Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:30   #136
BHPian

re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
I tried bleeding the slave cylinder it hasn't worked out. He has not yet done anything to the clutch and was going to dip it today when the workshop opens. Will tell him not to do it. The clutch is not covered in warranty. Why do you suggest to change the flywheel as well?
The service center manager called up today and said that yhe suspension linkage of the back right side was out of stock and has to be freshly imported since it isn't available anywhere in india. The car would take 2 more days now.

As for the clutch he said that they drained the entire brake fluid from the lines and filled fresh fluid and this seems to have solved the problem. The clutch and brake fluid resorvoir is common in the Kizashi.
Old 3rd July 2014, 22:10   #137
BANNED

Quote:

The service center manager called up today and said that yhe suspension linkage of the back right side was out of stock and has to be freshly imported since it isn't available anywhere in india. The car would take 2 more days now.

As for the clutch he said that they drained the entire brake fluid from the lines and filled fresh fluid and this seems to have solved the problem. The clutch and brake fluid resorvoir is common in the Kizashi.
Good to see further positive movement in the car, hope all the works are being borne by MASS?!

Any expected day by when you could get the car back home?

Anurag.
Old 4th July 2014, 12:48   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good to see further positive movement in the car, hope all the works are being borne by MASS?!

Any expected day by when you could get the car back home?

Anurag.
They have said that I may get the car by monday as there is parts shortage. A suspension linkage has gone in back order so it has to be ordered from japan. All kizashi orders are express delivery so it should have come by today or latest by tomorrow.

As for the cost I had to pay for all suspension linkages and the suspension kit which with labour costs around 6000. The power window motor was covered in warranty which costs 15k.
Old 4th July 2014, 13:06   #139
BANNED

Quote:
All kizashi orders are express delivery so it should have come by today or latest by tomorrow.

As for the cost I had to pay for all suspension linkages and the suspension kit which with labour costs around 6000. The power window motor was covered in warranty which costs 15k.
6K is decent enough when compared to the rest hefty figures and I know how much you have spent already on it.

All the best and enjoy the car.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 11:39   #140
BHPian

So guys after nearly a month in the service station I finally get my car back. The workshop manager took a test drive with me. The car was much smoother, the clutch was working as it should picking up in 1st without throttle input but with a minor jerk while changing gears(possibly because of hard pressure plate), rear suspension noise had vanished completely, the voltage fluctuation had reduced considerably but was still present.

"BUT" guess what there was a grinding sound coming from the left suspension. The WM said that they couldn't hear it. I agree with them because even I couldn't hear it with the A/c on it was only evident when the A/c was off. But you can hear the sound from outside the car. The sound came only when turning left.

So, the car went back to the service station. Fast forward 24 hours and I get a call from the WM that the sound is from the "STEERING ASSEMBLY" now let me think oh now i remember that was CHANGED just 2000 KMS back by Kiran motors.

The WM explained that they removed the suspension and turned the steering but the noise was still coming. It seems as though it is from the power steering motor.

My mind is right now exploding with anger and frustration. That stupid steering assembly costs a mind boggling 1.5 LAKHS. I was lucky it happend in warranty period. What if it happened after that? I have only 8 months of warranty left.

Plus the total suspension work costed me 8.6k with Labour will upload the bill later. If you just check the list of parts changed you might wonder that there isn't much left to be changed on the mechanical side of the car. They have changed parts worth nearly 6 lakhs till now.

Last edited by rockporiom : 10th July 2014 at 11:49.
rockporiom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 12:42   #141
gemi_kk

Quote:
My mind is right now exploding with anger and frustration. That stupid steering assembly costs a mind boggling 1.5 LAKHS. I was lucky it happend in warranty period. What if it happened after that? I have only 8 months of warranty left.

Plus the total suspension work costed me 8.6k with Labour will upload the bill later. If you just check the list of parts changed you might wonder that there isn't much left to be changed on the mechanical side of the car. They have changed parts worth nearly 6 lakhs till now.
I really do not understand why you are not sending an official complaint letter to Dealer and company. If you have got so many parts changed in warranty period, how are you going get the same changed once your vehicle is out of warranty?
Do you have any guaranty that the all parts which were replaced earlier were new? Seeing this, i think, they fixed the old parts and fitted back.
May god bless you.

Old 10th July 2014, 12:48   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
I really do not understand why you are not sending an official complaint letter to Dealer and company. If you have got so many parts changed in warranty period, how are you going get the same changed once your vehicle is out of warranty?
Do you have any guaranty that the all parts which were replaced earlier were new? Seeing this, i think, they fixed the old parts and fitted back.
May god bless you.
Sending complaints to MSIL is a joke. What they do is just forward it to the RO and the RO forwards it to ASC. I stopped sending mails after the GM of kiran motors told me there is no point in complaining as we only have to repair. I know for sure that they haven't repaired parts because they showed me the replaced part.
Old 10th July 2014, 12:53   #143
gemi_kk

Quote:
Sending complaints to MSIL is a joke. What they do is just forward it to the RO and the RO forwards it to ASC. I stopped sending mails after the GM of kiran motors told me there is no point in complaining as we only have to repair. I know for sure that they haven't repaired parts because they showed me the replaced part.
I am not asking you to send an Email. As discussed earlier, draft a hard copy and send it via Post with Acknowledgement. Keep the receipts.

If you face any issue down the line, use the receipts to prove your point and get them fixed as the whole car had been defective. Maintaining a car like Kizashi which is out of warranty will be more difficult than maintaining a MB.
  (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 13:04   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
I am not asking you to send an Email. As discussed earlier, draft a hard copy and send it via Post with Acknowledgement. Keep the receipts.

If you face any issue down the line, use the receipts to prove your point and get them fixed as the whole car had been defective. Maintaining a car like Kizashi which is out of warranty will be more difficult than maintaining a MB.
I might sound stupid but how do you send a post with acknowledgement? I haven't written many letters

Parts availability is not the problem but diagnosis and shoddy workmanship is.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:07   #145
BANNED

Quote:
"BUT" guess what there was a grinding sound coming from the left suspension.

Problems again!

Your last post of relief made me think that it is back on track but I guess things are not getting OK. Why don't you get rid of the car rather than spending time and money over it just to change parts and keep it stored in the ASC instead of your parking lot?!

Anurag.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:09   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Problems again!

Your last post of relief made me think that it is back on track but I guess things are not getting OK. Why don't you get rid of the car rather than spending time and money over it just to change parts and keep it stored in the ASC instead of your parking lot?!

Anurag.
If I had the option I would have done that but the car has next to nil resale value. The last highest bid I got was of 5 lakhs and I have a loan of 8.5 going on the car. I would have to shell out 3.5 lakhs just to sell the car.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:45   #147
BHPian

A very sad situation to be in. This car might never give you peace of mind and in all probability is going to incur you considerable loss at some point. You have to make a decision on when you want all this to end.

I would suggest enjoy whatever possible with the car till it stays in warranty period. The moment it gets out of warranty, just sell off. If you are going to sit and do an elaborate calculation, you might never come to a conclusion and the probability the car will incur you a major setback will keep rising exponentially.

So the day the warranty period gets over, just sell off the car and accept whatever losses that come by, take it as a lesson learnt.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 10th July 2014 at 13:48.
Old 12th July 2014, 01:06   #148
BHPian

Maybe you should move to consumer court for the selling of defective piece to you by Maruti.
Old 12th July 2014, 01:11   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Maybe you should move to consumer court for the selling of defective piece to you by Maruti.
No point buddy, it is just time waste. I have had 'N' number of conversations with rockporium from the start of this thread but the way this particular dealer is treating him is pathetic.

The attitude is worse and just spoiling Maruti's name. Not sure why Maruti is helpless in this case.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 01:46   #150
BHPian

It's high time that you take your car to a competent technician outside of MASS and get your car checked. At least the issues will get diagnosed correctly. Dealers get reimbursed for the work done under warranty thus, there is a possibility that the MASS has a vested interest in letting the issues linger. So, get a feedback from a neutral and competent technician, and purchase a compatible OBD scanner for Kizashi, it might help you find answers to many of your questions about your car.

Considering the frustration that you have gone through till now, even driving till Mumbai should be fine in search of a competent technician. I doubt that will be required as Ahmedabad should definitely have good non MASS-affiliated technicians.

All the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks