Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2015, 09:55   #781
BHPian

Re: Which is the Best Car Battery Brand?

Do Exide users actually visit the dealer every 3 months to update the inspection booklet? I do not find time to do this and Exide actually refused to honour the warranty when my battery failed after 2 yrs 4 months since my inspection booklet/guarantee card was not updated.
My plea that I have the equipment to check the battery and do it myself occassionally fell on deaf Exide ears.
Old 24th May 2015, 11:32   #782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
Do Exide users actually visit the dealer every 3 months to update the inspection booklet? I do not find time to do this and Exide actually refused to honour the warranty when my battery failed after 2 yrs 4 months since my inspection booklet/guarantee card was not updated.
My plea that I have the equipment to check the battery and do it myself occassionally fell on deaf Exide ears.
While an 'inspection' is recommended, it is not mandatory in my experience. I have used Exide for over 2 decades and in the 1-2 times that I went in for a warranty replacement there were no hassles. This is probably left to the dealer to assure Exide of proper maintenance. Dad's car runs the Exide Matrix, purchased in early 2011 and still going strong. The only maintenance it required was a distilled water top up which was done thru the magic eye by the dealer. This was after about 2 1/2 years of use.

IIRC Amaron which is used in the other car does not mandate periodic checks.
Old 24th May 2015, 11:49   #783
BHPian

Next battery is Amaron.

Although a diehard Exide user for the past 40 years and have never needed a warranty replacement as all my batteries have lasted way over the warranty period, I do not support this policy.

If the water level is ok ,charging system is ok, terminals are clean, all of which I do myself, still the battery is found dead suddenly, the warranty should be honoured. It is not possible to run to the dealer every 3 months to update the inspection book with the fear that one day I might need the warranty.

So goodbye Exide.
Old 24th May 2015, 13:00   #784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
So goodbye Exide.
I don't blame you. I too said goodbye to Exide after 20-25 years. My 1st Amaron was purchased in 2013 and the next battery will in all probability be an Amaron too. I considered Tata Green batteries but the the required models are difficult to find.
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:08   #785
BHPian

I need to get Swift Dzire battery replaced. I prefer Amaron but 65 Ah Go battery has only 18 months warranty and 18 months pro data basis. Feedback from battery guy is not very good. There is another FL battery with 48 months warranty which is 60 Ah but recommended is 65.

Any suggestion which one to go for?
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:53   #786
Senior - BHPian

From the amperage it is clear that yours is a diesel vehicle. Irrespective of the brand get the one that matches the ampere ratings. There are various brands in the market like AC Delco, Standard Furukawa etc apart from Exide & Amaron. I have tried them all and have no reasons to complain, infact I have even used 'Rahima Farooz' manufactured 'GLOBATT' and even that was very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
I need to get Swift Dzire battery replaced. I prefer Amaron but 65 Ah Go battery has only 18 months warranty and 18 months pro data basis. Feedback from battery guy is not very good. There is another FL battery with 48 months warranty which is 60 Ah but recommended is 65.

Any suggestion which one to go for?
Old 26th September 2015, 14:11   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

My Exide Matrix died on me today. It was 6 years 3 months old, so I guess it had lived its life graciously!!

I have ordered Amaron Pro this time, hope I won't be dissatisfied with my choice. Ordered on Batterywale, the engineer is yet to call me regarding installation details.

Only thing which is troubling me is the manufacturing date of the battery- I have made it clear that I will reject if it is more than 3 months old.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 18:43   #788
BHPian

The Amaron battery in my 2003 Baleno finally gave up yesterday. The battery was replaced in 2008 so it has lasted 7 yrs. For the last couple of years the car was being used on and off, would be parked for 15 days to a month at a time. I was really surprised that the battery lasted so long as the car runs a 110/90 headlight setup and lot of runs are short distance in the evening.
As the car would not crank when I was out on an errand, internet came to the rescue and located an auto electric workshop nearby. It was replaced with an Amaron Go with 36 month warranty for Rs 3200/- after buyback from the same workshop rather than going bargain hunting. Just wanted to give him the business as he came to my rescue.
Old 25th December 2015, 10:39   #789
BANNED

My Swift came with an Exide OEM battery which lasted for 3.5 years. It was replaced by an Amaron which lasted for 3 years. Again replaced by an Amaron which today wouldn't start after 16 months. It's still under warranty - so I called them - they are sending a technician to look at it.

My inverter had an Exide battery lasted for 3.5 years. Replaced by an Amaron which conked off after 1.5 years and replaced under warranty.

This is the last time I am going to use Amaron. Exide for life.

Exide seems to be solid value for money.
Old 3rd January 2016, 15:18   #790

I had a 2012 Fluidic Diesel Verna which had OEM EXIDE battery (MF68LBCI, 68AH, 600CCA). It conked off yesterday and called up various battery dealers in Dwarka New Delhi. Finally opted for AMARON 90D23L from Popli batteries, which costed me 4200 (after exchanging the old battery). Battery seller trying to push Exide SF Sonic (FS144068LBH) for Rs. 4100. I was also considering Exide Matrix (75D23L) which was for Rs. 4500, however after reading several negative reviews on TBHP forums, I opted for Amaron. Even my regular car mechanic recommended me to go for Amaron.

Mod's Note: Please avoid typing in an external editor. Doing so causes the addition of unsupported format tags in your post rendering them unreadable. Type directly in the editor here.

Post cleaned up.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd January 2016 at 16:08.
Old 17th January 2016, 19:49   #791
BHPian

Got the Maruti OEM Amaron battery of A-Star Automatic changed today.
Replaced it with Tata Green Premio PR 4000R with 30+30 month coverage.
Price was 3060 rs along with OEM Amaron battery in exchange.

OEM battery lasted for nearly 4 years as I got the car on 27 Jan 2012 so it lived for 4 years. It was in trouble from some time and I had to call maruti roadside assistance and CrossRoads for jump start 2 times in last 1 year plus today. Took it for a check where the cranked load voltage was rated at 7.9 and the Tata green battery tester showed its condition as Bad.

It has CCA of 415. How are Tata Green Batteries BTW?
Old 30th January 2016, 16:51   #792
BHPian

Is it important for one to check the manufacturing date before one buys a battery? The dealers are very reluctant to guide to the manufacturing date of a battery. Where can one find this information in a new battery?
Old 30th January 2016, 16:56   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
Is it important for one to check the manufacturing date before one buys a battery? The dealers are very reluctant to guide to the manufacturing date of a battery. Where can one find this information in a new battery?

Yes it is important to check the manufacturing date. Batteries experience self discharge as they sit on the shelf. This applies to hot countries like India but happens in colder climes as well.

Once the charge drops below 90% sulphation (a crystal like coating on the plates) sets in and this can affect battery performance and life.

Amaron batteries have the date of manufacture on the bar code stuck to the battery. While Exide has it in the serial no. The last 4 digits are generally the month and year of manufacture.

Buy batteries from a well known dealer who will probably attract more customers. Fast moving stock generally means fresher batteries.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 12:34   #794
BHPian

Like SF Sonic and Exide are from Same manufacturer, Are Amron and AC Delco also from same manufacturer?

Someone please clarify.

Thanks.
Old 6th April 2016, 13:30   #795
ISO
BANNED

Here I have slight different opinion. Buy any battery but do proper maintenance for maximum life. Check alternator voltage. Must be 13.8 v not less not more. Battery terminals are lubricated with petroleum jelly. Battery is fixed properly and not vibrating. Some Maintenance free battery still need water topping up at six month interval.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks