Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 17:13   #61
BHPian

re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Just got a call from the customer care manager that they took a test drive of the car and feel that the problem(steering rack) has been solved. They haven't replaced anything yet. he went on to state that he will call me up in the evening for a test drive. On asking him why the test drive can't be done now he said that an error had come up regarding the EPS because it had been opened by them for repair so once they clear the error codes he will call me up.

I am planning to not take delivery of the car unless and until I don't speak to the higher up's of the showroom. Also, the memory seat switch needs replacement which is being ordered today. I will not take delivery unless and until all my issues are solved.

Last edited by rockporiom : 4th April 2014 at 17:31.
Old 4th April 2014, 17:58   #62
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
I am planning to not take delivery of the car unless and until I don't speak to the higher up's of the showroom. Also, the memory seat switch needs replacement which is being ordered today. I will not take delivery unless and until all my issues are solved.
i tried to be a silent spectator in this thread. but now, i wanted to post some advice.

- Do not take the car until all the problems are resolved by Maruti.
- Ensure that all the newly added spares are reflecting in the Bill/Invoice.
- Ensure that the service charges are mapped accordingly. do not accept entries like "Service charges/ Regular cleaning of steering rack, etc"
- Demand for a written reason why the car's sales date is of 11.
- Check the submission date and date of delivery in the invoice. they should be the actual dates you have given & taken back.

i hope rest of the stuff has already been mentioned by others.

Old 4th April 2014, 18:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
i tried to be a silent spectator in this thread. but now, i wanted to post some advice.

- Do not take the car until all the problems are resolved by Maruti.
- Ensure that all the newly added spares are reflecting in the Bill/Invoice.
- Ensure that the service charges are mapped accordingly. do not accept entries like "Service charges/ Regular cleaning of steering rack, etc"
- Demand for a written reason why the car's sales date is of 11.
- Check the submission date and date of delivery in the invoice. they should be the actual dates you have given & taken back.

i hope rest of the stuff has already been mentioned by others.
One thing is for sure I am not paying for a single nut or bolt in any of the repairs as according to my invoice I am still covered under warranty. It is a legal document that has been stamped and signed by Kiran Motors.

Further I am now 99% sure that this was a test drive vehicle that has been pushed over to me. I am in plain words been cheated.

I am going to go to regional office myself this time as suggested by Rahul and ask them to solve my problems.

Will upload the invoice copy here soon.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 18:08   #64
gemi_kk

Quote:
One thing is for sure I am not paying for a single nut or bolt in any of the repairs as according to my invoice I am still covered under warranty. It is a legal document that has been stamped and signed by Kiran Motors.

Further I am now 99% sure that this was a test drive vehicle that has been pushed over to me. I am in plain words been cheated.

I am going to go to regional office myself this time as suggested by Rahul and ask them to solve my problems.
My Bad! i should have been more clear.
- Do not pay for anything. But ensure that, all the changed parts are being shown in the bill/invoice.
- Ensure that the correct description is mentioned in the invoice for each work performed.

These will help when you fight with the top management. ALso, you have all earlier invoices, where in *many* works have been performed under warranty. This should add more gravity.

Old 4th April 2014, 18:16   #65
BHPian

Quote:
My Bad! i should have been more clear.
- Do not pay for anything. But ensure that, all the changed parts are being shown in the bill/invoice.
- Ensure that the correct description is mentioned in the invoice for each work performed.

These will help when you fight with the top management. ALso, you have all earlier invoices, where in *many* works have been performed under warranty. This should add more gravity.
Just realized that I haven't received bills for any of the jobs that have been done under "warranty" but when I checked the DMS at the dealer it showed in payment PENDING KML SALES. I thought that invoices were never received for work done under warranty but it looks like this isn't the case. But I did recieve bills for the parts that I paid for. The DMS does have the record of all the jobs that have been done on the car.

Further would also like to mention but don't know how useful this is but when I visited Nanda they said that the bumper was out of place and not fitted properly, the bumper was opened for replacement of horn by Kiran can this be the reason or something else? Also, when I was trying to sell my car and showed it to some brokers some of them told me that the front bumper has been repainted to which I had refused. They went on to say that the bonnet was not aligning properly with the sides, since it looked like the bonnet was open even after it was closed. When I reported this to Kiran they solved it by simply adjusting the rubber bolts that come under the bonnet.

Does any of this point towards an accident repair job?

Last edited by rockporiom : 4th April 2014 at 18:20.
Old 4th April 2014, 18:26   #66
BANNED

I don't understand why are you so keen to take up all the matters with the service station' higher ups. They are the culprits of your predicament and only maruti can order them to fall in line. They have to change the sale date in DMS to 2013 (you have a crystal clear legal case against them if they don't comply-an envoice is no joke), and change your parts under warranty. No matter what the dealer says-2011 manufacured or 1947 manufactured, if the date of sale is 2013, the warranty starts from 2013.
But remember to take delivery of your car if you so decide to file a lawsuit. Once you file a lawsuit, they won't handover the car to you and you would be left without a ride.
Old 4th April 2014, 18:37   #67
gemi_kk

Quote:
Just realized that I haven't received bills for any of the jobs that have been done under "warranty" but when I checked the DMS at the dealer it showed in payment PENDING KML SALES. I thought that invoices were never received for work done under warranty but it looks like this isn't the case. But I did recieve bills for the parts that I paid for. The DMS does have the record of all the jobs that have been done on the car.

Does any of this point towards an accident repair job?
Probably yes. And no. it purely depends.
I would advice you to Find some experts (Not from Maruti) in your city and show your car to them first. Take their advice. After that act accordingly.

Checking whether a car has been in an accident often turns out to be simple. but it needs someone with some serious attention to detail. Find that guy first. He will give you the vehicle history. He doesn't need any SAP system.

Based on the bill status, what all i can deduce is
- Your dealer is definitely trying to give you warranty, but from his pockets/or by cheating parent. Reason unknown. Probably, any of your assumptions are true. Accident car/demo car.
- Your dealer is hiding the true facts from the brand Maruti. Why? Because, i think even Maruti will not honor his deeds. But why? Warranty has already expired as per Maruti records? Warranty got void. How? Car might have been sold in 2011 as per maruti's records or an Accident?

You will get to know the true history, when you fight with them. Try finding some one who works for maruti for additional information. Boy, you seem to be in deep sh**.

Be Strong. you have all papers. you need not afraid of someone. Work hard, you might end up with upcoming YL1 or SX4
  (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 18:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Checking whether a car has been in an accident often turns out to be simple. but it needs someone with some serious attention to detail. Find that guy first. He will give you the vehicle history. He doesn't need any SAP system.
I saw in one of the auo shows (non Indian) that it is very easy to identify even a repaint job just by means of measuring the paint depth..ofcourse this was just one way of doing it. An expert might have many more ways of identifying what all the car has been through.

I suggest you let the car spend some time with an expert in your FNG and see if they can bring out the history of the car using their experience.
Old 4th April 2014, 19:44   #69
BHPian

Just drive the Kizashi. The steering problem seems to be solved but wasn't able to drive it on roads which were bad. The steering does feel more positive and has more weight than before. Haven't taken delivery of the car and have told them that I will be coming again tomorrow in the morning to take a test drive till my house to see if the problem is solved. By the way they haven't changed anything in the car to solve the problem. I did feel slight vibration and sound which the Customer car manager called normal sound which comes from rubber components.

Last edited by rockporiom : 4th April 2014 at 19:47.
Old 4th April 2014, 19:49   #70
BANNED

Sorry to hear about the problems with your Kizashi.

I remember pointing out to you well before this happened that your use will result in serious suspension problems as below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
....Note that the excessive shudders would start effecting your steering and suspension systems next so it would be good to keep speeds well below the limits that cause shudder, or if possible avoid using the car / use minimally until the rotors have been changed and there is no more shudder....
To which you had replied:

Quote:
I can't stop using or minimise the use of the car since this is the only one I have got for the time being. .....
Hope your issues are sorted soon.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 19:51   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Sorry to hear about the problems with your Kizashi.

I remember pointing out to you well before this happened that your use will result in serious suspension problems as below:

To which you had replied:

Hope your issues are sorted soon.
Yeah I do remember you telling me about this. Anyways at least this brought out the sale date nonsense that has happened. Anything else I should look out for? They have repaired the steering but not replaced it. I noticed him writing steering overhaul in his jobsheet.
Old 4th April 2014, 20:24   #72
BHPian

Boy oh boy,you are just giving your Car dealer relief at your expense.Not to hijack your thread but let me tell you my story,I have a Tata Safari 2.2 which has suffered from three timing belt breakdowns in less ten 50K kms. The first two I believed the dealer and got it done under warranty ofcourse without paying a penny from my pocket.The third time I had enough I escalated this problem to the highest levels at Tata(I even got a a call from the office of Late Mr. K.Slym that the problem is noted even by him and will be taken care of once and for all),Tata Motors themselves flew in engineers/technicians from the Pune division to specially replace all affected parts and also repair my vehicle FOC(even being out of warranty).

So what I want to express with my tale is that you are taking this too lightly by giving the dealer time who in-turn is wasting your time until you're out of warranty and on your own.Its time to make some noise and get the attention that you deserve for all the money you've paid for the car.Secondly I must inform you that warranty or not,your dealer must give you every detailed information of the parts changed after every repair.As you seem to mention you don't have it,Go Get It! its your right to ask him all the invoices containing such information.And last but not the least you need to get the back-story of this vehicle cause it seems to have a history behind it.
richie4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 20:32   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Boy oh boy,you are just giving your Car dealer relief at your expense.Not to hijack your thread but let me tell you my story,I have a Tata Safari 2.2 which has suffered from three timing belt breakdowns in less ten 50K kms. The first two I believed the dealer and got it done under warranty ofcourse without paying a penny from my pocket.The third time I had enough I escalated this problem to the highest levels at Tata(I even got a a call from the office of Late Mr. K.Slym that the problem is noted even by him and will be taken care of once and for all),Tata Motors themselves flew in engineers/technicians from the Pune division to specially replace all affected parts and also repair my vehicle FOC(even being out of warranty).

So what I want to express with my tale is that you are taking this too lightly by giving the dealer time who in-turn is wasting your time until you're out of warranty and on your own.Its time to make some noise and get the attention that you deserve for all the money you've paid for the car.Secondly I must inform you that warranty or not,your dealer must give you every detailed information of the parts changed after every repair.As you seem to mention you don't have it,Go Get It! its your right to ask him all the invoices containing such information.And last but not the least you need to get the back-story of this vehicle cause it seems to have a history behind it.

I have a meeting tomorrow with the MD of Kiran Motors and I have been assured of a solution for sure. If the solution given tomorrow is not OK to me I will start escalating this matter. I had sent a mail earlier and had received a call from MSIL gurgaon and I had informed them that I had had enough of nonsense. After that conversation I started getting calls after calls from the Regional office and the dealership to solve the issues. I am just waiting for tomorrow evening.
Old 4th April 2014, 21:23   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PARTS CHANGED TILL DATE
1) Tied rod end 2) stabiliser bar bush 3) horn 4) brake discs 5) brake pads 6) left suspension strut
From reading your post it appears to me that the old joke about Ambassador cars that, everything except the horn makes noise is true on the Kizashi.

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th April 2014 at 21:25.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 23:06   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I have a meeting tomorrow with the MD of Kiran Motors and I have been assured of a solution for sure. If the solution given tomorrow is not OK to me I will start escalating this matter. I had sent a mail earlier and had received a call from MSIL gurgaon and I had informed them that I had had enough of nonsense. After that conversation I started getting calls after calls from the Regional office and the dealership to solve the issues. I am just waiting for tomorrow evening.
Hi Rockporiom,

All the best for your meeting. I have one suggestion for you. Please demand all the facts regarding the history of the vehicle. If it was a demo car or used by someone, it would have been registered to someone before getting the ownership transferred to your name. If I am in your position, I will independently inquire these things with the RTA as well.
umvarma is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks