!!
I meant the other variety of Gentlemen's Club
Old 6th January 2010, 14:50   #70
BHPian

Okay Guys, I called up Mr Sagar just now, who apart from being a friend is the member of Hyderabad Boat Club and can get us entry into the club, and requested him to book the private lawn of the club for 8th evening (regular lawn for a member with so many guests is frowned upon hence the private lawn idea).

He will revert back tomorrow before lunch time whether he could manage the booking for the private party or not. Chances are 75 %.

If the booking gets okayed, the deal goes like this :

The venue will host 2 parties, 1 being Team-BHPians and 1 being an Alumni ReUnion.

The bills will be made out separately for both the groups.

The decibel level of T-BHPians will not be a bother for the other group since that group will be me and my batchmates (we are expected to be 6/7 of us).

Keeping my fingers crossed - else I need to figure out another venue for the reunion.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hey why hasnt Absynthguzzler not yet confirmed?Arun,you need to come and give us a detailed version of the AP to AP trip.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:24   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice, really nice to see so many folks participating. Looks like Hyderabad TBHP is on a recovery path

January Meet:

Confirmations:
  1. Hillram
  2. Mobike008
  3. MileCruncher+1
  4. Tirthankar
  5. Ravveendra
  6. Pulsar56
  7. Zen91
  8. KKRK2
  9. Jaizcrazy
  10. Himanshugoswami
  11. Suren
  12. adzegeek
  13. Abysnthguzzler ( Aren't you coming??)
Now only thing that remains to be decided is the venue. Options are as follows :-

1. Boats Club
2. Club Kohinoor
3. Hill Cview Resort

Lets wait for Hyd_Traveller and KKRk2 to confirm on Boats club first before deciding what to do next.

Old 6th January 2010, 15:34   #73
BHPian

Sorry guys , I'll be tentative or maybe even a " hi , how you doing .. gosh its hot in Hyd so goodbye" types. There are a few family and extended family(ahem) commitments after such a long break.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Avi Bhai..Where is this Hill Cview resort?

Last edited by hillram : 6th January 2010 at 15:50.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:42   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Avi Bhai..Where is this Hill Cviee resort?
MC, care to clarify?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks