Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 10:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch

Any App for iOS Devices?
and i do not have a bluetooth adapter,any leads for a cheap and good bluetooth adapter for a Fiat Linea?
Old 19th March 2013, 00:10   #77
BANNED

Today recieved my vgate scan bought from team-bhp classified section. Connected it to my swift but didnt work. Connected to Fortuner. The obd port connects to the scanner but no readings recieved in both bosch and torque... .Can anyone guide me the right way to connect the reader? Or is it not compatible wwith Toyota?
Regards
Old 19th March 2013, 00:19   #78
BHPian

Is torque coming free with these adapters or do we need to purchase from Google play store?

Also has anyone tried it in a figo petrol? Can someone tell me what port is on the figo? Is it Obd 2? Also how easy is to pair the thing with the phone?
Old 19th March 2013, 08:21   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Is torque coming free with these adapters or do we need to purchase from Google play store?

Also has anyone tried it in a figo petrol? Can someone tell me what port is on the figo? Is it Obd 2? Also how easy is to pair the thing with the phone?

The cracked version of torque is usually bundled with the product. But the product itself is so costly that it makes sense to purchase it from websites like dx dot com where its available @ 10$. Ofcourse it will take 10 working days for the product to reach you .But hey, you are getting it at one fourth the price on ebay in. Stay away from the ELM 327 mini connectors. I ordered one from AliExpress and it turned out to be faulty.Later,read a couple of reviews online where in many people also faced the same problem.Suggest you go for normal blue-orange ones.

Most cars manufactured after 2000 are compliant with OBD2 protocol barring a few like maruti suzuki who converted to OBD2 only recently.Its just like pairing a bluetooth headset with the phone , as simple as that.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 09:56   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Stay away from the ELM 327 mini connectors. I ordered one from AliExpress and it turned out to be faulty.
I've got a different opinion here. I ordered one from Ali Express and the transaction was as smooth as it could get. The ELM 327 mini was delivered via Hong Kong Post within a week. It's a pretty slick unit and it comes with a CD with atleast 7-8 different OBDII diagnostic Windows and Mac applications.

Plugged it into the Jazz and voila connected at the first shot. Plugged it into the i20 and the Civic - connected without any problems. I downloaded the fun2drive app on S3 and found it pretty intuitive. However, the GPS tracking which is used to find the closest Bosch store was a bit too slow. But maybe that is because I didn't have a proper GPS fix on my phone. I found the readings on the app to be pretty accurate. Haven't yet tried the Trip Analyzer function, but will do over time and let you guys know how it works.

Anyway, here are a few screenshots of the fun2drive app taken when the ELM327 mini was plugged into the Jazz.
Attached Thumbnails
fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-screenshot_20130315184208.png  

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-screenshot_20130315184220.png  

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-screenshot_20130315184234.png  

fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-screenshot_20130315184308.png  

9thsphinx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 09:58   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Stay away from the ELM 327 mini connectors. I ordered one from AliExpress and it turned out to be faulty.Later,read a couple of reviews online where in many people also faced the same problem.Suggest you go for normal blue-orange ones.
Hi Sagar,

I have ordered a ELM 327 Vgate mini OBD II Bluetooth Scanner for 1500 bucks from ebay, India. Its on transit now. Not that anything can be done now but it would benefit others.

Does this scanner work or it is not a compatible one?

Should torque pro be purchased from Google store or the CD that is in the sales pack contains it?

Anurag.
Old 19th March 2013, 10:12   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

I've got a different opinion here. I ordered one from Ali Express and the transaction was as smooth as it could get. The ELM 327 mini was delivered via Hong Kong Post within a week. It's a pretty slick unit and it comes with a CD with atleast 7-8 different OBDII diagnostic Windows and Mac applications.

Plugged it into the Jazz and voila connected at the first shot. Plugged it into the i20 and the Civic - connected without any problems. I downloaded the fun2drive app on S3 and found it pretty intuitive. However, the GPS tracking which is used to find the closest Bosch store was a bit too slow. But maybe that is because I didn't have a proper GPS fix on my phone. I found the readings on the app to be pretty accurate. Haven't yet tried the Trip Analyzer function, but will do over time and let you guys know how it works.

Anyway, here are a few screenshots of the fun2drive app taken when the ELM327 mini was plugged into the Jazz.
I did not mean that all elm mini are defective . Many are and I was one unlucky one. Besides I read some user reviews who also faced the same problem as I did. That's why I said to stay away from it. If yours is working fine then its very good .

Even my experience with Ali express was very good. Product was delivered in ten days. They even refunded my money when I raised the dispute for the defective product.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th March 2013 at 10:18.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:02   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hi Sagar,

I have ordered a ELM 327 Vgate mini OBD II Bluetooth Scanner for 1500 bucks from ebay, India. Its on transit now. Not that anything can be done now but it would benefit others.

Does this scanner work or it is not a compatible one?

Should torque pro be purchased from Google store or the CD that is in the sales pack contains it?

Anurag.

Hi anurag, yes the scanner is a compatible one! Even if it does not work you have eBay gaurentee with with you can get a refund or a new product! Enjoy

If the seller mentions he will be giving Torque pro too then he should have bundled it with the CD given
Old 19th March 2013, 11:08   #84
BANNED

Quote:

Hi anurag, yes the scanner is a compatible one! Even if it does not work you have eBay gaurentee with with you can get a refund or a new product! Enjoy

If the seller mentions he will be giving Torque pro too then he should have bundled it with the CD given
Oh thanks Sagar.

I will contact the seller right away regarding the software being sent. Once I get an update from him will update this thread.

Anurag.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:31   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Today recieved my vgate scan bought from team-bhp classified section. Connected it to my swift but didnt work. Connected to Fortuner. The obd port connects to the scanner but no readings recieved in both bosch and torque... .Can anyone guide me the right way to connect the reader? Or is it not compatible wwith Toyota?
Regards
Guys
Help appreciated. ...
Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 11:54   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
Help appreciated. ...
Thanks

Did you pair it properly and select the OBDII device from Torque settings window?
Old 19th March 2013, 12:00   #87
BANNED

Quote:

Did you pair it properly and select the OBDII device from Torque settings window?
Yes Sir...but no readings. It shows connected. ..
Regards
Dilipkumar
Old 19th March 2013, 12:52   #88
BANNED

Just contacted the sender from where I purchased my scanner tool.

He says that the CD contains only demo software and if the use is done through mobile then it must be done through Google Play Store.

Anurag.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Just contacted the sender from where I purchased my scanner tool.

He says that the CD contains only demo software and if the use is done through mobile then it must be done through Google Play Store.

Anurag.
Since this is apparently the fun2drive thread, why don't you give that one a try? It's a free download from the Google Play Store and it has many, if not all, functions that the (paid) Torque app has to offer.

If you're going to use your PC, there's always alternate ways to download paid software. Google is your best friend!
Old 20th March 2013, 11:49   #90
BHPian

Was searching for an OBD 2 bluetooth device and found the below. The best part is, this guy has referred Team-BHP threads as a reference for additional information. (Scroll down to the end of the description).

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ELM327-OBDII-...item27ceeecb94

Also, Anurag, can you click an image of the OBD connector location in your car please?

Disclaimer: I do not have any relation with the seller, I did not order/buy this product.

Last edited by xydon : 20th March 2013 at 11:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks