Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th October 2017, 01:27   #226
BHPian

Hi all time for the latest update:
So the car was sent to the ass for a noise coming from the rear on going over speed breakers or uneven roads.. I thought that maybe the rear shockers have finally reached the end of their life even though my car is self driven and very carefully at that. The car was at the ass for a day and a half where they checked the entire rear suspension but couldn't find any fault but towards the end they finally found the Stepney to be loose which was making the noise. The gm had a good laugh about it on the phone with me.
The replacement key that was ordered proved to be a dud since the company just sent the metal part and not the complete key. Misunderstanding of whether I'd lost the key or broken it being the reason and they were like if your key was broken then they would replace the metal part but since it's lost I'll have to change the lock set. That is fine by me since I did notice recently a small play in the key when slotted in the ignition.

Iv ordered the same and should be in the workshop in a weeks time or so. The modulator noise is there but only occasionally I guess I'll take the car personally to get checked next time since they don't seem to give any importance to it unless I sit on their head about it. Maybe the workshop itself is fed up of it now.

Apart from that there is an occasional loud noise from the engine compartment on accelerating which comes and then disappears on its own. It's seldom and as per the workshop it's normal but I find it very intrusive.. don't know how I'll get the service Center to heed it since it's only noticeable to me.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 12:16   #227
BHPian

Default Re: Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty

The lock set i'd ordered came in real handy. I hadn't had the time to send the car for the lock set change yet and since the workshop hadn't updated on its status i didn't really followup either even though at the back of my head i knew i should.
Kms done-112000~
Last Saturday at night the car was given in for valet parking, on returning we ended up waiting for the car to arrive but after half an hour the valet returns saying the car won't start. On reaching the car we see that the driver had ended up breaking the key fob and the car wouldn't start with the security warning with a key in it in yellow flashing on the console. Since it was night already we left the car there. Informed the dealership the next day and since the car has RSA activated the customer care from Mahindra got the car towed on a flatbed. The dealership found the chip/sensor missing from the key which apparently the valet driver on breaking the key fob dropped somewhere. Without the chip the ecu couldn't detect the coding and hence the engine immobiliser prevented the car from starting.

The dealership has arranged for a replacement chip which should arrive soon, the lock set is already in hand with them and hopefully i'll have the car back with a new lock set and new keys very soon. While they're waiting for the part have asked them to solve the rear seat noise issue which really can get irritating since it squeaks when nobody is sitting on em.
rugsrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2017, 01:58   #228
BHPian

The lock set has been changed now but there is total confusion at the dealership regarding the Rexton. The lock set included only the barrel of the lock and a set of metal keys without the remote. The remote comes as a separate piece and costs around 9k per piece. So iv got my car back with one key only even with a new lock set and that set me back by around 17k including Labour for change of lock set! If I need a duplicate remote key it'll set me back by another 9k!!
Old 28th November 2017, 19:54   #229
BHPian

Ahh the issues just have to continue with no abatement. I had a puncture and while getting it repaired noticed another crack in the inner sidewall. Iv already had this issue earlier wherein 3 of my replaced tyres were replaced again by mrf. Had requested them to change the fourth tyre too but the technician had declined! Not that fourth tyre has a crack too. Mrf quality is down in the dumps and I'm stuck with them since the size is available only with them. The point I'm worried about is that I hope they still manufacture this size since there are no sales of Rexton happening anymore. Though that'll just give me an excuse to upsize to Michelin!!

Iv written to mrf pertaining to the issue let's see what they have to say about it.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:42   #230
BHPian

The fourth tyre with the cut has again been replaced by mrf. Luckily they had a tyre in stock from my earlier issue with them but I've been informed by mrf that production has been stopped for these tyres quite a while back and that no more tyres will be available now in this size. Also since this size was only manufactured by them in 2013 there is high chance of crack coming again due to the age of the tyres . The only option left from now will be to upsize to a standard size by increasing width of the tyre. Luckily I'll be out of warranty anyway when this happens as I expect the current lot of replaced tyres to atleast be good for the next year or so.

The modulator is again acting up (not surprised) and if ordered the other duplicate key remote too. There is a slight noise on switching on the ac from the engine bay which could be a sign of some fault in the compressor as per the dealership and they've ordered a compressor already which will be covered under the extended warranty. Must say the dealership has been very proactive since the noise is intermittent and minuscule which was missed by me but the manager called me and told me that there could be an issue later so as a precaution they've already ordered a new part.