Team-BHP - A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/102011-superb-car-cleaning-polishing-detailing-guide-18.html)

Dash boards are made of plastics which are prone to UV degrations.You should used a cleaner containing UV absorber which cleans and protects fading further.You can try Meguiars "Gold Class Dash and Trim Foam".The product is really good in its class as I have seen its results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 884621)
Attachment 25107

I bought a bottle of this, spent and entire half day spraying and rubbing. My indica's dash and door panels still looks the same sunlight faded gray, with all the small scratches intact. I feel so ripped off:Frustrati. Does this particular product not work, or is it my fault ? I sprayed it on, and rubbed it with banian waste.kinda looked ok immediately after, but after a few hours , it looks like the same old:mad:

I remember seeing some sort of matt black spray on TV that restored the colour of faded bumpers/dashboard trim. Any idea where it is available ?

Anyone has any experience with Amway Silicone Glaze Auto Polish?

Would I need to use a wax also after this?

Hi All,

Recently bought Hyundai Getz 1.3GLS in Pune - Midnight Grey color.
I have also bought the F1 Polish & Shampoo. Shampoo is good, tried it once.
However about using the polish I need some advice. Can it be done by hand?
If a buffing machine and the buffing sponge is to be used where can I get them in Pune? What is the cost of the machine and the sponge?
Can the sponge be held in any rotating machine and be used for polishing? eg: an old blender,drill machine etc.
Above questions may sound stupid but I have never used such stuff....

Aesthetics - SONAX SONAX SONAX

Car internals - OWS OWS OWS

Cant say more

Rudra, Thank you for a wonderful article, just phataphati... somebody mentioned about tyre foams, well he is right about the cost 200 bucks. However the one I bought didnt even last for 3 washes. And the initial shine is lost after the first wash. I am not aware of the brand, but if somebody has got any idea which brand to go for, that will be helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by me_sid (Post 898362)
However the one I bought didnt even last for 3 washes. And the initial shine is lost after the first wash.

Whichever the brand, no tyre shine will last more than a handful of days. They are best used after a wax job, service or delivery ONLY for the feel good factor. The best way to make your tyres look good is to clean them with plain water everyday.

If you are not fimilier with buffing machine , its better not to use it. It requirs some skill to use , otherwise it may damage the paints.
I think the F1 wax you brought is DIY type of product.You can use it with the help of a applicator pad by hand.Just apply it evenly throughout the body, leave for few minutes and wipe off...Ask the shop for one good applicator pad..
Quote:

Originally Posted by ankushmulay (Post 896274)
Hi All,

Recently bought Hyundai Getz 1.3GLS in Pune - Midnight Grey color.
I have also bought the F1 Polish & Shampoo. Shampoo is good, tried it once.
However about using the polish I need some advice. Can it be done by hand?
If a buffing machine and the buffing sponge is to be used where can I get them in Pune? What is the cost of the machine and the sponge?
Can the sponge be held in any rotating machine and be used for polishing? eg: an old blender,drill machine etc.
Above questions may sound stupid but I have never used such stuff....

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO - Touring (Post 898422)
Whichever the brand, no tyre shine will last more than a handful of days. They are best used after a wax job, service or delivery ONLY for the feel good factor. The best way to make your tyres look good is to clean them with plain water everyday.

I am using cyclo and experience has been the same. I use it after wax/ detailed cleaning just to make me completely satisfied. :)

Fantastic article Rudra Sir.

I had read somewhere that a diesel soaked cloth can be used to get rid of tar stains that accumulate on the lower part of the body. I had tried this and it sure does work.
Just wanted to know if repeated use of diesel on the body(say twice a month or so) can do any damage to the paint???

I got a line from a ball pen on the roof of my Palio Adventure.
Its around 5-6 cm long, Is there any way to get rid of it without fading the fabric of roof.

Very useful and wonderful article Rudrah sir!!! You have covered almost everything to do with car care.. One stop shop for full car care :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrsraghav (Post 901208)
I got a line from a ball pen on the roof of my Palio Adventure.
Its around 5-6 cm long, Is there any way to get rid of it without fading the fabric of roof.

Give it a 3M interior treatment. Dont be surprised if the mark isnt visible anymore after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 901475)
Give it a 3M interior treatment. Dont be surprised if the mark isnt visible anymore after that.

Is it a product or comlete package of geting whole interior treated at some place?

3M has tied up with lot of dealers. You can check that out.