Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2010, 11:38   #2821
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hey MKH,

Your ANHC is AN. The quality of work is seriously good man. This will put the professional work to shame. Looks like you have a great business opportunity

Great job and keep up the good work but you make folks like us feel bad that we may not be doing enough.

I have a request for the guys of the thread Sohail, MKH, Garipagol. Can I request you one of you to post the typical steps you follow to get this shine including the products you folks use. This would be the best step by step Car Detailing for Dummies .

I don't have access to Meguiar's clay any suggestion on how can I procure them?

Cheers

Sateesh
thanks for the words of appreciation, its all self learning and loads of sweat that has gone in. Its not at all essential to do this much, i had been managing for 8 years without sealant, wax etc and i was still admired amongst friends for the condition my cars were in.
Why look for steps etc, just be my customer and give me 3 hours, get your car done and learn too!!! I plan to conduct classes soon, with live session but can do a personal session for you :-)
The steps to do differ based on paint condition, but basically wash, then clay, paint correction if needed, polish-i used Klasse this time,then sealant(nxt from megs, or blackfire). Instead os sealant can just put a good wax like collinite.
For a paint in good condition i suggest clay, apply sealant and if needed wax or only wax on top of clayed surface. Apply a couple or more layers of sealant,wax and keep adding when you get time or maybe every month. This is good enough for a decent maintenance. If the surface is blemished, need a machine pass of cutting compound then finish polish and then sealant and/or wax
. Waxing above sealant is purely optional, most of the times not needed.
It all depends on your paint condition and enthusiasm. I just cant do away with doing something every day on either car, even if its a short 20 min maintenance activity! Can share more in person, check my PM to you, guess we can catch up in a day or so, PM me.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:05   #2822
BHPian

Awesome work sir ji , i thik i will quit my hardware networking job and start this business in delhi , and only for passionate people as others would think that it is a mearly 500 rs rubbing polishing job.but the only problem is the availability of these products on regular basis.
OT: please pm me DTDC tracking number.
Old 8th August 2010, 17:32   #2823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Awesome work sir ji , i thik i will quit my hardware networking job and start this business in delhi , and only for passionate people as others would think that it is a mearly 500 rs rubbing polishing job.but the only problem is the availability of these products on regular basis.
OT: please pm me DTDC tracking number.
Where there is a will, there is a way and free services to all BHPians.

The Manza looks fresh from the paintshop, great work.
Old 8th August 2010, 18:27   #2824
BHPian

I recently got hold of this Clean Cham Synthetic Chamois cloth after scrounging for microfiber cloths here.
I basically need to know the best way of using it to wipe dry my car after a water wash. I used it today following the directions on it and the results were too good, but still. Any specific DOs and DON'Ts?
Also, I am thinking of buying the Bosch Aquatak 100 plus for 7500 rupees. Any other brand that I should look for?
The Bosch dealer told me that this model is purely for domestic use and should be used only for 1 hour per day. Is this true with all other brands of domestic portable pressure washers?
Old 8th August 2010, 18:54   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Why look for steps etc, just be my customer and give me 3 hours, get your car done and learn too!!! I plan to conduct classes soon, with live session but can do a personal session for you :-)
The steps to do differ based on paint condition, but basically wash, then clay, paint correction if needed, polish-i used Klasse this time,then sealant(nxt from megs, or blackfire). Instead os sealant can just put a good wax like collinite.
For a paint in good condition i suggest clay, apply sealant and if needed wax or only wax on top of clayed surface. Apply a couple or more layers of sealant,wax and keep adding when you get time or maybe every month. This is good enough for a decent maintenance. If the surface is blemished, need a machine pass of cutting compound then finish polish and then sealant and/or wax
. Waxing above sealant is purely optional, most of the times not needed.
It all depends on your paint condition and enthusiasm. I just cant do away with doing something every day on either car, even if its a short 20 min maintenance activity! Can share more in person, check my PM to you, guess we can catch up in a day or so, PM me.
Hey MKH,

I feel privileged. I just use NXT 2.0 wax and don't do the other steps
The issue is the car has a lot of swirl marks which means I need some surface prep and clay.This isn't a part of my Car Care kit. Thanks for the offer instead I will let you see my car and suggest what should be done. Instead of you doing this I will request you to instruct what can be done and I will do it in your presence to get some exercise

Sure we should catch up soon !!

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 8th August 2010, 22:52   #2826
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pics of my car, Klasse AIO then Blackfire 3 coats, added a couple of coats of Collinite but did not like the shine so added a couple of thin layers of blackfire again. Also the surface was very well prepared with Megs UC and major pain in the body! The pics are taken in slightly cloudy conditions and you can clearly see the reflection of the buildings etc around even though the light was 80% good. Hope they are good enough.
MODS: Sorry for the back to back posts, wanted these pics to figure in a seperate post to avoid confusion between the cars figuring here( so please do not merge the posts)

ANHC looks Simply Wow!!!! No other words to say.
Old 9th August 2010, 11:15   #2827
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Blackfire does live up to its reputation i found out yesterday- the claims of "creating whiplash" are true as yesterday i could get a chance to look at the car in sunlight and the effect was much more than any camera can capture. I felt stunned to at the shimmer that it threw up when a little light fell through the trees under which i had it parked. Tough to capture in a camera what the real picture is, guess also need lessons in photography!
It rained yesterday and the water beading was decent too. The only annoying part is that once it rains and the water dries off, the water spots do not go off as easily, they need a detailing session. Users of collinite can maybe comment on this observation- do they also see this?
Old 9th August 2010, 15:59   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
I recently got hold of this Clean Cham Synthetic Chamois cloth after scrounging for microfiber cloths here.
I basically need to know the best way of using it to wipe dry my car after a water wash. I used it today following the directions on it and the results were too good, but still. Any specific DOs and DON'Ts?
Also, I am thinking of buying the Bosch Aquatak 100 plus for 7500 rupees. Any other brand that I should look for?
The Bosch dealer told me that this model is purely for domestic use and should be used only for 1 hour per day. Is this true with all other brands of domestic portable pressure washers?
Make sure that that you have plentiful supply of water. Everywhere in the world people are moving away from hosing down cars because it is such a waste of water. For people who stay in apartment complexes such usage may not be allowed. You can look at no rinse products like Optimum no rinse or shine (ONR), DP also has a similar product where you can get very good results without wasting water. Of course sometimes pressure hosing is unavoidable due to caked mud clinging to the car. The restriction about one hour usage is probably due to the capability of the pump - it is not a industrial strength unit. If you get this please use it only when necessary.

Rgds
Old 9th August 2010, 16:17   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
While on the same subject, for a limited functionality you can look at these pressure sprayer bottles. They come in 2 liters as well. They are good for tire cleaning and also washing of sections (clay residue, ONR etc.). Available in B'lore at Garden City Traders.

Garden City Traders.

# 28, 8th Main, 2nd block,

Jayanagar, Bangalore -560011

Call : 080 - 26579101

Landmark : Ashoka Pillar / Lalbagh.

Will be good if B'lore guys can give a heads up on this product.

Rgds
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-cas1.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 16:35   #2830
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
While on the same subject, for a limited functionality you can look at these pressure sprayer bottles. They come in 2 liters as well. They are good for tire cleaning and also washing of sections (clay residue, ONR etc.). Available in B'lore at Garden City Traders.

Garden City Traders.

# 28, 8th Main, 2nd block,

Jayanagar, Bangalore -560011

Call : 080 - 26579101

Landmark : Ashoka Pillar / Lalbagh.

Will be good if B'lore guys can give a heads up on this product.

Rgds
Have seen this in use at the fuel pumps to spray cleaning solution on windscreens. Might be good to get one of these , what is ONR btw? Sorry but bad at short forms always
This maybe very handy to spray and clean bird droppings, or anything similar. I had something like that over the side panel and was wishing had something to spray hard and remove it, had to use water and micro fiber very gently.
Old 9th August 2010, 16:38   #2831
BHPian

I was about to use Collinite 845 on my car yesterday. Realized that there are lots of surface impurities present. I will first have to get rid of these impurities using clay.

Can anyone help me identify source for this clay? Please.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:25   #2832
Senior - BHPian

Guys need some help regarding the Eagle one Nanowax Liqud wax and paste. Am confused a little as the tin of the paste wax says "With Carnauba" and the liquid wax box states nothing like that. though it contains an applicator and a microfiber towel which is surely an added bonus for me due to the non-availability of the same here. Do suggest what should i buy. Am seriously looking for something as a replacement for the WAXPOL HARD CAKE WAX.
PS: i know that Nano wax is not a pure Carnauba formulation but am unable to find any other product online. Do guide me in this respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek99 View Post
I was about to use Collinite 845 on my car yesterday. Realized that there are lots of surface impurities present. I will first have to get rid of these impurities using clay.

Can anyone help me identify source for this clay? Please.
Hey prateek you can get the Clay bar from Jopasu car care product range. The cost is around 1500Rs(excluding tax and other charges) for a 150gm bar.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2010 at 17:55. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:32   #2833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hey prateek you can get the Clay bar from Jopasu car care product range. The cost is around 1500Rs(excluding tax and other charges) for a 150gm bar.
Thanks buddy.

EDIT: Any idea on how many applications it lasts.

EDIT EDIT: Comes for 1800 Rs (+100 Rs Courier). The guy on phone was unaware of number of applications possible. Will have to call back tomorrow for details.

And check if this interests you, samsag.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ite-845-a.html

Last edited by prateek99 : 9th August 2010 at 17:52.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:13   #2834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have seen this in use at the fuel pumps to spray cleaning solution on windscreens. Might be good to get one of these , what is ONR btw? Sorry but bad at short forms always
This maybe very handy to spray and clean bird droppings, or anything similar. I had something like that over the side panel and was wishing had something to spray hard and remove it, had to use water and micro fiber very gently.
These 'pesticide sprayers' are indeed quite useful!

I use them when I'm detailing the tyres and engine bay. Its like having a nice mini pressure washer!

I fill it up with car wash shampoo(high concentration) + RO water > mix it thoroughly > pressurize it > Home made ONR! (My mixture is also slimy due to supersaturation with shampoo)

(just kidding! ONR(Optimum No Rinse) is a revolutionary product. it can be used for nearly everything!!(Wash, clay lube, QD etc.!! A must have product IMO!))

Check this out - http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...ve-thread.html

And yes! you are right. I cant even leave my i20 alone for a day!(unless wax curing is going on) I just.... have to do something! lol
Old 9th August 2010, 19:23   #2835
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
saw it at shell OMR and it costs Rs 350 for a 1 ltr unit. Not sure of the effectiveness though so did not pick it up

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks