Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 16:39   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Are you sure? I just bought it last weekend. I noticed Formula USA wax and stayed clear of it. How did you find out these are fakes? I even got a 25% discount on these products. This was at BB Jayanagar.
Yes dead sure. You can easily make out by the print on the bottle which was smudged. I Didn't buy it but you can give us a first hand experience. Is the wash good and are you getting a good shine from the use of the same?

Last edited by DieselFan : 25th November 2009 at 16:41.
Old 25th November 2009, 22:55   #1322
BHPian

You were right. Tried the Liquid wax and it was a total dud. No shine at all although the car was cleaned. The liquid rubbing compound did it's job though and seemed to be a genuine product.
Old 26th November 2009, 01:17   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Maglev, almost all F1's I've come across lately in Delhi and also at the In & Out stores are without any importer's details. So, it's really difficult to ascertain the authenticity now.

Then that means that Waxpol is the best,

My dad's car is still shinning and beading water perfectly after about 16 days,
thats the longest any wax available in India has lasted.

On top of that Waxpol is still going strong, have a look.

Will Waxpol the SX4 after my exams
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-25112009069.jpg  

Old 28th November 2009, 01:03   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
I would need some specific advice on car exterior. In my office there is no covered car park and the car is parked in open in stark sunlight for the whole day. Considering how sunny it is in chennai, I am worried about by my car's exterior. Is there any additional treatment I can do to avoid fading / loss of gloss due to direct sunlight apart from regular polishing? Please suggest.
What car do you use?
For most manufactures that should be enough. In Chennai, I'd be more worried about the dust and salt corrosion. Get an underbody treatment done and a good car cover.
Old 28th November 2009, 08:27   #1325
BHPian

I have been using Formula 1 wax after washing with their own shampoo (both locally bought and without any import sticker) and the result is always very good and water beading lasts for at least one month. The only problem is that if while waxing or buffing, if the sponge or cloth happens to touch any adjoining plastic or rubber parts, on drying it leaves a whitewash like coating which is almost impossible to remove. I have tried petrol, kerosene, diesel, Colin etc. to remove it but in vain. Maybe the hardness of Carnauba at work. Just for this reason switched back to 3M.
Old 28th November 2009, 09:17   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
I have been using Formula 1 wax after washing with their own shampoo (both locally bought and without any import sticker) and the result is always very good and water beading lasts for at least one month. The only problem is that if while waxing or buffing, if the sponge or cloth happens to touch any adjoining plastic or rubber parts, on drying it leaves a whitewash like coating which is almost impossible to remove. I have tried petrol, kerosene, diesel, Colin etc. to remove it but in vain. Maybe the hardness of Carnauba at work. Just for this reason switched back to 3M.
Next time this happens, try the leather and vinyl cleaner from waxpol on the plastic area. Works good for me to keep them black and shiny. But do not touch the metallic area with that, or you would get a drab matt finish area acting as a dust magnet.
Do not use colin etc, they are of no use on wax.

Last edited by blackasta : 28th November 2009 at 09:19.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:19   #1327
BHPian

Even I agree to the durability of gloss waxpol provides.
It's been 3 weeks I last waxpoled my car - and it still beads water.

There is also a way to use Waxpol - which makes life a lil easier.
1 - Wash your car.
2 - Apply generous quantities of waxpol with a slightly moist piece of clean cloth.
3 - Let it dry for an hour or so - till the point it's almost impossible to buff off the wax easily.
4 - Again take a wet cloth - apply waxpol very lightly over the surfaces and immediately wipe it off. This should leave a shiny gloss on the surface. Buff lightly for a deep shine.

It's effortless... and within 1.5 hrs I was able to wax my car completely.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:30   #1328
BHPian

Which polish can be used for the Black Bumpers (F & R) of M-800 ?

I was till now using the Waxpol Dashoboard Polish on the Bumpers, and it used to give good shine.

Is there any specific polish available in the market for the Black Bumpers or the Dashboard Polish is sufficient ?
Old 30th November 2009, 15:47   #1329
Senior - BHPian

^^^ That Waxpol product is not ment for exterior use. I don't know if any specific product is available for that, but in the absence of that, you can use any good vinyl/dashboard cleaner/polish which has UV filters and is ment for exterior use. You could try something like F1's dashboard polish, etc.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:38   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ That Waxpol product is not ment for exterior use. I don't know if any specific product is available for that, but in the absence of that, you can use any good vinyl/dashboard cleaner/polish which has UV filters and is ment for exterior use. You could try something like F1's dashboard polish, etc.
Thanks for the reply, i have with me the Armorall Polish for the Dashboard with the UV filters, i will try it for the bumpers and provide an update on that.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:55   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Thanks for the reply, i have with me the Armorall Polish for the Dashboard with the UV filters, i will try it for the bumpers and provide an update on that.
If its a M800 with black bumpers - try CHERRY BLOSSOM - it works wonders and good in repelling off dirt too... again - bit of a jugaad - but works like a charm - used it on the black bumpers of my Opel Astra a few years ago.
Old 30th November 2009, 19:59   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
If its a M800 with black bumpers - try CHERRY BLOSSOM - it works wonders and good in repelling off dirt too... again - bit of a jugaad - but works like a charm - used it on the black bumpers of my Opel Astra a few years ago.
Use it on my tires.. works not bad but not the best. For non painted bumpers and exterior plastics... I'm not sure how to say this, have you guys tried good old coconut oil? try it diluted with water, dip a cloth and use it on the bumpers.. trust me it looks good. The only side effect is dust gets attarcted to it. but a wipe with a dry cloth and your bumpers are shining again!
Old 1st December 2009, 00:38   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Please don't use shoe polish or coconut oil on sidewalls of your tires. It is very dangerous. Use only recommended tire shine products. You could lose traction of the tires and ruin the compound too.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:06   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Good Idea, will try that out..!!

Dosent that attract a lot of dust ?
Old 1st December 2009, 09:07   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Good Idea, will try that out..!!

Dosent that attract a lot of dust, and after the polish is wiped off aftera due course of time, does that leave the bumpers a bit Whitish ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks