Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 10:25   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What is the highest boost reading you got and at what RPM in your verna? Can you post a screenshot of the boost gauge?

Addiction is such that sometimes we tend to drive like a maniac to see those gauges work. I use it when I am a passenger mostly and not while I am driving.

I got the highest boost reading of 18.9 psi but mine is a FGT (1.3 DDiS).

Cheers,
Anurag.
I can post a screenshot over the weekend since the car is not in my possession.
I remember it hitting 20psi , but didnt notice the rpm at which it did.

Yes, on both the cars I was passenger and my eyes were glued to the readings. More than revving the engine just to see the readings, I was more interested in what was going on in the engine by deciphering the readings. Basically, 'how stuff works'.

For example, my Figo 1.2 has a CAI and FFE, so I am observing the MAF, the intake Temp/intake manifold pressure.
Old 16th April 2013, 10:09   #137
Senior - BHPian

I got the same device that Anurag had purchased from ebay. Tried it on my 2010 Gypsy, fun2drive connects but says can't read ecu while Torque (the free app) connects but doesn't show anything.

Am I missing doing something?

Last edited by Desmosedici : 16th April 2013 at 10:11.
Old 16th April 2013, 10:44   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus_500 View Post
Spent close to 20 minutes trying to figure out how to pair the device. The instructions on the provided mini cd gave the wrong pairing code so we wasted time figuring this out. When we did get the pairing code right, which is 1234, it would pair but not connect with Torque. Going a little deep into Torque settings revealed a section where you could specify the blue tooth device to use and it was only after this did it start showing values on Torque. Bosch fun2drive asks you during the application start itself on which device to use. The device also shows up as CHX in the list. Though this process must have worked quite easily for some, we (tharian and myself) spent a good amount of time figuring just the pairing process. The pairing process seems faster when you just power up the device from the OBD port.
Old 16th April 2013, 14:25   #139
Senior - BHPian

I got the device paired with my Galaxy Nexus and it did get connected with both Apps. I also went into the settings menu of Torque and chose the device.

Fun2Drive said cant read from the ECu though connected.
Torque Lite said connected to ECU. Ok, but didnt show any readings.

Now i am wondering whether its an ECU specific issue that doesnt give out readings to the usual scanners as i can see that the device connects and is recognised.
Old 19th April 2013, 07:49   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Now i am wondering whether its an ECU specific issue that doesnt give out readings to the usual scanners as i can see that the device connects and is recognised.
I feel the software is not able to read your ECU but it is connecting, pairing and displaying an ECU:OK message.

I guess in such cases you will need a proper ELM 327 connector that reads your ECU. What's available on ebay and rest is a duplicate type of the original ELM too

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 10:17   #141
Senior - BHPian

The Fun2Drive app seems buggy after prolonged use. At times it connects and does everything, but at others, it connects but fails to read the ECU!
I originally thought that it was my 1400 buck connector that was playing spoil-sport here, so I tried a few other Apps (OBBii-ELM327 Car, ELM 327 Terminal..) and they do connect and give me the Error Code read-outs. So I am more inclined to thinking that rather than the Connectors, it is the App which has bugs.
Old 19th April 2013, 10:45   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... What's available on ebay and rest is a duplicate type of the original ELM too ...
Today ALL of them are clones - the original guy doesn't make them any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
... my 1400 buck connector that was playing spoil-sport here, so I tried a few other Apps (OBBii-ELM327 Car, ELM 327 Terminal..) and they do connect and give me the Error Code read-outs. So I am more inclined to thinking that rather than the Connectors, it is the App which has bugs.
OBD reader, not 'connector'.

And no, contrary to your inference, it would be the OBD reader or BT connection which would be at fault, not the App. The way the reader hardware works to read CAN Bus can be error prone due to signal jitter (low cost reader hardware neither reckons with nor is equipped to handle that). BT connection can also cause intermittence which may fail the process between reader and tablet / phone.

One can't judge based on another App working once with the reader. Over a period of time, ALL Apps will show problems one time or the other if using the same reader.
Old 19th April 2013, 12:06   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Today ALL of them are clones - the original guy doesn't make them any more.

OBD reader, not 'connector'.

And no, contrary to your inference, it would be the OBD reader or BT connection which would be at fault, not the App. The way the reader hardware works to read CAN Bus can be error prone due to signal jitter (low cost reader hardware neither reckons with nor is equipped to handle that). BT connection can also cause intermittence which may fail the process between reader and tablet / phone.

One can't judge based on another App working once with the reader. Over a period of time, ALL Apps will show problems one time or the other if using the same reader.
I stand corrected on "Reader". I meant "OBD Reader" all along in my previous post. Thanks.

The other Apps I mentioned have managed to connect fairly consistently, and far more successfully than Fun2Drive. That's the reason behind my inference.

Recently, I bust a hose on a recent highway trip and the EDC light started flashing. I tried Fun2Drive, and it gave me nothing. I tried the other App, and it instantly gave me P0110D - IAT Sensor Issue. I straightaway traced the fault to a bust Intercooler hose and felt confident enough to keep driving the remaining 150 kms albeit on reduced power.

I intend to, however, acquire another OBD Connector - Sorry Reader and see how that works. This time around I will choose something a bit more expensive and not from EBay. Will post afterwards on how Fun2Drive works with that.
Old 21st April 2013, 20:24   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I intend to, however, acquire another OBD Connector - Sorry Reader and see how that works. This time around I will choose something a bit more expensive and not from EBay. Will post afterwards on how Fun2Drive works with that.
Which is the OBD Reader that you using buddy?

Why don't try Torque PRO Full app which reads and also clears the error from the ECU. You can get it from Google Play for Rs 250.

Till date my car's ECU has not recorded any error for me to try the clearing an error.

Anurag.
Old 25th April 2013, 15:49   #145
BHPian

Quote:

Which is the OBD Reader that you using buddy?

Why don't try Torque PRO Full app which reads and also clears the error from the ECU. You can get it from Google Play for Rs 250.

Till date my car's ECU has not recorded any error for me to try the clearing an error.

Anurag.
Are you using torque pro? If so could you post a screen shot. My query is regarding power and torque. Does it show it?
Old 27th April 2013, 01:26   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Are you using torque pro? If so could you post a screen shot. My query is regarding power and torque. Does it show it?
Hi Abhay!

Yes, I use the Torque PRO app. Of what parameters do you need the screen shot? Is it only Power and Torque?

If yes, these two parameters are not being properly by the app. 90% of the time it shows '0', sometimes it reads both at the wheels. Will try and post the screen shot tomorrow.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 28th April 2013, 00:34   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Abhay!

As requested here are a few screen shots of the Torque PRO app that I use.

Power and Torque parameter:

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-screenshot.jpg

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-img20130427wa0001.jpg

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-img20130427wa0002.jpg

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-img20130427wa0003.jpg

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-img20130427wa0004.jpg

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-img20130427wa0005.jpg

EGR Command and EGR Error (the error shows No Data):

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-img20130427wa0006.jpg

Air Intake Temperature and Intake Manifold Pressure:

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-img20130427wa0007.jpg

Turbo Boost Pressure:

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-img20130427wa0008.jpg

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 03:28   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Abhay!

As requested here are a few screen shots of the Torque PRO app that I use.

Cheers,
Anurag.
After seeing I guess its correct, but my question is, where does this get the data from? As in does it have a database of car's power and torque, then it gathers info of throttle position and rpm and calculate how my power and torque is being produced or does it actually measure the actual torque and power. My reason is because, the fun2drive app, doesnt show my power ever above 150 and torque above 210(which is stock specs), are the two apps really that different?(fun2drive and torque pro)
Old 28th April 2013, 03:42   #149
BANNED

Quote:
It gathers info of throttle position and rpm and calculate how my power and torque is being produced or does it actually measure the actual torque and power.
It does gather information from the throttle position and RPM as the torque and power dials were showing '0' when no throttle input was given. Under acceleration is what these values are generated by the app.

Gurus please enlighten.

Quote:
Are the two apps really that different?(fun2drive and torque pro)
This question is out of my reach as the Fun2Drive App didn't connect to my OBD reader.

May be the two apps read the data differently with different response times to sensor for gathering information and giving an output.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:48   #150
BHPian

I drive a 2011 VW Polo TDI, wanted to know if the Polo is OBD-ll compliant and if one of these adapters would work?
Another query I have is whether this Torque PRO app is only for android? And are there any Apps for my PC (a laptop!) as well?
Gurus please help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks