Team-BHP - A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/102011-superb-car-cleaning-polishing-detailing-guide-19.html)

I want to purchase Micro Fibre cloth for waxing my car. Where can I get good quality ones in Delhi/Gurgaon? Thanks. Bomi.

Do not use micro fibre cloth for polish and wax. Use white cotton waste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 924284)
Do not use micro fibre cloth for polish and wax. Use white cotton waste.

I have been using micro fibre cloth for waxing. Any reason why it is not recommended?
Is it recommeded to use micro fibre cloth for regular wash?

Where can I source white cotton waste?
I think paint shops would be having this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 924611)

Where can I source white cotton waste?
I think paint shops would be having this.

you need to start wearing white cotton clothes lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k (Post 924787)
you need to start wearing white cotton clothes lol:

I am using old white cotton banyans for washing car. :)
I think he was referring to soft cotton waste used by workshops, painters etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 924944)
I think he was referring to soft cotton waste used by workshops, painters etc.

Yes you're right. Micro fibre cloth is expensive and doesn't add any extra gloss. Cotton waste should be 70-80 rupees a kg. It's soft and best suited for polish.

For post polish and rain soaked car:
Nothing like SONAX SYNTHETIC CHAMOIS. It may sound expensive (around 400/-) but it's really good to wipe out water from the surface.
It last really long. Mine is more than two years old and still doing well.
It comes in it's own moisture preserving container.

A bike hit my rear bumper and it has left the rear plastic bumper a bit inserted inwards.
Is there any way it can be put into original shape, or I have to get the new one only.
The impact is on the right edge. The Bumper is of natural black colour, its not painted.

Local garage can do this repair for you. Shouldn't cost you heavy.

I have a bottle of Rally Liqui-Cream Wax polish. Instructions are to "Apply light coat of Rally using damp cloth"

Question : why "Damp" cloth ?

Also, where's cotton waste available at ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 925540)
Question : why "Damp" cloth?

Damp cloth or sponge pad (supplied with some products) helps to spread wax evenly.
Quote:

Also, where's cotton waste available at ?
Any automotive paint store.

Quote:

Rudra Sen : Nothing like SONAX SYNTHETIC CHAMOIS. ...
It last really long. Mine is more than two years old and still doing well.
Mine's going strong after 3+ years. Is worth it.

A wash mitt is the other half of my wash gear. Between the two, my washing is taken care of. Use a separate cloth for interiors, when I use Armor-All spray for interiors, or the upholstry cleaning spray.

Quote:

Rudra Sen : Damp cloth or sponge pad (supplied with some products) helps to spread wax evenly.
Rudra, thanks. So the instructions did not mean "moisten the cloth with water, and pour some polish cream on top of it" !

Guess the sponge pad is available at accessories stores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 925557)
Guess the sponge pad is available at accessories stores.

No. Sponge pad will come with specific products e.g Formula 1 wax. Do not use regular sponge for waxing. It'll get brittle within no time and spread all over.

Rather late, but here goes. If any of you have chrome wheels, do not use any cleaning products to clean it - irrespective of what wonders they claim to do. Just plain water and clean with hand - not even cloth. A soft cloth can be used to blot out the remaining moisture. This has worked for me very well after an earlier incident where the service station had applied their cleaning compound on one wheel before I had them stop it. The chrome layer came off this wheel and I had to replace the wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 925546)
Any automotive paint store.

Rudra Da,

What is the cloth called in hindi? I am sure the paint/hardware shop will not understand if I ask him for cotton waste cloth; or will he ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 925956)
I am sure the paint/hardware shop will not understand if I ask him for cotton waste cloth; or will he ?

Its universal name is "cotton waste" or just "waste". I know that sounds funny, but there!