Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2014, 22:34   #151
BHPian

re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Hey guys an update, The WM of the workshop has said that he wants to confirm that it is the steering for sure so he is doing all that he can to stop the noise. According to the floor manager the noise had stopped briefly but upon further testing the noise returned.

They did the following:

1) Lubricated the struts
2) interchanged the suspension kits with each side in the front
3) checked the knuckles

I have decided that once I get the confirmation I am going to take a official letter from them stating all this and will go to the RO.

This is what I have in mind, I would go to the RO and talk to the head there and claim the following:

1) Free 2 years extended extended warranty
2) Free replacement of all defective parts
3) Calculation of the number of MONTHS the car was in the ASC and refund the EMI amount of those many months.
4) Written apology from Kiran Motors customer care Manager for being rude.

OR
If they can't do the following I would request to refund me the loan amount from the car and free me from this burden. I have also drafted letters( actual letters not Mails as advised) and am just waiting for confirmation from the ASC for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
It's high time that you take your car to a competent technician outside of MASS and get your car checked. At least the issues will get diagnosed correctly. Dealers get reimbursed for the work done under warranty thus, there is a possibility that the MASS has a vested interest in letting the issues linger. So, get a feedback from a neutral and competent technician, and purchase a compatible OBD scanner for Kizashi, it might help you find answers to many of your questions about your car.

Considering the frustration that you have gone through till now, even driving till Mumbai should be fine in search of a competent technician. I doubt that will be required as Ahmedabad should definitely have good non MASS-affiliated technicians.

All the best!

I got the car checked from outside and the diagnosis of that mechanic matches with that of Nanda Automobiles in the Voltage fluctuation case.
Old 14th July 2014, 22:18   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Hey guys an update, The WM of the workshop has said that he wants to confirm that it is the steering for sure so he is doing all that he can to stop the noise. According to the floor manager the noise had stopped briefly but upon further testing the noise returned.

They did the following:

1) Lubricated the struts
2) interchanged the suspension kits with each side in the front
3) checked the knuckles

I have decided that once I get the confirmation I am going to take a official letter from them stating all this and will go to the RO.

This is what I have in mind, I would go to the RO and talk to the head there and claim the following:

1) Free 2 years extended extended warranty
2) Free replacement of all defective parts
3) Calculation of the number of MONTHS the car was in the ASC and refund the EMI amount of those many months.
4) Written apology from Kiran Motors customer care Manager for being rude.

OR
If they can't do the following I would request to refund me the loan amount from the car and free me from this burden. I have also drafted letters( actual letters not Mails as advised) and am just waiting for confirmation from the ASC for the same.

I got the car checked from outside and the diagnosis of that mechanic matches with that of Nanda Automobiles in the Voltage fluctuation case.
My advise, go to the media. I've worked for automotive dealerships and believe me, this really works.

It isn't fair for someone to pay their hard earned money and go through all this.
funkydevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 20:21   #153
BHPian

Hey guys

It's finally all good news

The car is finally rid of ALL PROBLEMS not leaving a single one out.

The service center took 4 days to diagnose the grinding sound and it turned out that it was because the chassis was hit and got bent slightly causing a bolt to get damaged which in turn caused the noise. They straightened the chassis and changed the bolt and the problem was gone.

The voltage fluctuation problem is also solved. They also improved the clutch. The car is in one word now PERFECT

Would thank everyone for their useful inputs.

Now would pray that no more issues come and it is a smooth sail from here on.
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 20:42   #154
BANNED

Quote:

The service center took 4 days to diagnose the grinding sound and it turned out that it was because the chassis was hit and got bent slightly causing a bolt to get damaged which in turn caused the noise. They straightened the chassis and changed the bolt and the problem was gone.

The voltage fluctuation problem is also solved. They also improved the clutch. The car is in one word now PERFECT
Congrats that the car is back on track now. Touch wood.

Is all this diagnosis and work done at Nanda or at Kiran?

Can I know how much did you pay for the parts / repairs done or was it free ?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 22:58   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats that the car is back on track now. Touch wood.

Is all this diagnosis and work done at Nanda or at Kiran?

Can I know how much did you pay for the parts / repairs done or was it free ?

Anurag.
All diagnosis was done in Nanda. Total cost of repairs was 8,809/- this includes only suspension parts. The power window was changed for "free" in warranty.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th July 2014 at 02:36. Reason: Update content as requested, thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 07:58   #156
Senior - BHPian

finally your persisting attitude has paid off need to talk soon buddy, been busy with college but definitely have time this weekend. Happy to atlast see that everything is "perfect" and that you're happy

cheers
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 10:01   #157
BHPian

Quote:

Having followed this thread closely, really felt nice to see the word PERFECT being used by you.

Dealing with a lemon can be so painful, time consuming & depressing.

I know you feel elated that the problems are solved, but I feel that you should always be on lookout for perspective buyers for your Kizashi.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 11:32   #158
BHPian

Quote:
The car is finally rid of ALL PROBLEMS not leaving a single one out.

The service center took 4 days to diagnose the grinding sound and it turned out that it was because the chassis was hit and got bent slightly
Wow, that's some swing within 5 days. From disappointed to delighted within 5 days speaks volumes about Maruti's customer centricity.

OTOH, It's always better to drive the car for 100 KMs or 4-5 days before writing a note of appreciation for the dealers. Hope things have really been solved in your case, and you don't face these issues again.

I am bit perplexed with the 'bent-chassis' theory. A bent-chassis (even if it's slight) is not supposed to be as normal as your post makes it sound. I hope it was some other component like link-rod or tie-rod, and not the chassis.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Take care
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 13:32   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Having followed this thread closely, really felt nice to see the word PERFECT being used by you.

Dealing with a lemon can be so painful, time consuming & depressing.

I know you feel elated that the problems are solved, but I feel that you should always be on lookout for perspective buyers for your Kizashi.
I will check the car for some time. I tend to keep the car till warranty is there and in the mean time if I get a good offer then I might sell it.

Quote:
Wow, that's some swing within 5 days. From disappointed to delighted within 5 days speaks volumes about Maruti's customer centricity.

OTOH, It's always better to drive the car for 100 KMs or 4-5 days before writing a note of appreciation for the dealers. Hope things have really been solved in your case, and you don't face these issues again.

I am bit perplexed with the 'bent-chassis' theory. A bent-chassis (even if it's slight) is not supposed to be as normal as your post makes it sound. I hope it was some other component like link-rod or tie-rod, and not the chassis.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Take care

Even I didn't believe the chassis theory until he(the manager) put the car on the lift and showed me the sheer amount of damage to the engine guard and the repair they had done. It might have happened in the test drives that Kiran motors did while repairing the steering. They(kiran) had told me that they drove the car on bad roads deliberately to check play in steering rack.

Last edited by rockporiom : 16th July 2014 at 13:34.
Old 16th July 2014, 14:12   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Even I didn't believe the chassis theory until he(the manager) put the car on the lift and showed me the sheer amount of damage to the engine guard and the repair they had done.
Ok, so the damage was done to the engine protection plate. Chassis damage is damage to the frame and is very very serious. Damage to the engine protection plate is not such a big deal in majority of cases.

You might want to start exploring other experts in your city. Bottoming out a car to check play in steering doesn't sound like a very competent or reasonable approach.
Old 16th July 2014, 19:34   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so the damage was done to the engine protection plate. Chassis damage is damage to the frame and is very very serious. Damage to the engine protection plate is not such a big deal in majority of cases.

You might want to start exploring other experts in your city. Bottoming out a car to check play in steering doesn't sound like a very competent or reasonable approach.
The ASC manager told me that it is possible if a stone might have hit it in a specific manner. The damage was not severe to the chassis but the engine protection was damaged quiet a bit.

*UPDATE*

Had taken the car for a good 50 km ride today. Car is planted and begs to be revved hard. The clutch in one word is "Awesome" kudos to Nanda. There is a small issue though, all the doors are making noises when being opened and closed, a bit of greasing should solve that, nothing big. It might because of the rains. But overall quiet satisfied. The best part was the courtesy, the manager called up again at around 7 to check how the car is running and assured me that the bad days are over

Last edited by rockporiom : 16th July 2014 at 20:04.
Old 17th July 2014, 16:29   #162
BHPian

So, finally, acche din aa gaye.

Have been following this thread closely, since am getting a very good deal on a 5000 kms run kizashi.

Your patience has paid off.

Congratulations buddy.
Old 18th July 2014, 02:01   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
So, finally, acche din aa gaye.

Have been following this thread closely, since am getting a very good deal on a 5000 kms run kizashi.

Your patience has paid off.

Congratulations buddy.
Thanks man. Indeed ache din aa gaye hai

BTW do you mean new Kizashi or pre owned? If it's a new one don't go for it as it might have been used roughly. In most of the dealerships the fools just rip the car off at insane speeds.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 02:42   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the way the first ASC treated this customer and the fact that no action was really taken against them for their attitude, I wouldn't give any marks to Maruti on this one considering how long the issue went unresolved for one of their flagship models.

Nanda Automobiles seems to have a good customer-first attitude which probably helped in this case but I don't think that has anything to do with the way Maruti operates. If the bad dealers are still allowed to continue by Maruti, the credit should go to those individual dealers for being customer-focused more than Maruti since there is nothing Maruti can really do even if a dealer is behaving quite unreasonably.

Luckily for us, there are multiple Maruti dealers even in smaller towns and the chances are that at least one of them would have a decent attitude towards customers. That's how Maruti has been surviving on the after sales and service without black marks. Moreover, with MGP being available for FNGs, even the owners get a second opinion or third opinion for non-warranty related works.

Quote:
Though I'm someone who would have taken a risk with buying any used Maruti vehicle, I've moved the Suzuki vehicles to the league of the Germans based on the user experiences floating around. IMO, Baleno, Grand Vitara and Kizashi should not be thought of as Maruti vehicles but as imports since the spare parts are not easily available and it is expected that these cars will have reasonably long stays in the work shops when some parts need to be replaced.

If you are planning to buy a Kizashi and use it after the warranty period, please be aware of the risks. A good number of the Kizashis in market have stayed in dealership yards for extended periods due to lack of demand and eventually sold off at 5 lakh + discounts. There could be hidden issues in these cars due to the prolonged stay in the yards which could really set you back big time. So please ensure you are fully aware of what you would be getting into.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 08:09   #165
BANNED

Quote:
I'd think a hundred times before I put my money on a Kizashi (No offence to ALL owners).

If you are liking the deal you are being offered then check the car FULLY before signing the dotted line. Also be sure that you'll get adequate support from MASS in case of an issue. A Kizashi running only 5K kms is a bit thought provoking though. How old is the car and do you have the VIN?

All the best. Do keep us posted.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks