Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2006, 15:51   #136
Senior - BHPian

great job done
neat and clean
awsomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 20th March 2006, 16:33   #137
BHPian

Guys, it's the final work that's taking all the time, fine tuning all the work so we get everything perfect.........

But yeah, i'm waiting to post the pics too..........

Hold your horses people!!!
Old 20th March 2006, 16:50   #138
BHPian

Keeping this thread tuned!!!!!
Old 20th March 2006, 17:19   #139
Senior - BHPian

Ed,

Very well documented restoration process that will serve as benchmark for future threads. Excellent work and there is so much energy and prayers surrounding your little lady that she is sure to be one fine lady.

Waiting on your updates.
Old 20th March 2006, 17:40   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Ed,

Very well documented restoration process that will serve as benchmark for future threads. Excellent work and there is so much energy and prayers surrounding your little lady that she is sure to be one fine lady.

Waiting on your updates.
Thanks bro.................
Old 20th March 2006, 18:12   #141
DRC
BHPian

This thread is givin me an itch to restore my 1 year old car
Old 20th March 2006, 18:43   #142
Team-BHP Support

Ed boy... you were scheduled to drive down to Mumbai on 17th March. So wazzup dude?
Old 20th March 2006, 19:07   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Ed boy... you were scheduled to drive down to Mumbai on 17th March. So wazzup dude?
S**t happens man, I.S.T. you see..........now i'm scheduled to drive down on the 25th which is the following weekend and my next day off!!!
The car is almost ready, i've given them additional time during this week to do whatever is required....

So sometime mid week i'll have the pics up!!!
Old 21st March 2006, 19:04   #144
Senior - BHPian

Cant Wait.!!... You have just inspired me to get my ol KB100 restored!! (my first bike - hence my tag too!)... So will set off on that journey once the year-end is over!!

Lets just hope Bajaj has enuff parts lying around in their bin...

Last edited by kb100 : 21st March 2006 at 19:05.
Old 21st March 2006, 19:07   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Cant Wait.!!... You have just inspired me to get my ol KB100 restored!! (my first bike - hence my tag too!)... So will set off on that journey once the year-end is over!!

Lets just hope Bajaj has enuff parts lying around in their bin...
That's simply awesome....... keep us posted as and when it happens!!
Old 21st March 2006, 19:33   #146
Senior - BHPian

both the wheels have locked solid!! ... Looking like I will have to REBUILD rather than RESTORE!
Old 24th March 2006, 16:01   #147
BHPian

The whole truth!!

Ok guys here goes.........

I know i've promised dates like a million times and not kept to them.... that's mainly because the painter and the garage never kept to their dates, here's what happened!!!

With me wanting to overlook everything and also do my hours at work it was damn hard co-ordinating with the lazy arse painter, which is why the paint got postponed so many times!!
Plus the rust patches were covered up very shoddily, and i made them re-do it, then there were niggling issues with the painters work[no attention to detail!] and booking the paint booth!!

Then after the car was finally painted and brought back to the garage, there were issues with the gearbox[3rd gear not sticking!] which was apparently fixed before the car went in for paint, so the engine was dropped again and gearbox opened up, all over again!!!

Got the Aluminum checker plate but there was no one willing to cut it into shape for me, lose a day trying to find someone to cut it for me, when i finally do, the idiot cuts all the panels to fit one side of the car [by about this time i was losing it!!] Eventually i left it to Murtuza to get the plates [New ones as the previous ones were useless!!!] cut and drilled!!!

Finally the checkerplate goes in but Murtuza tries to convince me to dump it, yeah right i say, i like it and thats what matters!!!

When the 'box was put back and it was time for me to take the car to my upholstery guy to get the roof and the rear seat done, the car broke down halfway to the place! Problem:Ignition coil resistor was broke!! got that fixed at a local mech and had to turn back as i was outta time and had to be at work! Another day lost!

Then realised that the radiator was leaking too, and i don't like the sound of that cuz about a year ago due to a leak and loss of coolant a friend overheated the car and blew the head!!

Murtuza got that fixed while i was at work and the next day we could finally take the car to the upholstery guy to get his work done!!!.......... while i was at a signal a friggin villager in a Mahindra Commander rear ends me!!! ***....... luckily he just got the bumper which will be re-done! When i pulled up to the side, he ripped away!!! @$$#0l£!!!

The current status of the car stands at almost complete!!!

A couple of dings including the bumper need to be touched up, the windows need to be tinted, front seats need to go in, seatbelts, wheels and tires [will go on minutes before the car rolls out for good!]
Old 24th March 2006, 16:28   #148
BHPian

Good to see the update ed boy!!....

And it's allways gud to keep a checklist and tick it at the end of the day!!.. gives you an overview!! ....

Thumps up 2 yu!.. (waiting waiting waiting !!!....for ya gal to come out of garage!! )
Old 24th March 2006, 20:35   #149
Senior - BHPian

DANG!!... Rear ends you uh.... and runs off!!... By god these ppl have it coming!!
Old 25th March 2006, 01:17   #150
BHPian

pics...........

Here's some pics.........

The buffing of the car!!!

The car......the old wheels look damn sad but keeping them was a very smart idea, in the whole process a set of alloys can easily get screwed!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks