Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 20:23   #4261
Senior - BHPian

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hey Sohail, since you have used F1 Shine it all, I wanted to ask you is it a sealant ? Is it ok to use on windscreens ?
Old 5th April 2011, 21:06   #4262
Distinguished - BHPian

Sohail,are the these BOSCH GEX 125/150 Dual action polishers?Because the website mentions them as "Sanders".Also How will you attach the foam pad to these "sanders"?Do we need to purchase a separate accessory which can grip the velcro used in foam pads?

And is the backing plate size fixed for a given model.AFAIK,you have to choose the foam pad size based on the backing plate size right.If so what is the ideal size recommended
Old 5th April 2011, 21:25   #4263
Senior - BHPian

After Listening so much about Optimum No Rinse Wash, got hold of 8oz bottle from ebay India for Rs 600. Sunday morning i went to home town, after seeing Dad's car becoming dirty i decided to try ONR. I was surprised how easy it was to wash car, not only cleaned it with few wipes, also gave the distinct shine.

1) Took two buckets.
2) Mixed few drops of ONR in the below small bucket.
3) Dipped MF in ONR mixed water. I used the green MF for this in Pic.
4) Started to wipe.
5) No trace of dirt after single wipe.
6) After wiping on a side, Like you can clean whole bonnet with single dip into ONR mixed water, clean MF with another bucket. Then again dip MF in ONR mixed water and start working.
6) Just wipped it dry it with another microfiber. I used Yellow MF for this.

Below are pics of some things i used, took pics after wash, i had ONR mixed in half bucket of water, and for whole car cleaning it did not use even a liter of ONR mixed water. Should have taken pics of dirt before just forgot, it was pretty dirty, Camera date was not set properly , All i did was single wipe only! 2nd MF was dirty before only, if i had used clean MF to dry it would have been clean. As the 1st single wipe removes all dirt.

Really appreciate Optimum's innovative technology. And since this ONR has multiple usability such as clay bar lube, detailer, or car wash which wont make swirls, it make a great product.

As per suggestion from Optimum, has been advised to use 1oz for 2 gallon of water. But based on my 1st experience, i think 2-3 drops is sufficient in 1 mug of water to wash a car like santro. Since even after mixing half bucket of water of about 0.5oz, after completing wash, it looked unused.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0100.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0102.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0103.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0104.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0105.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscn0106.jpg  

Last edited by shamanth : 5th April 2011 at 21:30.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2011, 23:11   #4264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
After Listening so much about Optimum No Rinse Wash, got hold of 8oz bottle from ebay India for Rs 600. Sunday morning i went to home town, after seeing Dad's car becoming dirty i decided to try ONR. I was surprised how easy it was to wash car, not only cleaned it with few wipes, also gave the distinct shine.

1) Took two buckets.
2) Mixed few drops of ONR in the below small bucket.
3) Dipped MF in ONR mixed water. I used the green MF for this in Pic.
4) Started to wipe.
5) No trace of dirt after single wipe.
6) After wiping on a side, Like you can clean whole bonnet with single dip into ONR mixed water, clean MF with another bucket. Then again dip MF in ONR mixed water and start working.
6) Just wipped it dry it with another microfiber. I used Yellow MF for this.

Below are pics of some things i used, took pics after wash, i had ONR mixed in half bucket of water, and for whole car cleaning it did not use even a liter of ONR mixed water. Should have taken pics of dirt before just forgot, it was pretty dirty, Camera date was not set properly , All i did was single wipe only! 2nd MF was dirty before only, if i had used clean MF to dry it would have been clean. As the 1st single wipe removes all dirt.

Really appreciate Optimum's innovative technology. And since this ONR has multiple usability such as clay bar lube, detailer, or car wash which wont make swirls, it make a great product.

As per suggestion from Optimum, has been advised to use 1oz for 2 gallon of water. But based on my 1st experience, i think 2-3 drops is sufficient in 1 mug of water to wash a car like santro. Since even after mixing half bucket of water of about 0.5oz, after completing wash, it looked unused.
Nice review of the product. How many washes do you think that bottle will last? Is it easy to order from eBay? Like shipment, payment etc.
Old 5th April 2011, 23:28   #4265
BHPian

Bosch GEX 150 / 125

I am also checking out if the prices are any less at Bangalore. They have an outlet for employees there.
Old 5th April 2011, 23:56   #4266
Senior - BHPian

Nice review shamanth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hey Sohail, since you have used F1 Shine it all, I wanted to ask you is it a sealant ? Is it ok to use on windscreens ?
Used it a long time ago! I wont recommend it at all!! Million times better products in the market!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Sohail,are the these BOSCH GEX 125/150 Dual action polishers?Because the website mentions them as "Sanders".Also How will you attach the foam pad to these "sanders"?Do we need to purchase a separate accessory which can grip the velcro used in foam pads?

And is the backing plate size fixed for a given model.AFAIK,you have to choose the foam pad size based on the backing plate size right.If so what is the ideal size recommended
Basically DA polishers evolved from sanders only! But sanders have a shorter throw and that throw was increased for polishing!

It has the same hook and loop backing plate which is used for all sorts of polishing pads worldwide!

GEX150 is good!! Ppl have used it for polishing paintwork!

It has a 6" backing plate. So you need 6.5" polishing pads.

Orbital dia is less(4mm) so you'd really have to take the center of the pad close to the edge of the panel.

you can get 6pack pads from autogeek.net or from amazon!
Old 6th April 2011, 08:11   #4267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Nice review of the product. How many washes do you think that bottle will last? Is it easy to order from eBay? Like shipment, payment etc.
As per instruction on bottle, it say to use 1oz per wash, this is 8oz bottle. But after using it, i feel like it can be easily used 30-40 times. I think 32oz bottle should come for long time even though price is double. I think this can be mixed and kept in spray bottle and can be used like waterless wash also. Have to try out different usage, lot of them mentioned online in different forums.

ebay link
eBay India: Optimum No Rinse

Last edited by shamanth : 6th April 2011 at 08:14.
Old 6th April 2011, 09:39   #4268
BHPian

Gex 125 / 150

Sohail,

Any Indian option for pads? I would like to get it locally than the foreign option. Also I would check with Bosch if they have any.
Old 6th April 2011, 09:45   #4269
Senior - BHPian

3M has different polishing pads but last time I checked, they were not for sale!!(for professional use only)

If you can get hold of someone from 3M's car care division, you might be able to get hold of the pads they use in their detail shops + the polishes they use too!
Old 6th April 2011, 10:13   #4270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

It has a 6" backing plate. So you need 6.5" polishing pads.

Orbital dia is less(4mm) so you'd really have to take the center of the pad close to the edge of the panel.

you can get 6pack pads from autogeek.net or from amazon!
Can you throw some more light on the orbital diameter part?How does it affect polishing?And what do you mean by taking the center of pad closer to edge of panel?
Old 6th April 2011, 12:24   #4271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
As per instruction on bottle, it say to use 1oz per wash, this is 8oz bottle. But after using it, i feel like it can be easily used 30-40 times. I think 32oz bottle should come for long time even though price is double. I think this can be mixed and kept in spray bottle and can be used like waterless wash also. Have to try out different usage, lot of them mentioned online in different forums.

ebay link
eBay India: Optimum No Rinse
ONR is a most amazing product, i had bought it from the US(after reading about it here) and 1 liter lasted me 6 months easily. I used it for wash as well as Detailing spray.
Now the BEST part- i got this locally in bangalore from Ultimate Detailerz(mkh and nirmal) for almost the SAME cost as from the US! I got a 1 liter concentrate from them!! Yeah, compared to paying 2400 for 4x8oz it was much much cheaper(special pricing since i got a car treatment hence cannot post the price). I also got some very nice spray bottles so now i am having fun using it as a Quick Detailer every day. Its cheaper than Megs QD also and very effective. They said it will be cheaper in the next coming months as they are working out a better cost.
It makes about 25x500ml bottles of detailer and i use 1x500 ml in about 15-20 days. This way it works out ONLY Rs 40-50 per month, saves time, water and effort big time.

Last edited by Sunrise : 6th April 2011 at 12:51. Reason: spelling
Old 6th April 2011, 12:51   #4272
BHPian

This thread has become one of my favorites in TBHP.

From a person who always reluctant to wash my car and was on the lookout for some mail/watchman to do it, I have become very reluctant to let somebody touch my car these days!

A few questions and thanks in advance for any responses:

1) How good is quick detailer from formula 1? Would gurus' recommend it?

2) Can we use Eagle One Nanowax as a quick detailer?

3) My friend, an Amway distributor got a demo from the Amway people on using the car wash shampoo in which they insisted that the rinse after shampoo is not necessary even though the instructions on the shampoo bottle does mention rinse after wash. My friend had tried it a few times on her car and found it to be good. - Whats the forums thought on this?

4) I am thinking about using the spray can (that has 1.5L capacity and comes with a pump which helps spray a nice mist) that Shell bunks use for the windshield wash as a foam gun. The idea is to mix the shampoo with water and then use the spray can has a foam gun. Do you think it is a good idea?

On my experiences- Have been using the Wurth's windshield washer (available for Rs. 85 at Shell bunks') with the water to fill in the windshield water reservoir and finding it really good. For my daily windshield washing, I use a few drops of this mixed with water in a spray can (like used Colin bottles).
Old 6th April 2011, 13:02   #4273
Senior - BHPian

Question to the experts. I have some dried up wax stuck in various gaps and cracks around the car, for example around the front side indicators and more commonly along the windows. What is the best way to get rid of this? I took a toothbrush to task and got partial success. Any other recommendations?
Old 6th April 2011, 13:09   #4274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Question to the experts. I have some dried up wax stuck in various gaps and cracks around the car, for example around the front side indicators and more commonly along the windows.

I use earbuds to clean the mess... its soft and doesnt harm the paint/plastic. Try using them.
Old 6th April 2011, 13:50   #4275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I use earbuds to clean the mess... its soft and doesnt harm the paint/plastic. Try using them.
Will the earbuds work on dried out wax? Aren't they a bit soft for the wax?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks