Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 13:05   #436
BHPian

Re: "My Car Won't Start" | What To Do

Hi longhorn,

I don't think you will be able to fit this in a Waggie.
As you will see from the pics there is a terminal box on one side which is part of this module. Built into the module is an antenna. A separate wiring loom is connected to the terminal box. From what I gather, when you insert the key, the antenna reads the key code and sends a signal to the ECU which accepts the code and allows you to start the car. The Spectra guys did admit that they had never come across this problem before and had to seek help from Maruti to solve the problem.
I know exactly what you want as I have a Waggie as well and keep fumbling in the dark to find the key slot.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 18:34   #437
BHPian

My cars battery got weak according to the battery check results from recent service. Its 4.5 years now. SE advice me not to push start the car in case if battery is completely dead. This will cause problems for timing belt and engine according to him. Can anyone throw some light on this please?
Old 20th August 2016, 11:44   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
My cars battery got weak according to the battery check results from recent service. Its 4.5 years now. SE advice me not to push start the car in case if battery is completely dead. This will cause problems for timing belt and engine according to him. Can anyone throw some light on this please?
If the battery is completely dead the following will not work
. Parking lights
. Horn
. Panel

In case the panel lights up and there are no errors/blinking lights, then there is enough power in the battery to run the car, and push start will do the job.

Any way if the battery is old and the cells are weak, it is better to change it.
Old 30th August 2016, 21:08   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Both seem to be related to a fuel flow problem.

Check the fuel filter(s) and clean the tank.
I checked out the car later, the mechanic said that the car had died out again 1 km on the way back to the garage. He popped the bonnet and found a dead rat there. Apparently some rat made its way and was having 40 winks in side the hood on the belt and I came in early morning started the car and splat went the rat. It messed up my belt and the compressor unit. Cost me Rs.5800/- haven't had that problem since. Changed my parking space to the one away from such infested area. Alternatively, ever since I changed my rear shocks, I have had issues with really bad sound of the shocks like creaking as if something is not lubricated properly and my steering feels harder. I do a lot of Pune Mumbai Pune runs on the weekend and this sound is making me cringe. The car itself runs like a charm though. Any suggestions what might be wrong. I consulted my mechanic and he suggests a "Diesel Wash" to take away the creaking noise of the shocks but I am not sure if that would solve the problem.

On a side note, good mechanic required for my car in Pune area preferably near NIBM, Fatima Nagar etc. I currently give my car to Lucent. Also, wouldn't mind any good suggestions in Mumbai too, Andheri, Goregaon or Malad probably.

Cheers
Old 30th August 2016, 22:14   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilSorot View Post
I checked out the car later, the mechanic said that the car had died out again 1 km on the way back to the garage. He popped the bonnet and found a dead rat there. Apparently some rat made its way and was having 40 winks in side the hood on the belt and I came in early morning started the car and splat went the rat. It messed up my belt and the compressor unit.
So why was the engine dying out?
Quote:
...this sound is making me cringe. The car itself runs like a charm though. Any suggestions what might be wrong. I consulted my mechanic and he suggests a "Diesel Wash" to take away the creaking noise of the shocks but I am not sure if that would solve the problem.
Not sure when you had this done, but would suggest replacement of the entire rubber kit and bearings for the struts.
Quote:
wouldn't mind any good suggestions in Mumbai too, Andheri, Goregaon or Malad probably.
Maybe you can try them. Run by a BHPian, and reputed to be very reliable. They run another workshop in Bengaluru too.
Old 3rd September 2016, 14:23   #441
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
As you will see from the pics there is a terminal box on one side which is part of this module. Built into the module is an antenna. A separate wiring loom is connected to the terminal box. I know exactly what you want as I have a Waggie as well and keep fumbling in the dark to find the key slot
Hello Sir,

Could this be fixed on my Swift ZDi?

Both the Swift and SX4 are similar underneath could there be a possibility?
Old 7th September 2016, 11:37   #442
BHPian

Hi a4anurag,

Apologies for the delayed reply.
I have checked with my SA and he says this unit cannot be fitted on a Swift (petrol or Diesel) or a Waggie.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 10:09   #443
BHPian

Need help with a Mahindra Verito, the car went through major repairs that included wiring swap, now the pre heater light before cranking the engine comes on for a second or two then goes away and then comes back on permanent. Engine would crank but won't start. Could any one please shed some light on what to do here and what might be wrong.
Old 18th September 2016, 15:43   #444
BHPian

Verna 2009 CRDi wont start

Yesterday while driving in the city , my car suddenly stopped on the way. After that when I start the car it starts and then stops immediately, called the Hyundai roadside.
He at that time said the fuel seems to be the problem , its not coming at the proper pressure.
Finally he couldn't help and had to tow the car to Sanjay Hyundai, Pune
Today I got a call from them and they are saying that the started Motor has to be replaced and it would cost 20k.

My questions
1) How do I know if the diagnosis is correct, how does the car behave when there is a starter motor problem.
2) If the starter motor is the problem why would the car stop while driving.

Any help suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 17:29   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Verna 2009 CRDi wont start

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouravsinha View Post
My questions
1) How do I know if the diagnosis is correct, how does the car behave when there is a starter motor problem.
2) If the starter motor is the problem why would the car stop while driving.
That's right. If there is a starting motor issue, the car wouldn't stop mid way.

Most probably, the problem I suspect is a fuel pump issue. There would be a fuel pump in the rear tank, and if that goes Kaput, you will have the exact same issue. Please also plug in an OBD to know if there is any other problem.
Old 19th September 2016, 11:51   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Need help with a Mahindra Verito, the car went through major repairs that included wiring swap, now the pre heater light before cranking the engine comes on for a second or two then goes away and then comes back on permanent. Engine would crank but won't start. Could any one please shed some light on what to do here and what might be wrong.
Could be one of the glow plugs are shot. Get the Plugs and the heater module checked. A simple scanning should clear the picture.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 20:24   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Could be one of the glow plugs are shot. Get the Plugs and the heater module checked. A simple scanning should clear the picture.
Culprit was a faulty injector, rest 3 were serviced and one was replaced. Verito thankfully started, but still obd2 scanner can't connect to the ECU. But everything is working fine now.
Old 21st October 2016, 10:11   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quick question - I have a 2014 Amaze still running on the original battery. A few days back it stalled mid traffic at a signal and then I needed to crank the engine a bit to get it started. It usually starts on the first slight turn of a key - but it'd just crank a second and stop - so I had to hold the key in position for a few seconds to crank it.

Then the same thing, when the engine was started - especially in a cold start situation, after the car's been parked all night.

Checking the obvious suspect - the battery - showed that while it was the original battery, aside from topping up the battery water, the battery itself wasn't weak / discharged.

The garage chap gave the starter motor a few light taps with a small iron bar to dislodge any dirt that might have clogged it - and I'm not sure that's fixed the issue. The problem only occurs on and off so I'm unable to say right now whether the frequency of such starting sputters has reduced or not.

So - starter motor? Fuel injection? What'd be the culprit?

I'd thought the issue was some dirt in the fuel clogging a pipe but I've since refilled my tank after that at a different, known good pump so not sure but that might not be the problem.
Old 21st October 2016, 12:43   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
...it'd just crank a second and stop...
Indicates a loose contact, either in the external wiring or inside the motor. Can also be due to worn out carbon brushes. Opening and servicing the starter motor would be a good idea.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 12:51   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Indicates a loose contact, either in the external wiring or inside the motor. Can also be due to worn out carbon brushes. Opening and servicing the starter motor would be a good idea.
Thanks!! Two year old car that's only driven like 18k km so I had left that conjuncture for plan B ..

Note there was one loose wire but that was for one of my 2 horns (aftermarket minda trumpet double horn installed and working for the past two years)

Last edited by hserus : 21st October 2016 at 13:15.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks