Team-BHP - A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/102011-superb-car-cleaning-polishing-detailing-guide-26.html)

Hey guys,

I did a proper wax/polish job on my car yesterday with Amway's Silicon Glaze.

Dayumn, does it look good...

I don't have any pics, but the wet look and shine easily matches what I got after the 3M package. It didn't remove any scratches though. I used up quite a lot of the one bottle. I doubt it would last more than two applications. But it's worth it IMO.

Does anyone know where I can get Meguiar's NXT? I'd like to try that after this bottle finishes.

Quote:

yogi1771 : here can we get the above mentioned Amway products in Mumbai.
for Bangalore, I saw these products a store (MK Ahmed) in Jayanagar 9th Block.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1092077)
Hey guys,

I did a proper wax/polish job on my car yesterday with Amway's Silicon Glaze.

Dayumn, does it look good...

Hey buddy. Tried the same thing on my car. The polish sure does its job.

I had a query. I need to buy polish for my tires. Can someone tell me if the foam thingi is good?

Would like to offer a correction - I used only roughly 1/10th to 1/8th of the bottle. I used a flash photograph to see exact levels. I approximated badly when I looked into the bottle yesterday.

Then again, I didn't apply much wax on the bonnet because that was the first panel I was doing and didn't have any technique down. I expect a thorough waxer going through one bottle in five to six applications.

On the plus side, while I was wiping down bird excrement, I noticed it repels water very nicely, but is static charged, attracting fine dust. The 3M coating didn't repel water this much, but had better dust repulsion (until the first wash afterwards, when all evidence of the coating disappeared. What a waste of money that was.)

immortalz - i know this is a stupid question regarding an amway product ( i know they are direct marketed), but where did you get them from?

There is an Amway store at Sasthamangalam. It is on the same road as the Ramakrishna Hospital. If you need anything, let me know - I can get them for you.

Oh yeah, I found something else that the Silicon Glaze thing returns to factory finish - my Antec cabinet! :D

thanks. will check out the place - did they have anything else interesting ?

and the plastic dashboard/trim spray is quite handy on plastic peripherals too :D

Hmm, the only things of interest in their entire range for a car freak are:

1) Silicon Glaze
2) Car Shampoo Thing(tm)
3) Glass Cleaner Thing(tm)

I hear good things about the glass solution. I'll be trying it out soon. Peninsular refills windshield wash fluid with plain water as far as I know and it doesn't really do much.

Hi,

I've given my car (Safari) for interior cleaning by 3M at TASS. But, after the service, I was shocked to see that the console area has been roughened. It like a fungus formation. The TASS had finally concluded that there could have been a air freshener spillage in that area, and the shampoo used for the interior cleaning must have reacted to it. Even the glass on the clock also looks like a bit corroded.

I am not totally convinced by this reason firstly because I have not seen any air freshener spillage myself. Secondly, this corrosion happened only after their service.

Can anyone explain me the possibility of this and the possible reason for this?

Appreciate your help.

I suspect whatever they used to clean your dashboard reacted with the coating on the plastic and ruined it. Grab them by their collar and get them to replace the panel if possible.

Hey Bhpians,I have a naughty nephew,who stuck a sticker ( the ones you paste on your cars in marriages) on the door of my corolla near the handle.I tried to remove it,but the glue is still on it.Tried it with soap water,warm water.No success.Also there is some reddish colour which the sticker has left behind.please:help me guys,as I dont feel driving it,unless the scar is removed.Here are the pics.
Also I hope this is the right section I am posting in.

sometime back few drops of garage paint fell on my car but was able to remove easily with paint thinner (works if clear coat layer is present, and maybe car paint should be water based). the thinner just removed the garage paint drops without any effect on that car finish.

recently the dealer stuck a "Vinayaka cars. DIESEL blah blah" thingy on my car's fuel lid and number plate (i always tell the service guy not to use my car to promote their establishment but forgot to tell them during this service). i could easily peel off the sticker on the number plate. I have removed the sticker off the fuel lid but the red colour glue stuff is still there. planning to use the same thinner one of these days and post my experience. once thing for sure: this thinner doesn't react with the car's paint/finish. so no harm trying. just to be on the safe side, wash/rinse off the thinner immediately after application.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder (Post 1104582)
Tried it with soap water,warm water.No success.

Try using a soft cloth soaked with a little amount of diesel and gently rub the area, first try it on a small area and sees it the glue peels off, don't overdo as diesel might affect the paint, and then wash it off with water and wax polish the area.

what is the best way to remove dust off the exterior of the car without getting scratches on?

@androdev (and others) why not try alcohol (any brand - but dont waste your johhny walkers on this - ;-P) first before trying thinner things?