Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 11:53   #46
BHPian

Re: fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch

Can anyone tell me if there is a PC version for the Bosch software?

thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 11:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a PC version for the Bosch software?

thanks
Mind telling me how are you planning to use the Software with PC ? Isnt it supposed to provide you run-time data while you are driving ?

Thanks
Shiv
Old 5th March 2013, 11:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Mind telling me how are you planning to use the Software with PC ? Isnt it supposed to provide you run-time data while you are driving ?

Thanks
Shiv
I guess you can hook up that device via USB to your computer.
Old 5th March 2013, 12:00   #49
BHPian

For Diagnostic purpose we need not need data while we drive. I just want it for diagnostic. Since i am already having a OBD2 connector which is usb, if bosch have a pc version i can use it with the PC. the current software is a trial one and i cant use it beyond 20 minutes.

thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 12:24   #50
BHPian

More info regarding BOSCH fun to drive.

http://showmetools.com/aapex/bosch-fun-to-drive-app/
harryms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 23:39   #51
BHPian

Hello BHPians

I had a chance to get hands-on the BOSCH fun2drive app on my FIAT - GP90 MJD.I used a VGate OBD Scan Bluetooth adapter to connect to OBD socket on my car.

And for those who are not aware of the location of the OBD socket in a FIAT Grande Punto, It is located right below the steering wheel
Just pop open the cover(be careful not to yank it out and damage the hard plastic). You can find the Fuse housing and right below that is
the location where you can connect the OBD dongle.

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-obdpunto.jpg

NOTE : Before starting the app. make sure you pair your phone with the Bluetooth OBD dongle from the Phone’s Settings.

That’s it, on starting the app, it will prompt you to turn on the Bluetooth and you can then connect it to the OBD. You can also customize the settings based on your Car model, fuel type, Engine Capacity and measurement values standards etc.(Needs a working internet connection)

Name:  SETTINGS.png
Views: 3362
Size:  121.8 KB

First things first, the User Interface is fresh and definitely intuitive.
On the main screen, there are three analog dials to display the current Speed, Power and Torque values and a cool selection menu on a road.

Main Screen with real time values of Speed, Power and Torque

Name:  MainScreenCruising.png
Views: 3457
Size:  415.0 KB

You can navigate to the second screen with a gentle horizontal swipe. The second screen has a dial and digital values of Engine performance parameters. At present the available list of engine parameters.
  • RPM
  • Engine Temperature
  • Fuel Pressure
  • Engine load
  • Throttle Position
  • Barometric Pressure
  • Ambient Temperature

Some real time engine performance parameters as shown on fun2drive

1. Engine idling RPM. (Car at rest)

Name:  IdleRPM.png
Views: 3496
Size:  237.6 KB

2. Engine RPM readings with some throttle (Car at rest)

Name:  HardRevRPM.png
Views: 3312
Size:  239.1 KB

3. Engine RPM readings when cruising.

Name:  CruiseRPM.png
Views: 3393
Size:  235.6 KB

Trip Analyzer

Is where you record data of your road trip, a set of handy features like
  • Overall travel time
  • Average speed
  • Maximum speed
  • Distance
  • Average fuel consumption

To test the accuracy of the app. I took a short trip on Hosur road today and compared the results with that of readily available on the HUD of my GP90. I felt the results were pretty much matching. Don't you agree ?

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-fun2drivetestresults.jpg

Diagnostics:

On a simple tap on the Engine icon. The app returns the fault codes returned by your car ECU. The description for these error (fault) codes can checked on the Error Look up Table feature.

Spare parts

Displays a list a original Bosch spare parts available for your car. Although i would've desired some more additional details w.r.t that part, price and availability. Hope Bosch is listening

Call Workshop

Locate and contact the Bosch Car Service closest to you for assistance on your car's health. Again this needs a working internet connection and honestly i didn't try this.

Error Lookup:

Get the error code description for any generic OBD II error code.
Ex: By typing a body fault code such as B0077 on the Error Lookup table. The app displayed this w.r.t GP90

Name:  ERRORCODES.png
Views: 3369
Size:  114.2 KB

On a whole, the Bosch fun2Drive is a simple yet powerful handy tool and a must have for any car enthusiast.
srivatsahg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 01:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Hello BHPians

I had a chance to get hands-on the BOSCH fun2drive app on my FIAT - GP90 MJD.I used a VGate OBD Scan Bluetooth adapter to connect to OBD socket on my car.

On a whole, the Bosch fun2Drive is a simple yet powerful handy tool and a must have for any car enthusiast.
Very nice review srivatsahg.

One Question, I have a Ford Figo 1.2, assuming this app will work, and the OBD port on the car is the same as on the Punto, could you post the link on which you ordered the BT Adapter from?
Old 7th March 2013, 03:39   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

could you post the link on which you ordered the BT Adapter from?
This is the same question I have too.

Srivatsahg

A small doubt:

How responsive is the app with the acceleration? I mean how fast does the app respond when you throttle the engine as compared to the RPM gauge in the speedo of your car?

Anurag.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Very nice review srivatsahg.

One Question, I have a Ford Figo 1.2, assuming this app will work, and the OBD port on the car is the same as on the Punto, could you post the link on which you ordered the BT Adapter from?
Hi.
The OBD socket is located right under the steering wheel, behind a cover (cover must be removed to access the dongle); this is confirmed for the Figo petrol, assuming it is the same for Figo diesel

I already had this OBD dongle with me.I had got this one from Germany. However there are many such adapters available on EBAY.IN

http://www.ebay.in/itm/BAFX-Products...item3f15139f15

Beware of low cost Made in China dongles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is the same question I have too.

Srivatsahg

A small doubt:

How responsive is the app with the acceleration? I mean how fast does the app respond when you throttle the engine as compared to the RPM gauge in the speedo of your car?

Anurag.
Anurag, i have attached the link above from where you can procure Bluetooth OBD dongle. Regarding the responsiveness of the app it doesn't exactly go along in sync with RPM gauge in the speedo (a mechanical component)

This delay is however subjective . In my case there was a delay of half a sec or so(~500ms). This delay depends on the the protocol used by your vehicle Engine ECU. We can confirm this only after we have test results obtained from different cars.

Hope this helps
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 19:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't work with Swift 1.2 VVT

I'm a long time Torque user and wanted to test this app and so i installed it in my GS3. But unfortunately it didn't work with my 2012 Swift 1.2 VVT, at first it didn't connect to the ECU on the second try it connected but couldn't read anything from the ECU. However its not a vehicle problem or adapter problem because the Torque app works well with my car.
Old 8th March 2013, 19:09   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Robert Bosch launched fun2drive, a unique mobile application (app) for the consumer automotive market on February 26, 2013.
Thanks for sharing Shiv! Tried it on my Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI today (I have an ELM327 Bluetooth adaptor). The Bosch app gives you few useful options, but is nowhere close to the amount of information Torque can give you. You should definitely try Torque. Download here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bC50b3JxdWUiXQ..

Beyond reading out many parameters, if any of you are interested in also seeing another side to Torque, check out a 0-100 video that I made with one of Torque's plugins called Track recorder, with realtime info read by Torque being overlayed on top of the video. It's in my thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3049479

Cheers!
kryptonite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 16:03   #57
BHPian

Is the OBD adapter compatible with MS Esteem petrol? Anyone who have tried it?
Old 11th March 2013, 18:45   #58
BHPian

Is there any OBD bluetooth adaptor for Swift Diesel? I read somewhere that ELM327 doesn't work on Maruti cars.
Old 12th March 2013, 23:11   #59

Yesterday laid my hands on OBD II device for my Figo TDCI. Had connected it to the car for a brief time and checked the app. It works fine. Still need to explore the features. Should be really helpful to know the engine details and I am keen to check the BHP as I have fitted my Car with RaceChip tuning box
Old 13th March 2013, 01:37   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboyz View Post
Yesterday laid my hands on OBD II device for my Figo TDCI. Had connected it to the car for a brief time and checked the app. It works fine. Still need to explore the features. Should be really helpful to know the engine details and I am keen to check the BHP as I have fitted my Car with RaceChip tuning box
Congrats buddy,

Please let us know the adapter used and where you purchased it from? Cost?

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks