Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2014, 22:56   #121
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Any update on the issue?Its been a long time
Yes buddy, there is significant update here. Though there is both good news and bad news too. Due to various connectivity issues he was not able to update the thread so I had a long talk with him and keep asking him for updates. So this is the current status of the car. I am updating the thread on his behalf.

The Good:

1) The whole steering rack and EPS motor has been changed,

2) Memory Seat switch also changed.

Both the parts were changed by MASS. The bill issued to him was Rs 1,13,900/- but the replacement was by MASS so the net bill was Rs 0/-.

Now the bad:

Following problems have cropped up since the car was handed over after replacement

1) A constant humming (mild) from engine bay - heard only at idle and not while revving;

2) Kat kat sound when turning the steering wheel towards left side but no sound when turning to right side.

3) When changing gears the car gives a mild push-back type feel.

Any ideas as to what these two issues could be of?

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th April 2014 at 23:11.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 10:25   #122
BHPian

re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
1) A constant humming (mild) from engine bay - heard only at idle and not while revving;

2) Kat kat sound when turning the steering wheel towards left side but no sound when turning to right side.

3) When changing gears the car gives a mild push-back type feel.

Any ideas as to what these two issues could be of?

Anurag.
Hi Anurag

Some of my views on the newly cropped up issues

1. No idea on the humming

2. Check for faulty CV joint / strut

3. Push-Back feel is due to a poorly bled clutch system (incase of hydraulic clutch) or poorly adjusted clutch cable.
wild child is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 10:39   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
1. No idea on the humming
I am suspecting wooden out mounts or some metal rattling.

Quote:
2. Check for faulty CV joint / strut
I am also thinking on same lines.

Quote:
3. Push-Back feel is due to a poorly bled clutch system (incase of hydraulic clutch) or poorly adjusted clutch cable.
The Kizashi has a hydraulic clutch so may be bleeding will solve the issue.

Will pass on it to him though.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 22:06   #124
BHPian

Hey guys sorry for the late update. For the first time in history I can say that I am happy with my car and almost all problems have now been sorted . Would also thank Bhpian A4anurag for his useful input.

Problem: poor pickup
Solution: Changed spark plugs, air filter and got injector cleaning done. Amazing difference. It turns out car was firing on only 3 cylinders. The 4th one wasn't firing. This had also led to poor fuel economy. The current fuel economy in city is a whopping 14.5 Km/l i.e. with A/c

Problem: Judder on pick up on clutch.
Solution: Bhpian Wild child had suggested clutch bleeding and it worked.

Problem: Kat Kat sound
Solution: Jumper aka shock absorber was lubricated.

Currently the only problems left unsolved is voltage fluctuation which the service center said they will definitely look into and change if necessary. Also the dashboard noise was actually not from the dashboard but was from the front passenger door which was because it had been opened earlier to lubricate power window motor. This would be taken care on Wednesday as I had reached on closing time today.

To just give a comparison of before and after

Before: 0-100 = 14.7 seconds
After: 0-100 = 8.79 seconds

That is a HUGE 5.9 seconds difference.

I am currently very happy and am just enjoying my kizashi. After a long time I had a smile on my face when I drove my car.

Would thank everyone for their useful suggestions.

Last edited by rockporiom : 5th May 2014 at 22:10.
rockporiom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 22:41   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Hey guys sorry for the late update. For the first time in history I can say that I am happy with my car and almost all problems have now been sorted.

I am currently very happy and am just enjoying my kizashi. After a long time I had a smile on my face when I drove my car.
Congratulations for having most of the problems sorted out on the Kizashi.

Wait for a few more days and check if all problems that you were facing which were mentioned from the page 1 of this thread. Simple things that are basic on maintenance solved the issues you were facing. Take care and follow the routine of servicing either by kilometers travelled or months from the last service.

I am happy for you and the Kizashi. All the best and do update the thread on the alternator issue and rattles that your facing now.

Drive safe.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th May 2014 at 22:44.
Old 9th June 2014, 21:34   #126
BHPian

Hey guys, it has been a long time since I updated the thread so here goes.

The car is free from almost all problems. All the performance related issues except for one have been solved. There are currently 2 problems being faced in the car. I have been able to do successful diagnosis after changing my service center to Nanda Automobiles permanently. I had mentioned in the thread earlier also that they were the one's who had diagnosed the faulty steering rack.

I had gone out of town for 10 days and had left the car with Nanda to solve some issues that I was facing which were:

1) Voltage fluctuation (yes it is still present)
2) Occassional jerks when accelerator is left and applied again in gear.

Out these my main concern was the voltage fluctuation since the car had displayed service start system error and one night in heavy traffic with heavy electric load( 100% A/c, headlights, stereo) it started showing error and going off and refusing to start. I even called up the Kiran motors general manager at 10 in the night thinking that I might require break down services. But I fortunately reached home somehow with multiple stops since the car would go off even at speeds of 80 now without any warning.

Next day I sent the car to kiran who called me up about 3 hours later to report that they don't see anything in the SDT nor do they see the error code to which I showed them the video and pictures that I took as proof. They called me and my dad to the showroom and took a test drive.

Only, the manager drove the car and there was noticable amount of fluctuation that could be noticed with the sound of the horn itself which was going up and down but they denied accepting it and returned the car to us saying that if it happens again call us. When I questioned him that what if something happened to us, he simply said "kuch nahi hoga"

The next day itself the car started acting up after which I sent it to Nanda.

Fast forward to my return from vacation. The car was delievered home 3 days before I reached it was in spick and span conditon washed well inside out and what's more they didn't charge me for washing nor for fixing my problems even after knowing after my warranty issues. They had sent the alternator to Denso the manufacturer the last time who said there was a problem in the cut out and huge carbon deposits which they said they had sorted.

I drove the car for a few days the car didn't report any errors nor did it go off but fluctuation was clearly visible in the night with headlights on and different horn tones. So, I sent the car back with three more issues in addition to the alternator which were:

1) cup holder box not opening properly
2) glove box dropping more than necessary(very minimal about 5% more)
3) left side front power window making noise

So, they call me today and tell me that they have sorted the glove box and cup holder problem but the power window motor needs to be replaced as it is possible that it is on its way out and may stop working completely. In addition, the alternator is also toast and needs to be changed to which Denso India has denied as they specific instructions from Maruti to not replace any parts individually all replacements have to be done by Maruti only as it is a SGP. Nanda has also told me that the jerks are related to voltage fluctuation due to inconsistent power supply to the throttle position sensor.

Further the power window can't be replaced by Nanda due to the famous warranty issue. The RO has been notifiied and both these replacements will be done by Kiran.

So, after these 2 are sorted my car is finally 100% alright after which I am planning to take sharan in the Himalayas
Attached Thumbnails
A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD-img_201406095470.jpg  

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th June 2014 at 21:42.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 03:43   #127
BHPian

Hey guys I can finally say that all the problems in my car have been solved. This has happened after a lot of argument with the dealership from where I purchased the car and the regional office. I finally have my warranty back and I have changed the service station after a very bad experience with the customer care manager of Kiran motors. This is the following conversation that happened:

Me: The suspension is again having sounds and I am getting error codes. Further when I had given my car the last time there was sound coming only from the front. Now there are new noises coming from the rear suspension. Also, there is insane amounts of voltage fluctuation.

(What happened after this completely blew me away. For a second I thought I was in a Skoda or VW service center.)

CCM: Sir, I am fed up of your car It is increasing my revisits unnecessarily. I don't know why the GM took the decision to shift the case to the main service station.

Me: It is not my fault that the car is failing. It has had more than 30 visits in 12 months which equates to more than 2 vists per month each lasting for 3-4 days which means that the car is more with the service station and less with me.

CCM: Sir, if you want I will open the rear suspension but I DON'T KNOW how to repair it. If you want keep the car here only and if Maruti asks I will tell I don't know how to solve it. They will only deal with it.

Furious with this reply I got the car out of there and took it home.

Next day I contacted the RO and told them that I do not wish to send my car anymore to that dealership and I would send it only to Nanda Automobiles which is 25 kms away from house but I trust them.

After a conference call with the GM and the RO it was finally agreed that the dealership from where I purchased the car will pay for all parts and labour expenses that should be covered under warranty till my warranty expires.

Now the brighter side of things come up. The service center manager of Nanda Automobiles was keen on solving the problems and assured me that all problems will be taken care of. He and his team started tackling problems one by one. Here goes:

Problem: Rear and front suspension noise

Solution: front right suspension kit is kaput and needs replacement also rear suspension linkages have also got play. All parts ordered out of warranty total cost about 6k.

Problem: voltage fluctuation

Solution: there was a lot of debate on what the reason can be. We tested the battery, the alternator and the wiring but all tested ok. Finally one day they found a faulty wire which had rusted from the inside due to poor insuation. They changed that wire and voila the problem is solved. The car is still under observation though.

Problem: front left power window noise

Solution: They knew that the previous ASC made multiple attempts of lubricating it and solving the problem. Finally it was decided that the motor needs to be changed under warranty. It has been ordered and fitted.

Problem: Clutch Judder

Solution: Well, the ASC manager was honest enough to tell me that this was because the car was standing for a long time without any use which has made the teeth on the pressure plate hard causing the judder and stalling. He said that there are only 2 solutions one is replacing the entire clutch out of warranty which would cost about 25k, the second solution would be to remove the clutch and dip it in gear oil for 3 days which might show some improvement though not 100%. I have to still see if this has worked.

The car is at the service center since 20th of june. The car is waiting for parts since some aren't available even with Maruti and need to be freshly imported. I am expecting to take the car home by the end of this week.

I am quiet happy with the attitude of the new service station and their constant updates on the status of the car. Also, this is the first time I saw the floor manager telling other workers to handle the car carefully as it costs a fair bit. Only if this could have happened a bit earlier but oh well better late the never
rockporiom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 03:55   #128
BANNED

Quote:
I am quiet happy with the attitude of the new service station and their constant updates on the status of the car. Also, this is the first time I saw the floor manager telling other workers to handle the car carefully as it costs a fair bit. Only if this could have happened a bit earlier but oh well better late the never.
Good news finally, some peace that you have got rid of Kiran Motors and shifted off to Nanda.

Happy that the car is back on track and will run around happily rather thab laying eggs at the ASC.

Congrats once again.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 05:06   #129
BHPian

Quote:

Solution: He said that there are only 2 solutions one is replacing the entire clutch out of warranty which would cost about 25k, the second solution would be to remove the clutch and dip it in gear oil for 3 days which might show some improvement though not 100%. I have to still see if this has worked.
Try bleeding the clutch slave cylinder and lines before replacing the clutch kit.

Soaking pressure plate in gear oil ? The metal surface will retain the oil and the clutch will fail prematurely due to slippage.

Removing and installing clutch is a tedious job. Do it once, do it correctly.

If the pressure plate has hardened then replacing it is the only option. If the work is being carried out under warranty then get the flywheel replaced along with clutch disc and pressure plate.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 05:12   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Try bleeding the clutch slave cylinder and lines before replacing the clutch kit.

Soaking pressure plate in gear oil ? The metal surface will retain the oil and the clutch will fail prematurely due to slippage.

Removing and installing clutch is a tedious job. Do it once, do it correctly.

If the pressure plate has hardened then replacing it is the only option. If the work is being carried out under warranty then get the flywheel replaced along with clutch disc and pressure plate.
I tried bleeding the slave cylinder it hasn't worked out. He has not yet done anything to the clutch and was going to dip it today when the workshop opens. Will tell him not to do it. The clutch is not covered in warranty. Why do you suggest to change the flywheel as well?
Old 3rd July 2014, 05:21   #131
BHPian

Quote:
I tried bleeding the slave cylinder it hasn't worked out. He has not yet done anything to the clutch and was going to dip it today when the workshop opens. Will tell him not to do it. The clutch is not covered in warranty. Why do you suggest to change the flywheel as well?
Usually a hard clutch is due to hardened pressure plate and judder is due to warped flywheel or pressure plate.

How exactly is the judder and when does it happen ?
Old 3rd July 2014, 05:25   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Usually a hard clutch is due to hardened pressure plate and judder is due to warped flywheel or pressure plate.

How exactly is the judder and when does it happen ?
The car finds it difficult to pick up solely on clutch in 1st gear. It shudders and then picks up. The problem was there since day 1 but the ASC said it is normal. The car can pickup in 1st if the clutch is left off slowly(real slow).
Old 3rd July 2014, 05:33   #133
BHPian

Quote:
The car finds it difficult to pick up solely on clutch in 1st gear. It shudders and then picks up. The problem was there since day 1 but the ASC said it is normal. The car can pickup in 1st if the clutch is left off slowly(real slow).
Does it judder even when the clutch is released and at the same time some throttle is opened ?

Last edited by interc00led : 3rd July 2014 at 05:34.
Old 3rd July 2014, 05:59   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Does it judder even when the clutch is released and at the same time some throttle is opened ?
No, what he means is the clutch judders when released solely without any throttle input IIRC.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:12   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys I can finally say that all the problems in my car have been solved.
At last some peace of mind. Feeling happy for you. Hope you will have niggle free and tension free time with your steed.

Looking forward for some good and positive reviews (hopefully) about your new Service center.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks