Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

View Poll Results: Do you have a valid PUC certificate for your vehicle(s)?
Yes 309 79.03%
No 82 20.97%
Voters: 391. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 20:16   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Poll: Do you have a valid PUC certificate?

Its been around 4 times when i was stopped by the police, They just wanted to see the RC card of the car and the my license and they on their own should say, "Gaadi naya hai toh PUC toh valid hie hoga", Even though all those times i was in a car which was more than a year old and i did not have a valid puc. Maybe because of the condition of my car? Always mint!

Edit : Voted Yes, Since i have now.
Old 15th January 2016, 20:23   #152
BHPian

PUC guys in Mumbai have started to SMS the car owners that their PUC will expire in 3-4 days. They take your Phone number while doing the PUC every 6 months and will SMS you to remind.

This has worked for me last 3 times. Earlier i used to have outlook calender reminder set for myself for my car and bike both.
Old 15th January 2016, 21:25   #153
BHPian

Poll: Do you have a valid PUC certificate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Here's a joke from one of my bike's PUC Certificates.

Apparently, my bike's exhaust gases contain only oxygen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
What about lending it to a hospital for use as a backup for ventilator!?

My kid saw these big pooh bear balloons being sold on the roadside close to my house and I was about to buy one but couldn't as the traffic was on the move. I take a turn and my wife pointed me to an auto. The exhaust was being used to fill up these giant balloons😱

May be he thought oxygen was the emission
chakri400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 21:48   #154
Senior - BHPian

Is a PUC mandatory even for vehicles that are historic, i.e were made before the emission norms came into being? If yes on what standards are they tested? My 07 Marina obviously has no issues as per BS III norms but my 84 mahindra cj 500 has no benchmark. Though I have valid PUC for both but I know how I got mine for the Jeep.
Old 15th January 2016, 22:03   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Is a PUC mandatory even for vehicles that are historic, i.e were made before the emission norms came into being? If yes on what standards are they tested? My 07 Marina obviously has no issues as per BS III norms but my 84 mahindra cj 500 has no benchmark. Though I have valid PUC for both but I know how I got mine for the Jeep.

I have no idea what they measure or against what standard or norm, but my 1975 Bullet has a PUC and i have been renewing it at a regular basis during the last three years since I have owned it.
Jeroen
Old 15th January 2016, 22:03   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

I used to skip a month or so in between two valid emission certificates .. ( after one cert expires, I used to wait a little before getting the next one). And then my friend got caught and was fined 1000 for not having a valid PUC cert. I no longer miss the dates now. Better 125/- than 1000/-

(Fee for Diesel vehicles is now 125 in BLR)
Old 15th January 2016, 22:34   #157
MSC
BHPian

Being truthful, I always have a valid PUC with me for my cars as well as bike. But, everyone knows how is a PUC issued. Just park your car near the webcam attached to pc at service station, get the picture clicked and you have your PUC printed. But the most vital step, the smoke sensor was never inserted into the exhaust pipe.

Most Viewed