Team-BHP - A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/102011-superb-car-cleaning-polishing-detailing-guide-20.html)

Hi Rudra,

This is one of the most mind-boggling threads I have seen.
Just one quick question. Can I use the leather care products recommended here on my art leather seats...or is it something else i need to use ?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullfrog (Post 932153)
Hi Rudra,

This is one of the most mind-boggling threads I have seen.
Just one quick question. Can I use the leather care products recommended here on my art leather seats...or is it something else i need to use ?

Thanks

Art leather is synthetic and hence would not need polish/wax or any leather care products.

Not sure if this question is valid in this thread, nevertheless...
The beige seats in my Getz CRDi are turning dirtier by the day, thanks to the car wash fellows who lean on the seats (with their greased hands)when vacuuming the interiors. Also partly due to my 2 year old nephew who thinks the seats are meant to be walked on with footwear.
Is there a place in Bangalore where they do a good job in interior cleaning? Preferably some place where I can get high quality seat covers too. In that way, I can strike a combined deal.
Help please:

Get them shampoo cleaned from some good car care shop and go for 3M Scotchguard.

Hi all,

This querry is for Mumbaikars...

I have an Alto from Sai Service LParel. But there are a few thngs i need done like left headlight glass replacement, some dent-n-scratch removal and also car waxing and polishing...

Any advice on a decent place in mumbai where these cud be done at reasonable rates.....not the dealer service loot rates...please:

Also, is it better to go for ICE install at dealer or at some other place...
Any recommendations on a good ICE installer for 10k budget??

There is an excellent section for ICE advice. Please do visit that and read the stickies

I have a station wagon. On one side just below the glass at the boot area, the painted has faded significantly.
Usually when I wash my car, so some water keeps on draining from window. The faded area is just on the trail of tthis flowing water.
I am surprised as to what could be the cause of it. because on other sie its normal.

hey Tripsme,
about the ICE install, you should get it done from a dealer (not car dealer, all ice dealer), and if you are in the south mumbai area, i can tell you a great place. PM me if your interested.

As far as the cleaning(dents and scratches) is concerned you could get it done in the company owne HP petrol pump at bandra ar any other detailing service provider in kurla.

For ICE speak to Ramee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripsme (Post 938237)
Hi all,

This querry is for Mumbaikars...

I have an Alto from Sai Service LParel. But there are a few thngs i need done like left headlight glass replacement, some dent-n-scratch removal and also car waxing and polishing...

Any advice on a decent place in mumbai where these cud be done at reasonable rates.....not the dealer service loot rates...please:

Also, is it better to go for ICE install at dealer or at some other place...
Any recommendations on a good ICE installer for 10k budget??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 932655)
Get them shampoo cleaned from some good car care shop and go for 3M Scotchguard.

Rudra'ji,

Can you name a good car care shop to do the light shampoo and the 3M Scotchguard for my Aveo's beige interiors? Is the latter only with authorised GM/3M dealers and what is the cost?

Hello All,
I was in the midst of some random 'monsoon cleaning' and I discovered some car care products that I had bought in 2002. These were used in tiny quantities and were stored and subsequentley forgotten about. I spent a bomb on these "imported car care" products back in the day and the price stickers on the bottles are a healthy reminder and I would not like to throw them out. My question is, do car products have an expiry date or can I go ahead and use them now - 6 years later?

This is what I have:
1) Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
2) Turtlewax Leather Cleaner
3) STP Car Wax
4) Turtlewax Rubbing Compound
5) Turtlewax Clearvue Auto Glass Cleaner
6) Armorall Paint Protector
7) Kit Scratch Out

Thanks,
vcash

Very informative thread Rudra Ji,

I have a Quartz black safari couple of days back some idiot brushed against my bumper and paint got scrapped. I have cleaned using rubbing compound and the minor scratches are gone. I wanted to do a DIY job to
cover up the paint scraping and have following questions.

1. Is it necessary to apply some putty / primer for bumper paint scrap as the underlying material is plastic or a touch up job with matching paint will do ?

2. I tried getting Com-Paint spray but it is available only in Carbon Black color of Tata and e-mail from Com-Paint says that Carbon Black and Quartz black are different colors,
but I do not think that these two blacks are so distinguishable from a distance for small scratches. Is it advisable to use carbon black to fill up scratches ?

3 I have located an auto paint shop near to my home in Bangalore but do not know the paint code of Quartz Black can some one provide any pointer. As black is magnet for scratches it would be useful to get small quantity of paint for small jobs

1. you can use Top-Cut - Paint Cleaner to clean the area you want to paint. Primer/Putty is not needed if the scratch is not deep /large.

2. I have used Com-paint on my red swift. Even though I got the colour made for red swift it didn't match 100%. Car paints fade over time so go ahead and get the black available with com-paint and use it on the scratches. You will notice a difference in the paint colour only on close observation. The positive side of it is that the scratches have been taken care of and the price you pay on com-paint is way to low compared to a professional job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 948816)
1. Is it necessary to apply some putty / primer for bumper paint scrap as the underlying material is plastic or a touch up job with matching paint will do ?

It needs all of the above to get a proper finish. Suggest you get it done from a good shop. They'll have the right shade to match.

Hi,
I have a black civic done about 1500 kms. In bangalore, think of the worst and add 50% more to it in terms of traffic sense. Thats all i can say.

I had some very hairline scratches due to dusting and they show up since its black civic. Also, one idiot just passed by me K**ssing my car and left a small scratch. The honda service guy gave me some good tricks.

1. Kajal. Thats right, if you are married, please take permission from your wife to use that kajal pencil that she has. I think the pencil version would be easier. Just run a very small light line on the scratch and use a soft cloth to just rub it around. You will be surprised with the results. I am not saying that its a perfect job but for every small scratch you cant run to a body shop to get it fixed. This trick helps in that way until you are due for your servicing. I was assuming that I would have to do it again after cleaning with water, but to my surprise it has stayed on good and kicking for abt 2 weeks now battling the bangalore rains and morning water cleaning.

BE ADVISED: make sure you get your wife's approval to use that pencil. Or else this is the least that can happen :deadhorse. Happened to me.

2. Black crayon (wax based). Even though the honda guy told this to me, I didnt want to do it. He did mention that in rainy season this will hold on.

I think, Black is the only color on which you can try this. For others u may have to use the crayons but I feel it will damage more, so didnt go that path.