Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:18   #2761
BHPian

Tried "Turtle Wax Ice" (Turtle Wax - ICE Liquid Polish) on my Vista. This product is for lazy folks like me who can't really put in extra efforts in waxing and buffing. It's easy to apply and requires minimum buffing and gives decent shine. (I had not washed my car before applying, just wanted to test the product).

Here are the results:
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-car-front.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-car-side.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2010, 12:27   #2762
Senior - BHPian

Guys recently my car got a rather long scratch. Its not that deep to expose the metal. But the clearcoat has been damaged. Now of course there is option of using some compound which will remove some microns of the clearcoat and make the scratch less visible. But I do not want to do that (I paid for that Clearcoat ). Since it is rather straight I am thinking of putting a Team-BHP thin transparent sticker on it.

Question: If sometime later I want to remove it, the sticker leaves behind any residue? I mean removing an aged Team-BHP sticker after many years with all the exposure to sun rain etc.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:00   #2763
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^

-

Here you go!

YouTube - Death to Omnis!!!

mine is the covered one! I get so angry while viewing it!
You need to secretly deflate that guys tyres and teach him a lesson. He should have come forward and admitted his mistake and owned it.
Or better still, put a few nails under the tyre and when he starts next, he feels the pain! Man, i am giving you some ideas
Seeing the location your car is in, you NEED cover and cameras. Hats off to you for taking so much effort, i know how people are in such places where cars are parked outside. Clearly he does not care for his omni as its donkeys years old and is probably a tad J of you! Anyways, work investment paid off big time!
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:01   #2764
Senior - BHPian

LOL will definitely do something about it!

Unfortunately there is no car alarm in my i20! I want one that goes off when someone even touches it!(no immobilizer or anything! just the alarm! Is it possible?)

btw today I was standing there while he was moving his car. He just couldn't look me in the eye and reversed all the way out of the street!

anyways, I'll be moving out to Gurgaon in a 2 or 3 weeks. There I have a nice wide driveway and a full parking(detailing) bay of my own! yay!

as you can see, this place was becoming hell anyways!.

------------------------------

I think the multiple wax layers also helped quite a bit in preventing scratches, as the inner cover certainly rubbed against the surface.

Halogen light inspection showed light marring in the area(which was otherwise not visible). I just spot treated the area with UC(kept rubbing for 2 mins(with mf applicator pad) with lubrication with UQD at 60 secs)

finish turned out beautiful! quickly applied a few layers of NXT to seal.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:43   #2765
BHPian

Flex Da

My mate brought over my Flex XC 3401 VRG last weekend !!
I got the 230 volt unit from Autogeek. I had to get it across to my friend in 4 days. Ground shipping was free anyway but I spoke to Autogeek and they were very nice and shipped (local) it by 2 day air without any cost.

Whew ! Heavy & powerful. German made and built like a WWII tank. Oiled the felt ring as prescribed by the experts so it is ready to go. Not very noisy till speed setting of 4. Beyond that the neighbors may complain. Also, need to get a stool to sit on when doing the side panels, the experts say that the polisher can tug you off balance due to the direct drive. But this week is rainy in Kolkata so I will have a go with it next week if I get time.

FYI along with it I got the following :

6.5" CCS pads from Lake Country (orange, white, gray, blue, red - 3 each). The number was recommended by Mike Phillips at Autogeek else the pads have to be washed (& dried) in between) The flex has a 6" backing plate so these are the best fit. Also the plate is not interchangeable as it has the ring gear to engage the direct drive. This is the only drawback of the unit as I have read. The other DA polishers can take different size plates.

Menzerna PO 85RD
Menzerna PO 106FA - sample thrown in by Autogeek can do 3 cars
Pinnacle Pad conditioner
Pinnacle Pad cleaner
Wolfgang DGPS
Wolfgang Detail Spritz

I have some Pinnacle Signature II in the cupboard and a bottle of Collinite as well. So I guess I am all set for the big plunge into machine polishing.

I will need some masking tape. Any of you guys use it? What is a good local brand / product - something that will not leave the sticky stuff behind?

Rgds
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:05   #2766
Senior - BHPian

^ Whoa! Awesome!!!!

You're totally set with everything you need for machine polishing!!

Pls can u post some pics!

btw 3M makes masking tapes of different sizes(width)! You will find them at any auto paint shops.
(shops selling automotive paints/clearcoats/primers/ wetsanding papers and stuff)

You might wanna check out - http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4445

Again, super congrats!

Last edited by sohail99 : 3rd August 2010 at 00:12.
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:02   #2767
BHPian

Guys, today, while dusting my car, I saw something very frightening.
The rear spoiler has some 20-30 DOTS in the middle which are easily felt by hand. They look like the paint isn't proper at those places. What to do?

Everywhere else, the paint is absolutely beautiful, no complaints.

The car is brand new, just a week old Fiesta Sports (Sea Grey).
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:59   #2768
Senior - BHPian

Are the dots raised or depressed??
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:11   #2769
BHPian

@sohail99-The dots are raised.
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:32   #2770
BHPian

Sohail - That's an absolute hell of a road you park on man ! No wonder you need the cam surveillance, btw that omni looks like its going to land in the junk yard soon ! The detailing bay concept sounds good, keep us posted
Im so glad we have a security guard in our apartment basement 24X7 or I too would have to install the cams !

Garipagol - Congrats on the flex ! Please do post the pics of the DA & the pads with accessories, if you dont mind, please do share the rates with us also if possible ?

Abhipuru16 - Did the spoiler come as OE fitment on your car or was it an accessory ? The aftermarket spoiler in my Swift has the same problem, though not so many dots !!
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:59   #2771
BHPian

Nirmal-
The Spoiler came with the car.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:23   #2772
BHPian

This guy is more or less using the same kind of products you guys are using.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:38   #2773
Senior - BHPian

^Yea! detailing techniques are more or less the same universally! Its the products that may vary.
For example - That guy uses Zymol Royale Glaze. Its costs an astonishing $8416!!! link - http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-12001-Ro.../dp/B000F3K0T8

@nirmal- actually the hell is temporary! maybe I'll speed up the 'omni to junkyard' process!

@Abhipuru16 - Did you notice it during the rains? I guess the spoiler is plastic or fiberglass?

@TSEA - Nice shine! this might be the shiniest Vista I've seen in a while!
A lil' tyre detailing would've gone a long way to increase the over all appearance!

Last edited by sohail99 : 3rd August 2010 at 12:53.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:10   #2774
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^Yea! detailing techniques are more or less the same universally! Its the products that may vary.
For example - That guy uses Zymol Royale Glaze. Its costs an astonishing $8416!!! link - Amazon.com: Zymol Royale Glaze: Automotive
If i had a ferrari,lamborghini or the sorts, will not mind shelling out that much cause then that will be pocket money for me
Buying glaze for the price of a new i-10(almost) will be something!
On a side note- wish we can have remotely something like the center we saw, here in india. Talk about some guys having all the fun!!
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:29   #2775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99;2008933

@[B
TSEA[/b] - Nice shine! this might be the shiniest Vista I've seen in a while!
A lil' tyre detailing would've gone a long way to increase the over all appearance!
Thanks Sohail. Will surely wash the car completely next time before waxing. Any product suggestions for tyre detailing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks