Any product suggestions for tyre detailing
I use this one from waxpol.
TYRE SHINE
costs around Rs 175
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:34   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
@Abhipuru16 - Did you notice it during the rains? I guess the spoiler is plastic or fiberglass?
I don't know much about the spoiler's material but it is definitely not metal.
And hell yes, I discovered these dots somewhat during the rains.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:46   #2778
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys i need some help

I badly want a wash mitt and micro fiber cloth for my car.Tired of searching it here in bangalore.Is there any shop here in bangalore where i can get all these stuff along with the car polishes??
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:55   #2779
BHPian

@ Sagar

See Here Team-BHP Classifieds - Meguiars and Premium Microfibers - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

or pm MKH directly !!!!
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:05   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
If i had a ferrari,lamborghini or the sorts, will not mind shelling out that much cause then that will be pocket money for me
Buying glaze for the price of a new i-10(almost) will be something!
On a side note- wish we can have remotely something like the center we saw, here in india. Talk about some guys having all the fun!!
Yea! But I surely wanna have a lil' sample to try it on!

I just want to see what the $8000 price tag is all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Thanks Sohail. Will surely wash the car completely next time before waxing. Any product suggestions for tyre detailing
If you want a glossy/shiny tyre sidewall then I'd recommend TurtleWax wet n black aerosol.

The level of wet shine it achieves on a tyre is simply amazing!!

On the other hand, if you prefer a matt black look, try Wurth's Tyre Foam does a pretty decent job!

much better and durable products are available in the US(for tyres) though.

Silicone 'solvent' based last longer but might harm the tyre(allegedly) in the long run.
Water based ones are safe, but durability is a problem.

This'll help you decide - Silicone or Water Based Tire Dressing: What's better and Why? - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

@abhipuru16 - after the rains, expose the vehicle to sunlight(heat) for like 5-6 hrs and then see if they're still there

Last edited by sohail99 : 3rd August 2010 at 15:22.
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:34   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
@abhipuru16 - after the rains, expose the vehicle to sunlight(heat) for like 5-6 hrs and then see if they're still there
Well, it's hard to find sunlight here. It's raining on and off. It's very cloudy as well.

1. I had a word with the Service Advisor at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. He says that replacing the spoiler under warranty may not be possible because it comes company fitted by Ford.

2. Is there some more info about my problem? As in, any article or something that discusses about it.
I am curious to know how keeping it in sunlight would solve the problem?

3. Should I wait for the monsoon to get over and then address this issue in my first Free Service? It is 3 months away from now.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 3rd August 2010 at 15:36.
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:00   #2782
Senior - BHPian

any comments on this doorstep service

Great Deals on Dining, Weekend Activities Online | Snapdeal.com

I have a White Swift (2 months old) so wanted to check if I go for this for 500/- INR and probably not get rubbing & polishing done out of everything mentioned as it'd only remove one layer of paint
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-untitled.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2010, 16:40   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys i need some help

I badly want a wash mitt and micro fiber cloth for my car.Tired of searching it here in bangalore.Is there any shop here in bangalore where i can get all these stuff along with the car polishes??
You get it in Metro cash and carry YPR, or else order it from ebay.in
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:57   #2784
BHPian

Quote:

I just want to see what the $8000 price tag is all about!
That price gets you a lifetime refill of the container (40 Oz) at no charge. So if you are a professional detailer, you are all set. You can cream your customers saying that you are using a $8000. wax on their car when you may be using the 100th refill.

Mind- I am not rubbishing the product, Zymol is popular among exotic car owners but....

Rgds
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:50   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
1. I had a word with the Service Advisor at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. He says that replacing the spoiler under warranty may not be possible because it comes company fitted by Ford.
The SA is talking nonsense! The fact that it comes factory fitted by Ford is MORE the reason why it CAN/SHOULD BE replaced under warranty!

Why don't you post some pictures of the affected areas here?

From what I know, rear spoilers are not factory fitted and is avlbl as an accessorry (for Fiesta S it might be different, but for SXI/ZXI etc, S & non-S spoilers are avlbl as separate accessory)...Though these spoilers are genuine OEM material, painting is carried out by the dealer. For my SXI, it was painted by the dealer, and as time goes by, I can make out the shade difference, though very minute.
Old 3rd August 2010, 18:24   #2786
BHPian

abhipuru@, also ask the SA since the engine etc comes factory fitted, are they covered under warranty or not?
Old 3rd August 2010, 18:49   #2787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
abhipuru16 : ... replacing the spoiler under warranty may not be possible because it comes company fitted by Ford.
sanjayc : From what I know, rear spoilers are not factory fitted and is avlbl as an accessorry ... Though these spoilers are genuine OEM material, painting is carried out by the dealer.
AFAIK, spoilers are not fitted at factory, but at the dealership. Similarly the boot chrome-lip. A recent example is the iKool. Painted & fixed at the dealership.
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:12   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
abhipuru@, also ask the SA since the engine etc comes factory fitted, are they covered under warranty or not?
What about the tyres ? But jokes apart, a factory fitted spolier will be mentioned in the spec sheet. When the first Honda city came out the Sports version had factory fitted spoilers. So spoilers are sometime factory fitted. If the dealer fits one, they normally get the part with primer on it from the manufacturer and then they locally paint the part to match the paint on the car. The same is true if they have to replace a panel. If you visit the paint shop of your dealer it is very likely you will find that it is not "clinically" clean. Which is a must for the paint shop. So the pimples are either dust particles or air bubbles trapped under the paint. You can also get pits (dimples) through this process.

Bottom line in my opinion, the part is faulty. If it is painted at the dealer the dealer should stand guarantee. Look at your invoice, if it is a OEM option (the part number will be mentioned and a rate will be applied to it) write to Ford telling them about the dealer short changing you. If it it after market you may be at the dealer's mercy.

Rgds
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:26   #2789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
That price gets you a lifetime refill of the container (40 Oz) at no charge. So if you are a professional detailer, you are all set. You can cream your customers saying that you are using a $8000. wax on their car when you may be using the 100th refill.

Mind- I am not rubbishing the product, Zymol is popular among exotic car owners but....

Rgds
So true! Mentioning that will justify whatever price the detailer sets!

@abhipuru16 - I think the rain water seeped inside the fiberglass material of the spoiler somehow.

Over at lotus forums some ppl seem to be having a similar prob!(Lotus Elise's body-shell is made of Fiberglass)

- Horrible Paint Bubbles! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

- Bubbling paint - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

if they are really tiny then they might go away by heat! You can try that before going in for replacement!.

Last edited by sohail99 : 3rd August 2010 at 20:33.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:19   #2790
Senior - BHPian

Sohail, Wildon was working on the alarm for i20 (OE). Anyhow, don't go for aftermarket sirens, high chances that your i's warranty will be void.

Glad to know you're moving out to a better locality. So when is Dr. Sohail's Car Clinic opening?

Moreover, does anyone have an idea about Pneumatic Polishers and Buffers, those which run using compressed air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
any comments on this doorstep service

Great Deals on Dining, Weekend Activities Online | Snapdeal.com

I have a White Swift (2 months old) so wanted to check if I go for this for 500/- INR and probably not get rubbing & polishing done out of everything mentioned as it'd only remove one layer of paint
Let them show a demo first then finalize.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks