Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2006, 00:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

The owners car looks damn nice. Are you able to get original spares for the car?

Also, what make seats are those and how much do they cost?
Old 3rd February 2006, 02:05   #17
BHPian

Wish I was there with you.... Hehehehehe.
I just love workshops. I can sit all day long watching the mechanics do their work.
Hope you car turns out great.

Keep us posted.
Old 3rd February 2006, 11:31   #18
Team-BHP Support

Whoa mannn! Edmunds... that looks fab, absolutely!! And the garage owner's car seems to have the fit and finish of a new car. I hope you get the same finish on your car. I would love to track the restoration cycle of your car... Keep posting everyday pics.

By the way, which color are you opting for your car? And, are you able to get original spares?
Old 3rd February 2006, 12:59   #19
BHPian

woah edmund the owners car is super awesome man!hope your car looks better than his or as good as his the rims look awesome too what other mods do you intend for the car?when will the work be completed?
Old 3rd February 2006, 13:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Edmund, all the best with resto dude! Make it a looker! Get her ready by March. If you have any difficulty procuring any thing required for the job let me know, i'll try to get it from here. Here are some of my suggestions.

While applying primer go for a zinc primer, would give better rust prevention.

Get those seats padded real nice, otherwise on long drives it could be bad for your back. Wrap the seats with good quality material. Should look as if it came from the factory like that. Get seat belts fitted.

Don't leave the rear seats, do it up good. I had a plan for my car that was to fit two independent seats like in the front. Will look into it when i'm geting it done. Anyways i don't want to carry more than four people in my car. Rear seatbelts, can it be done?

Try to get dynamat or similar material and install it. It should give good sound absorption of suspension and road noise. Ill be doing it for my car. Don't like rattling noises.

New model's front windscreen wiper assembly can be fitted with lil modification, ask your mechanic if he can do it. Stock windscreen wipers are not upto the mark.

While at it, get your whole wiring checked. If any splicing& insulation tape job has been done anywhere this is the chance to get it done correctly using connectors. I hate splicing and tapes - my car has it :(

Does it have central locking/security? If you need get it done now, i have a autocop basic setup. It's convenient.

Steering wheel & gear knob. Match it with seats & interiors.

Make provision for left side door mirrors. If you need em.

I'll put down more ideas & suggestions as i get em. Happy rebuilding!! Keep us posted!!
Old 3rd February 2006, 16:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
The owners car looks damn nice. Are you able to get original spares for the car?

Also, what make seats are those and how much do they cost?
The seats are a clone of a set of Original Recaros...... when the Recaros had to be upholstered my Uncle [Who gave me the fiberglass leaf springs!!!] cast them in fiberglass........ and gave them to me!!!!

Most of the spares are available....... as of now i haven't had any problems with spares!!
Old 3rd February 2006, 21:03   #22
BHPian

I wish I had such uncles

Cheers!
Kvish
Old 3rd February 2006, 23:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of the spares are available....... as of now i haven't had any problems with spares!!
I remember Rudra having a tough-time finding spares and had to bring them down from all over the country.This is a year back.

But, Even finding spares for an 'out-of-production' car is like Treasure hunt.Pleasure,none the less.

PS: I have a small hunch that she's being tuned for the Speedrun

Last edited by nitrous : 3rd February 2006 at 23:23.
Old 3rd February 2006, 23:24   #24
BHPian

Pics from day three!!!

By day three, the suspension has been rebuilt, the brake components have been replaced......... and the wheels have been put back on to roll it to the panel beaters!!

The colour chosen for my ride is a Skyline GTR blue but not in metallic......... the shade will be solid colour to keep the originality!!

The owner and me discuss the paint job and i keep reminding him that key phrase is attention to detail!!!

The key areas of concern, one............ the Passenger side flooring!!

Two the spare wheel area!!!!

And three, the left side of the monocoque, under the B-pillar!!!

Will keep y'all posted as the work progresses.........

Take care!!

Edmund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2006, 23:56   #25
BHPian

Hey Edmund, How does a Skyline GTR Blue look like?

Can you post a Skyline with the above shade of blue?
If I like the shade I may even paint my car with it. :-)
Old 4th February 2006, 00:23   #26
BHPian

my my, i appreciate the effort and time you are investing in the restoration of the car....
Old 4th February 2006, 13:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I remember Rudra having a tough-time finding spares and had to bring them down from all over the country.This is a year back.
I know,..................

Quote:
But, Even finding spares for an 'out-of-production' car is like Treasure hunt.Pleasure,none the less.

That's the fun.....hunting the town for a engine foundation!!!!

Quote:
PS: I have a small hunch that she's being tuned for the Speedrun
Hmmmmm.........hunches eh?
Old 4th February 2006, 13:24   #28
BHPian

The Skyline GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtea
Hey Edmund, How does a Skyline GTR Blue look like?

Can you post a Skyline with the above shade of blue?
If I like the shade I may even paint my car with it. :-)
Old 4th February 2006, 13:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
Edmund, all the best with resto dude! Make it a looker! Get her ready by March. If you have any difficulty procuring any thing required for the job let me know, i'll try to get it from here.
I will keep you posted crank!! I might need the clearglass headlights from bangalore!!

Quote:
While applying primer go for a zinc primer, would give better rust prevention.
I will take that suggestion to the garage!

Quote:
Get those seats padded real nice, otherwise on long drives it could be bad for your back. Wrap the seats with good quality material. Should look as if it came from the factory like that. Get seat belts fitted.
The padding and materials used will be quality stuff, seat belts are on the checklist too!!!

Quote:
Don't leave the rear seats, do it up good. I had a plan for my car that was to fit two independent seats like in the front. Will look into it when i'm geting it done. Anyways i don't want to carry more than four people in my car. Rear seatbelts, can it be done?
The rear bucket seat idea was on my design draft too but i'm leaving that out for now!! Rear seatbelts shouldn't be too much of a problem.....

Quote:
Try to get dynamat or similar material and install it. It should give good sound absorption of suspension and road noise. Ill be doing it for my car. Don't like rattling noises.
I'm getting something like that installed, not dynamat exactly but something on the same lines!!

Quote:
New model's front windscreen wiper assembly can be fitted with lil modification, ask your mechanic if he can do it. Stock windscreen wipers are not upto the mark.
Yup, getting bosch wiper blades with some other wiper arms.

Quote:
While at it, get your whole wiring checked. If any splicing& insulation tape job has been done anywhere this is the chance to get it done correctly using connectors. I hate splicing and tapes - my car has it :(
Wiring on the checklist too!!!

Quote:
Does it have central locking/security? If you need get it done now, i have a autocop basic setup. It's convenient.
How much did you pay for the AUTOCOP setup? 7K??

Quote:
Steering wheel & gear knob. Match it with seats & interiors.
Sports wheel also on the list........ want a basic MOMO will have to see if we can squeeze it into the budget!!!

Quote:
I'll put down more ideas & suggestions as i get em. Happy rebuilding!! Keep us posted!!
Edmund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2006, 20:23   #30
BHPian

Day 7!

My car has now been at the panel beaters for 4 days now couldn't score any pictures as i work on the weekdays........ but i spoke to the owner and he assured me that the work's on schedule and looking good, major tinwork has been done and just the finishing touches remain!

Will post latest pictures as soon as i get free!

Man i can't concentrate at work....... perpetually thinking of my car and wanting to be there to watch the work while it happens!

Anybody gonna be in Goa between the 9th-15th of feb?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks