Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 20:23   #16
MX6
Senior - BHPian

My responses below. And VRP. Biking again is it? Good. It's been over 18 years since I rode a bike. Actually, I never rode one properly enough. So I'm going to try riding your Bike on the plateau!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post

Finish off breakfast by 8AM or so, so that we can reach straight for Kaas. Seeing the flowers and the lake is going to take some time - especially if people want to stop shoot pictures. So set deadline (flexible to an extent) for the points.

Leave 8AM from Satara is what you mentioned I guess. I'd second that.

Come back to Satara Boghda (tunnel) (say by 12.30 ~ 1.30). If lunch can be arranged enroute to Tosegar, then there will enough time to spare at Tosegar.
I'm not sure about Tosegar. If the sun plays truant in the first half, then I'd like to go back to Kaas after lunch. I might even pack some sandwiches to have extended time there. Anyway, based on what the consensus is, I'll try to work around that. I'm going to be there for 2 full days, of which one day is going to be completely Kaas!

People wanting to return to Bangalore the same day, can skip Tosegar if their schedule doesn't permit.
Bangalore people will reach Kolhapur in the night as they plan to start at 3 pm. If they leave Kolhapur at 6:30, they will be at Kaas by 9 - 9:30! That's what I'd suggest.

StarV, drive from Tumkur to Satara at a stretch may be tough. Can you contact paragsachania? He has given good info on the route.. including places to stay and eat. Personally, I feel you should reach Belgaum by 10 PM and halt there. Next day (25th), visit Kolhapur and a couple of places nearby, so as to reach Satara by night.
StarV is another marathon runner. He'll do direct Tumkur Mumbai and then roam around if it takes that. So it's the others' from Bangalore who should think whether they can do that stretch. I feel that it would be good if they make it to Kolhapur and halt that night there and then make it to Kaas the next morning. They can move in to a hotel in Satara that night. Finish Toseghar and then go back to Bangalore on Sunday. That I'll leave it to Star to check with Bangalore people.
Old 19th July 2010, 22:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A couple of things to add, if I may.

1]Finish off breakfast by 8AM or so, so that we can reach straight for Kaas. Seeing the flowers and the lake is going to take some time - especially if people want to stop shoot pictures. So set deadline (flexible to an extent) for the points.

2]Come back to Satara Boghda (tunnel) (say by 12.30 ~ 1.30). If lunch can be arranged enroute to Tosegar, then there will enough time to spare at Tosegar.
Return from Tosegar by 5.30~6.00.
I have something to add.

1]a] I suppose, you are talking about finish off breakfast by 8 am in satara. In this case, people who are coming from pune have to leave pune by 5 am which may be difficult for some guys.
If you are talking about finish off breakfast by 8 am at pune, then there is no problem.
b]I suppose, some members like starv and mx6 are more interested in photography of the place.
Looking by photography point of view, golden hours are the best time.
The suggested timing in my itinerary take care of golden hours.
c] If the d-day is sunny day at kaas, then remember, there is no shade in the afternoon , only small bushes can not provide enough shade/shelter.

2]a] There is a good veg restaurant named Prakrati ayurvedic resort on satara-kaas road which is @5 km from satara. we had taken dinner at that place when i arranged family trip of 40 pax to bamnoli for my club in 2006.
b] Thoseghar waterfall is must place. People will miss something if they skip thoseghar.

Btw, i am not photography person, any timetable will be suitable for me.
Those who really interested in photography decide suitable time at kaas, we will follow you.
Old 19th July 2010, 22:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

My personal preference is to reach Satara by midnight and stay there itself so that morning is bit more relaxed. My previous drives from Bangalore to Mumbai, We have started at approx 2:30 PM from Bangalore and have reached Belgaum by 10 PM, Satara being another 3 hours from Belgaum. I assume we can reach Satara by 1 AM max.

Of course while traveling in a group/convoy, timings can go bit here-there.
i am okay with the group decision eventually depending on how many people would join form Bangalore.

I would like to spend one evening at Kaas and next day morning again for the pictures. this way we can cover both the timings (golden hours). Rest of the time viz. forenoon of the day 1 (9 AM to 4 PM) and till noon time of day 2 (9 AM to 12 noon) is available for rest of the site seeing.

Still we have plenty of days to plan out the schedule.
Old 20th July 2010, 14:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I have something to add.

1]a] I suppose, you are talking about finish off breakfast by 8 am in satara. In this case, people who are coming from pune have to leave pune by 5 am which may be difficult for some guys.
5:00 AM from Pune
AP saheb...What will I do. I will have to leave Mumbai at 2:30 AM or on the flip side come on Saturday and see some of the places and do an overnight stay at Satara
Old 20th July 2010, 15:09   #20
BHPian

I think the earlier plan of 10am meet near Satara tunnel is the best option. We can start off at 7.30am from Pune and reach by 10am.

--Vikrant
Old 20th July 2010, 15:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
5:00 AM from Pune
AP saheb...What will I do. I will have to leave Mumbai at 2:30 AM or on the flip side come on Saturday and see some of the places and do an overnight stay at Satara
5 am start from pune is not possible for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
I think the earlier plan of 10am meet near Satara tunnel is the best option. We can start off at 7.30am from Pune and reach by 10am.

--Vikrant
Thats what i am suggesting.
As this will be with family, its hard for ladies and children to be ready before 7 am in any case.

But as starv suggested, late drive day come nearby, we will decide accordingly.
Old 20th July 2010, 15:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
My responses below. And VRP. Biking again is it? Good. It's been over 18 years since I rode a bike. Actually, I never rode one properly enough. So I'm going to try riding your Bike on the plateau!
I will be honoured!! But who's gonna be on the pillion??

Quote:
I suppose, you are talking about finish off breakfast by 8 am in satara. In this case, people who are coming from pune have to leave pune by 5 am which may be difficult for some guys.

2]There is a good veg restaurant named Prakrati ayurvedic resort on satara-kaas road which is @5 km from satara.

b] Thoseghar waterfall is must place. People will miss something if they skip thoseghar.
Hmm, all our trips start between 5 ~ 5.30 AM. I think MX6 kind of follows the same time. This way you catch the sunrise and sunset... but, yes you are right that it will be difficult for those with family

Will check the hotel the next time I am there.

Thosegar - fully agree. But can't compel anyone, can we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
What will I do. I will have to leave Mumbai at 2:30 AM or on the flip side come on Saturday and see some of the places and do an overnight stay at Satara
It would be possible for me to accommodate a couple of people - will keep in mind your dilemma, and if my friend declines to join me, you can stay with me.

Quote:
Quite right - what I had intended was just to give an idea how the trip will be made.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_3306 View Post
Hi everyone. Consider me in for this meet tentatively.

@ f1fan: I did a quick visit to Thoseghar yesterday after my work in Satara. We really need to enquire about food available at that place. I guess one need to inform in advance to whatever couple of joints are available there. I came back to satara as i did not get anything there and also I was doubtful about the quality of food they provide.
Quote:
Right observations.

As season is not started yet, the food joints are still not prepared for the season.

As earlier mentioned, that is remote place and we have to manage with whatever is available there.

Turboholic may assist us for food.
Very frankly I am not too worried about food. MX6 would be going there a couple of weekends before we go and we can get the latest update on the dhabas. In a worst case scenario, we can pack some sandwiches and some Maggi (with hot water in flasks) and enjoy the same there.

Quote:

Thats what i am suggesting.
As this will be with family, its hard for ladies and children to be ready before 7 am in any case.

Yup, we can lay all the options on the table now and decide once the D-day comes near. Actually I am ok for a 5:00 AM departure from Mumbai if required or even make it a two day affair if required.

Quote:
It would be possible for me to accommodate a couple of people - will keep in mind your dilemma, and if my friend declines to join me, you can stay with me.
Thank you sir for the invite.

Last edited by f1fan : 20th July 2010 at 16:11.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1]Hmm, all our trips start between 5 ~ 5.30 AM. I think MX6 kind of follows the same time. This way you catch the sunrise and sunset... but, yes you are right that it will be difficult for those with family

2]Will check the hotel the next time I am there.

3]Thosegar - fully agree. But can't compel anyone, can we?

4]Quite right - what I had intended was just to give an idea how the trip will be made.
yes sir, all are valid points.

1] I will love to start from 12mati early in the morning if i come alone.

2] The hotel is on right side while going toward kaas from satara.

3]It is just suggestion, we can't compel anyone.

4] We are elaborating different ideas about the meet.
As we already gone there many times, its we who will share different thoughts about the drive meet.
More ideas, better meet.

My friends are visiting Thoseghar on 22nd July, will get latest info.
Old 20th July 2010, 17:36   #25
BHPian

Like vrprabhu, all my trips start before sun-rise..I like to drive/ride in the early morning hours - its cool, less traffic and enjoyable in the morning sun.

So whatever the itinerary becomes, I will most probably start early from Pune ~530-6am (even if on bike - maybe vrprabhu we can ride together) and then catch up with the group at Kaas. I would like to do Thoseghar too later in the day.

Although I like photography, I do not have the "keeda" but I may turn into that by the time this drive happens as I intend to get a SLR soon!
Old 20th July 2010, 18:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I will most probably start early from Pune ~530-6am (even if on bike - maybe vrprabhu we can ride together) and then catch up with the group at Kaas.

I intend to get a SLR soon!
Done!

BTW, just a small thought - since many of us have done Pune - Satara on NH4 several times, can we find out if there is an alternate route? AP saheb - guidance needed.

Which comes first - the 4x4 or the DSLR?

@f1fan, you are welcome.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, just a small thought - since many of us have done Pune - Satara on NH4 several times, can we find out if there is an alternate route? AP saheb - guidance needed.

Which comes first - the 4x4 or the DSLR?
OT, 4x4 is stuck in the mud so to speak, so dSLR it is first.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, just a small thought - since many of us have done Pune - Satara on NH4 several times, can we find out if there is an alternate route?
No saheb/saab please.

Whenever i read the word ''saab'', alternate word come to my mind is ''saap''.[ snake ].

There is alternate route from pune to satara.
Mx6 has already done it.

pune-diveghat or bapdeo ghat-saswad-jejuri-nira-lonand-vathar-satara. @115km.

If you are coming from katraj side, bapdeo ghat is suitable.
If from hadapsar side, dive ghat is suitable.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 20th July 2010 at 18:23.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:34   #29
BHPian

Hi,

I would be interested in this meet and would be there with my family.

Need to stay at Satara and hence if anyone can help me with good decent hotels to stay would be great.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 20th July 2010, 18:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No saheb/saab please.

There is alternate route from pune to satara.
Mx6 has already done it.

pune-diveghat or bapdeo ghat-saswad-jejuri-nira-lonand-vathar-satara. @115km.

If you are coming from katraj side, bapdeo ghat is suitable.
If from hadapsar side, dive ghat is suitable.
OK, no more sahebs - is bhau acceptable

We'll be approaching from Katraj side, so can try out bapdeo ghat route. Besides, diveghat has been driven/ridden times innumerable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks