Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2013, 10:42   #106

Re: Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
My Take:

Actually though service center should have their own allignment equipment, it is quite common for them to get the work done outside either due to their machine not working at a point of time or if they have a high amount of load. Has happened to me a few times with various brands and I wouldn't even know how and where it was done at other times.

Yep we would hope for them to be transparent about this, but they rarely are and actually if one thinks about it, we would not really look at them in good light if we knew that they get the allignment and balancing done outside and further charge a higher rate from us so can't blame them hiding this fact from us.

Actually Infinity worked to get your issue solved (though they hid how they were going to do it) and valued your time while NBS did not value it and were prepared to call you on another day.
Transparency is most important in such service issues as it sets precedent for your future engagements. Would have appreciated had they informed that the TD would not take 10 mins but 45 mins, that their machinery was out of order (not overloaded). No customer will create a ruckus if he's informed beforehand, especially when the repairs were FOC.

The only reason Infinity attended to my problem was because the issue had already been escalated to Mahindra and they fixed up the appointment with Infinity.

No complaints, as at the end of it all, my problem was resolved. It's NBS' loss as my car will get serviced frm Infinity now on. However, there is no excuse for keeping a customer in dark.
Old 10th May 2013, 18:33   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
How about putting up a review now
Was not in country for last 20 days, now this Rexton is going out, expect a mini review in another 10 days. I can compile the review early but i do not have enough pictures.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 19:42   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Was not in country for last 20 days, now this Rexton is going out, expect a mini review in another 10 days. I can compile the review early but i do not have enough pictures.
Wow, I was about to ask why no review yet and here comes the good news! However, why "mini review"? We are eagerly waiting for a complete review from T-BHP. If needed, take ten more days (only) and publish it as full review please!
GunMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 19:38   #109
BHPian

Hi All,
Just back from hyd-kaza-Kibber-comic trip in rexton rx5. Covered 6000 km total in 18 days. The suv was totally loaded with 4 adults 3 children and about 150kg of luggage. Rexton performed flawlessly. Will upload pics soon.
ashroy_6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:02   #110
BHPian

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-kazamay-13-2013.jpg

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-kazamay-13-20133.jpg
Few teaser pics which i am attaching.
ashroy_6 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

@ashroy_6, wonderful. Rexton is looking fantastic.

I am waiting for your trip log and review on Rexton R5. At present its on top of my list.

BTW what is the lowest point in Rexton for 250mm GC, by the look of it, I do not get the feel of 250mm GC
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:48   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Attachment 1086559

Attachment 1086560
Few teaser pics which i am attaching.
Excellent Pics ashroy_6.. Eagerly looking forward to your report on the journey.
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:40   #113
BHPian

The rexton does look amazing in the pics. Do upload more and look forward to your review.
Have booked a RX7 but still waiting for the delivery here for the past 25 days now inspite of being promised delivery in 15 days at the time of booking. Do hope the car is worth the wait.
People please do update more news and updates about your ownership experience. Iv noticed that there are hardly any updates about the rexton.
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:29   #114
BHPian

Quote:
@ashroy_6, wonderful. Rexton is looking fantastic.

I am waiting for your trip log and review on Rexton R5. At present its on top of my list.

BTW what is the lowest point in Rexton for 250mm GC, by the look of it, I do not get the feel of 250mm GC
Well i have already put the trip log in travelouges section. I guess it is 230mm gc. even i feel 250mm gc is too much as quoted by the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Excellent Pics ashroy_6.. Eagerly looking forward to your report on the journey.
Already uploaded buddy in travelouges section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
The rexton does look amazing in the pics. Do upload more and look forward to your review.
Have booked a RX7 but still waiting for the delivery here for the past 25 days now inspite of being promised delivery in 15 days at the time of booking. Do hope the car is worth the wait.
People please do update more news and updates about your ownership experience. Iv noticed that there are hardly any updates about the rexton.
I know what you mean. We are a group of very few rexton owners. Will definately keep you updated.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 10:29   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Lowest point on the under body must be front suspension arms or maybe rear differential, GC is good enough. My only concern while off roading is underprotected fuel tank, both Pajero sport and Fortuner get metal guard for fuel tank, this is not a major concern anyways, guard can be fabricated.

I am not clear on kind of TOD system Rexton has, and whether it has some kind of mechanical locking for center diff when in 4L mode or it just relies on clutch pack in TOD system, only thing I know is the diff gets locked but I just hope its not some clutch based mechanism, which might not be abuse friendly for offroading. The owners manual does not have any details, it does not even warn against driving the car in 4L mode on hard surface, this makes me think it's a clutch pack based differential.
Old 24th May 2013, 19:49   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Lowest point on the under body must be front suspension arms or maybe rear differential, GC is good enough. My only concern while off roading is underprotected fuel tank, both Pajero sport and Fortuner get metal guard for fuel tank, this is not a major concern anyways, guard can be fabricated.

I am not clear on kind of TOD system Rexton has, and whether it has some kind of mechanical locking for center diff when in 4L mode or it just relies on clutch pack in TOD system, only thing I know is the diff gets locked but I just hope its not some clutch based mechanism, which might not be abuse friendly for offroading. The owners manual does not have any details, it does not even warn against driving the car in 4L mode on hard surface, this makes me think it's a clutch pack based differential.
Well it is electro-magnetic-based actuation system.
I feel the central differential gets locked in 4 low.
http://www.borgwarner.com/en/torqtra...Pages/TOD.aspx for more information.TOD.pdf
Old 24th May 2013, 19:55   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post

Well it is electro-magnetic-based actuation system.
I feel the central differential gets locked in 4 low.
http://www.borgwarner.com/en/torqtra...Pages/TOD.aspx for more information.
I doubt if there is some separate center differential other than TOD transfercase. Let me dig more info on this.
Old 1st July 2013, 13:33   #118
BHPian

So 1800 kms done in my rexton RX7 and suddenly i hear an errie sound coming from the engine on switching off. Something that had me worried right from the start of buying a new product in the market and my worry proved true.

My father had suggested a fortuner in the first place (he himself a proud owner of a camry) and i heard so many taunts from the day the noise started that i actually started wondering whether my decision to go in for a rexton was the correct one. Still no point getting worked up before even showing the car to the ASS.
Call up the ASS in Kanpur which is VC Motors turned out to be a little frustrating experience where suddenly the entire management heirachy came into play with the personal executive assigned to us was suddenly busy in meetings and asking to talk to someone else etc etc.

My car being one of the first cars sold by the dealership finally did get results along with the fact that i do know the owners and it helped that i was in touch with the area head of mahindra for U.P. whose number i had got when finding out about the delivery status of the car (the car was delayed for delivery by 30 days)
Finally the car is booked to be shown at the ASS and as a additional measure i decide to take the car myself to the workshop. The problem is diagnosed as a defective vacuum modulator and as expected the part isnt available with the dealership.

I am given assurance that the part does not play that important a role and that a part will be called in a high priority courier as soon as possible. I must say i was treated with a lot of respect by the sevice personnel as I had gone in person and even the personal assistant was called and told off for the way he treated a customer by the general manager service. Commendable effort too late in the offtake. As they say first impression is the last impression.

So I am finally told to take the car back and I will be contacted once the part arrives but i decide not to take a chance and shoot off a mail to the customer care along with a copy to the mahindra personnel whose details i do have.

The response is quick and totally earns respect from me ( I have been used to a little sluggish response from mahindra previously as i have owned the previous two generations of scorpios). I get a call from the quality department of mahindra and am told that the part isnt available even at the plant but has been arranged in delhi and within 4 days onve the part reached ill get a call from the ASS.
Will wonders never cease in two days i get a call from the GM at the ASS informing me that the part is now with them and if i could just inform him where the car is at he'll send a team and get the part installed at my own place and within an hour the team is there installs the part, the noise vanishes and leaves.

Well inspite of really appreciating the response my only worry ofcourse is that why a part was defective in the first place and if it wasn't why exactly did is fail so soon. (Found out that the test vehicle too had the same issue but they've removed the vacumm modulator from it) Was just told that its job is to create a vacumm and that the noise is due to a bearing fault nothing to do with working of the same.

The other issue being faced is of the car shuddering slightly over 110 but the air pressure was checked and found to be 35 instead of 32 brought down to 32 and have been told once the tyre reforms on driving a little more the vibrations will go away. I think its more to do with the balancing of the wheels though but will bring that up the next time im around the ASS.

Apart from these issue totally loving the car. A very value for money vehicle brought out by mahindra.
rugsrags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 19:48   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

There seems to a lot more quality irritants in my friend's Rexton, long way to go before they really start to take Fortuner head on. The A/C compressor conked off one day, and started working on its own the other day.

The brake pedal response is way too spongy, my friend had a very scary emergency braking experience. He claims there is something wrong with the brakes, i find it to be at par with any other Rexton. He seems not to understand the fact that ABS is not god, and being a top heavy SUV it cannot handle emergency swerves like a low slung car or a lighter Crossover.

The side mirrors have developed huge free play, good enough to make them rattle, i reported this to ASM, Sri Durga Auto, Mayapuri. The ASM says because Rexton is a very high powered vehicle, it is capable of very high speeds, so in order the ORVMs do not break due to wind pressure they have some amount of free play designed into them. Well, the ORVMs are no aircraft wings, even the supercars have well fitted ORVMs. Even if free play is designed by Ssangyong, why isn't it there on other Rextons present in the service center.

This same person claimed to know of a certain exact percentage of fresh air that is intentionally injected to the air-conditioning system to increase oxygen level in the cabin. This was when my friend complained of the HVAC system continuously sucking in bad odour and smoke from outside. On a lighter note, this particular ASM seems like a very bright person to me, he should be reassigned to do something creative for Mahindra.

Apart from this ASM, i am impressed with the professionalism displayed by the RM Pranay(who also handles my XUV) and workshop incharge Saurabh.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 10:56   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

The Rexton went for scheduled service at 10k kms last week. Came back with a bill of 8500 bucks, i have not seen the bill yet. I will post the bill here once i receive it.

Quote:
This same person claimed to know of a certain exact percentage of fresh air that is intentionally injected to the air-conditioning system to increase oxygen level in the cabin. This was when my friend complained of the HVAC system continuously sucking in bad odour and smoke from outside. On a lighter note, this particular ASM seems like a very bright person to me, he should be reassigned to do something creative for Mahindra.
On complaining about this repeatedly, maybe this was 3rd time, they opened the HVAC system and found the flap used to switch between fresh air and recirculated air is broken and needs to be replaced. The part is not in stock, so they have placed an order for the same, it will take a few days to arrive. For now they have done some Jugaad to close the vent in order to block fresh air from entering the cabin.

As a side effect, the air distribution modes(defog, face, feet etc) function in Climate control system has started malfunctioning.

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th July 2013 at 11:11. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks