Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: My choice of participation is
Saturday 12th February 2011, Dinner 2 22.22%
Sunday 13th February 2011, Lunch 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 07:14   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Farewell Issigonis" meet !! (Lunch: Sun 13th of Feb, Mumbai)

Great fun filled meet. Had a good time meeting all of you
Issigonis - Am now looking forward to your home-coming meet
Undoubted star of the day was the FIAT.
SuperSelect ,that sure is 1 heck of a car and amazingly well maintained.Keep going!
Looking forward to meeting all of you soon again.
Cheers
Old 14th February 2011, 09:55   #122
BHPian

Rocking meet, obviously, its taken me so long to recover that I am posting this after this long. The next meet should be titled as "<something> Issigonis Meet" and let's make Issigonis the mascot of our Mumbai meets; this way the meets could turn out superb. "Meet-ne waalon ko, meet-ne ka bahaana chahiye."
Lovely Sunday I must admit. The cutting chai afterwards was something to cherish.
'Twas lovely meeting all you guys.
Old 14th February 2011, 11:25   #123
Team-BHP Support

Great meeting all of you guys!!

Was nice to see such a solid turnout, and so many cars sporting the TBHP stickers

Looking forward to the next one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi guys , I am finding difficulty in uploading the photos , they just refuse to upload inspite of number of attempts.
Iqbalji, in future, if you resize the pictures before uploading it will save you a lot of trouble and it will also be faster.

See details here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...siest-way.html

cya
R
Old 14th February 2011, 12:03   #124
BHPian

Hey guys it was indeed a great meet. I am so glad I made it for this meet.

Like minded people, great food, superb snaps - what else do you need to have a great weekend.

I am sure Issigonis we will have a larger audience looking forward to your home coming meet.

@ SuperSelect - dude you have one car that made heads turn. I am sure for Bhpians who took a drive in your car, it was one of a kind experience.

The turnout at Kakori was indeed beyond expectations - 22 of us, and 17 cars - I am glad with so many Bhpians pouring in, some of them who hadn't confirmed their presence (including me) for the meet we atleast had place to sit

@suzuki san: sir how is your car doing after repositioning the intake ?

Hats off to the guys who came all the way from south mumbai despite of the Bandra Worli sea link being shut and the guys who followed the GPS and added some extra miles just to be there and make this a grand success
Old 14th February 2011, 13:01   #125
BHPian

>>>

A seven star meet.

Met lots of team-bhpians for the first time,sparkling company and personalities, engaging conversation, delicious food, charismatic cars, what else could one want on a warm Bombay Sunday afternoon?

A few things missed, yes!

Some bhpians could not make it and their absence was felt.
I ran out of time to ride in quite a few cars after the line up (the silver Nano, the Fiat, the modded Swift with the CAI, the Alto with the black alloys, the caramel Logan..)

Reason for another meet perhaps

I loved the all too brief ride in the Audi 3.0 TDI, the 'push you back into the seat' rush of torque, even for just a few milliseconds, before the next speedbreaker is to be lived through to be believed.

There were a few Audis from the dealership nearby, being test driven on that long stretch beside the sea, and a sad silver E (W211) going round and round, being pulled by a Dodge Silverado in a shoot for a television serial.

Missed too the BolBolero inspired tea as I had to rush home.

Regards, drive safe
Old 14th February 2011, 13:08   #126
Senior - BHPian

Excellent meet, I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout. It is always great to meet with new friends and old ones especially the one in disguise. Bolbolero, you are hereby banned from coming to meets with gelled hair, in a shirt, with a clean Jeep and especially without your camera.

Save the shock of BB in disguise, it was great to meet with all of the guys including Dippy, SuzukiSan, Stratos, Reehan, Raj_5004 and the Nano guy who shared my table and relished the shaami's as much as I did, please identify yourself team member. Sprucegoose, I am looking forward to your post in the 'Vacancies in my Organization' thread

Iqbal Veerji, you never noticed when I drove away with your car but you caught me trying to drive away the road roller. Superselect, thanks for the nostalgic ride in the 1100, the Mathura ki Pari and the chai. Indroneel, your wish of getting to see and experience the 3.0 powered A4 came true thanks to platzdaturbo. Just perfect for the intended guest of honour.
Old 14th February 2011, 13:19   #127
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Aww.. i feel so bad on having missed this one. Nevertheless, i will make sure to attend the home-coming meet Great pictures guys. Cheers.
Old 14th February 2011, 18:45   #128
BHPian

Awesome first meet for me...was great to mingle with like minded auto buffs and gorge on delicious kababs at the same time. Thanks, Ravi for the ride in your beauty, brought back good memories. Am looking forward to many more such congregations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
it was great to meet with all of the guys including Dippy, SuzukiSan, Stratos, Reehan, Raj_5004 and the Nano guy who shared my table and relished the shaami's as much as I did, please identify yourself team member.

That would be me Khoj, thanks for the great company.

Regards,
Old 14th February 2011, 18:55   #129
Senior - BHPian

It was a great turn out and was really nice to meet all of you guys. Some old faces and some new ones. The food was awesome and Im glad we stuck to just the kababs and didnt go in for the main course. It was stuffing enough.

@Ravi: Thanks for getting along MRX 6839 to the meet. I have so many fond memories of that car. N number of drives on seaface in this classic. Though shes different in colour, I will always remember her in that old blue shade.

The line up cars was cool and that surprise BHPian arrival was great. The E Class being pulled by the Chevy for the shoot was hilarious. Just how many times did you guys wave at that Sachin actor ?

Looking forward to the next meet. Maybe before issigonis checks in at the airport
Old 14th February 2011, 19:38   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Great meeting all of you guys!!

Was nice to see such a solid turnout, and so many cars sporting the TBHP stickers

Looking forward to the next one!

Iqbalji, in future, if you resize the pictures before uploading it will save you a lot of trouble and it will also be faster.

See details here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...siest-way.html

cya
R
Yes Rehaan ji I do the resizing from 100% to 70% and then post them , Thanks for the tip and in future I shall DO the same.
Rehaan ji it was great to meet you personally for the first time .

The situation was far more hillarious when our KHOJ sir announced to everyone stand in front of your cars,for a photograph and asked you "where is your CAR"? and you said "I DONT HAVE A CAR" ha ha ha , he told "OK THEN STAND IN FRONT OF ANYBODY'S CAR.. and you said OK .

It is sad at the end of meet when everyone says OK guys I am leaving.

Regards.....

Quote:
Excellent meet, I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout. It is always great to meet with new friends and old ones especially the one in disguise. Bolbolero, you are hereby banned from coming to meets with gelled hair, in a shirt, with a clean Jeep and especially without your camera.

Save the shock of BB in disguise, it was great to meet with all of the guys including Dippy, SuzukiSan, Stratos, Reehan, Raj_5004 and the Nano guy who shared my table and relished the shaami's as much as I did, please identify yourself team member. Sprucegoose, I am looking forward to your post in the 'Vacancies in my Organization' thread

Iqbal Veerji, you never noticed when I drove away with your car but you caught me trying to drive away the road roller. Superselect, thanks for the nostalgic ride in the 1100, the Mathura ki Pari and the chai. Indroneel, your wish of getting to see and experience the 3.0 powered A4 came true thanks to platzdaturbo. Just perfect for the intended guest of honour.
Tarun ji, I saw you and BOLBOLERO ji when you drove away my car. and was somewhat surprized how you managed to sit without adjusting the seat. Ishould have photographed you in 800. maybe next time.The way you were inspecting the Road Roller it looks like you will be buying the thing. Son Jatinder when he saw the photo of Road Roller he was smiling endlessly.Regards

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th February 2011 at 07:46. Reason: Edited the extra smiley. Two per post only, thanks.
Old 14th February 2011, 20:21   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
That would be me Khoj, thanks for the great company.
Regards,
Hey nix1976in, You will have to excuse me but at my age short term memory loss is a given. I had a great time and look forward to devouring more kebabs together at forthcoming meets. For the next time I recommend the 'Mutton Burra' please remember that, in case I forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Looking forward to the next meet. Maybe before issigonis checks in at the airport
Hey Issigonis,

How about that trip to the other great Kebab Kitchen at Talasari, complete with their organic veggies to take care of the herbivores amongst us. Abhi to even the moderator is in the right mood Great opportunity to plan another meet with a small drive on say the 27th. Just before you check in too as Dippy has very aptly put it.

PS Given the facilities and the open space, it could be a family meet and the significant others and the kids can have an enjoyable time too. Sounds good eh!
Old 14th February 2011, 21:14   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I had a ride in the Fiat 1100 & the Tata Nano...

Oh yes, there were 14 BHPian cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
, a big thanks to Ravi and Nikhil for the rides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Great meet guys! Had fun!!
Ravi, thanks for not charging us for the ride.
Cheers!
Cartman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Undoubted star of the day was the FIAT.
SuperSelect ,that sure is 1 heck of a car and amazingly well maintained.Keep going!
Looking forward to meeting all of you soon again.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
@ SuperSelect - dude you have one car that made heads turn. I am sure for Bhpians who took a drive in your car, it was one of a kind experience.
Quote:
. Superselect, thanks for the nostalgic ride in the 1100, the Mathura ki Pari and the chai..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
. Thanks, Ravi for the ride in your beauty, brought back good memories. Am looking forward to many more such congregations...,
Your Nano rocks dude.. Seriously thinking of buying one sometime in the future - thanka ton for the ride !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
@Ravi: Thanks for getting along MRX 6839 to the meet. I have so many fond memories of that car. N number of drives on seaface in this classic. Though shes different in colour, I will always remember her in that old blue shade.
Guys guys, thanks from the bottom of my heart..
MRX 6839 "Super Select" is a labour of love, my pride and joy. Every single comment on her is greatly valued and appreciated, and helps me (and her !!) go on..
All in all, a fabulous day. Lets' all meet again real soon !
Old 14th February 2011, 21:43   #133
BHPian

@suzuki san: sir how is your car doing after repositioning the intake ?

Hey Vish,

Definitely an improvement. Thanks a ton. Will have to remember to reposition it before the monsoons or else it could be embarassing.
Thanks once again.

Guys, I'm really looking forward to the next meet.
All the best. Drive safe.

SS
Old 14th February 2011, 21:54   #134
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a fun meet. How about pics with captions (names)

Also, what that Chevy pickup in one of the pics. Tow truck or movie shooting?
Old 14th February 2011, 22:22   #135
Senior - BHPian

The chevy pick up was towing the for a shooting. No movie, maybe a serial!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks