Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2016, 00:13   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post

... 5yr old black Vento. Planning to repaint it to silver as we are bored of black...

ASS gave a quote of Rs 60000 while got quotes from regular garages ranging from Rs 25000 to 40000 all claiming that they use DuPont paint.
Just a lateral line of thought,
Repainting the car will never bring out the factory level finish. I've seen several instances where the owner didn't get the satisfaction even after spending a lot on the repainting.

Have you considered selling it off and getting an original factory finish Silver Vento of a similar age. Might work out cheaper and more hassle free and you'd get the original factory finished silver (if you manage to find a good condition Vento)

Last edited by for_cars1 : 14th May 2016 at 00:16.
Old 21st June 2016, 16:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Found this paint products manufacture in India with very high quality standards
See links:
http://www.mankiewicz.com/english/pr...ts/automotive/

and this can be opted by HIGH END car owners or owners looking for that superb GLOSS effect.
http://www.mankiewicz.com/english/pr...kets/aviation/

http://www.mankiewicz.com/cms/upload/epaper/clearsky/#4

http://www.mankiewicz.com/english/pr.../antigraffiti/

If they have office here then there must be competitive applicators in India too.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 21st June 2016 at 17:02.
Old 29th August 2016, 11:52   #93
BHPian

The attached photos are that of my one week old Vento. While the captions are self explanatory, the RHS photo is the status as of now, which I want to take further in terms of repair. The local VW ASS has proper setup like paint booth etc. The two options I am mulling are:

1. Replace the entire door; painting will be done at local ASS. it will cost about Rs.16k, I will claim insurance and thus loss NCB next year.

2. The service manager assured me that they can do dent repair. Some paint will get damaged in the process and paint repair will be required. Quote is approx Rs. 6k which I will pay from my pocket.

I am inclined to go for second option but am afraid whether repaired portion of paint will become visually perceptible in the long term. Feedback and advise will be highly appreciated.

PS: Sorry for the poor quality photos, I can try better quality photo if required.
Attached Thumbnails
All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-image1.jpg  

Old 29th August 2016, 12:12   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
1. Replace the entire door; I will claim insurance and thus loss NCB next year.
2. Repair- Quote is approx Rs. 6k which I will pay from my pocket.
If you go with option one, you lose NCB. If your NCB is going to be around 6-10k then it is worth going with option one. Beyond 10k NCB you should consider option two. The damage looked deep and it could impact door joints and other related stuff. I have a similar situation with my Qualis door and have not done anything about it as I plan to sell it sometime in the near future.
Old 4th October 2016, 18:18   #95
BHPian

Guys I need help. Is their any car that comes in midnight purple color in India. I am having a hard time finding this particular color code. The closest was misty violet of Honda but that was not really what I am looking for. Any help will be appreciated. Here are some pics of nissan skyline for reference. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-sau8.jpg  

All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-skymeet2011thumbnail8.jpg  

All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-img_6560autocon2011eltoroairbasenissangtrmidnightpurplecopy.jpg  

Old 4th October 2016, 18:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-options.html
see the last post on this thread for some details
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 18:42   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-options.html
see the last post on this thread for some details
Thanks for that, but the point is if I can get a precise car make and model that comes with anything close to what midnight purple on the gtr looks it will make my job a lot easier. That thread has a mention about gtr and pearl coat but not the actual color code for reference. Like here is Jaguar XJ in midnight blue, so all I have to do is go to the paint dealer, ask him for jaguar XJ shades, select midnight blue and get exactly what I want and even in future if I need to get any part repainted I won't have to rely to hit and trial methods used by painters I can go and pic the exactly same shade again. Maybe I will have to go with the midnight blue in the end as finding midnight purple seems very difficult here.
Attached Thumbnails
All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-images-48.jpg  

Old 5th October 2016, 08:25   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The paint code is LP2.You could go to a paint shop and ask them to formulate it for you.

They should be able to make even 200ml , and you could ask the painter to paint a test plate for you to then decide.

On Indian cars , the closest shade to the one you want is the Jewel Violet of the Ford Ikon.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 12:49   #99

Scratches in Celerio

Dear team,
Writing this note with a sad heart. I bought a Celerio ZXI AMT a few months back and had driven 6000+ KMs. I went on to a vacation and took zoom car which was a MT car. Post vacation, while starting to office, i din't realize all of a sudden and was searching to shift gears in my car. While i am trying to take that out from my parking lot, the car's rear left door brushed on to the pillar and resulted in scratches and a couple of dents. I took the car to Maruthi Authorized Dealer and he says it will cost around 10K to remove dents. I checked with another dealer through GoBumpr app and he says the cost would be around 6k to fix the same. Attached a few pictures of the same. I have a few questions

1. Would it be wise to go to even non authorized dealer. Will I get the same finish?

2. will I get the NO claim bonus for the subsequent years. or Once I claim, I will never get No claim bonus?

Looking for some guidance.
Attached Thumbnails
All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-1.jpg  

All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-2.jpg  

Old 29th December 2016, 14:40   #100
BHPian

Re: Scratches in Celerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Prasad Ram View Post
Dear team,
Looking for some guidance.
Dear Guru Prasad,

It is really sad to see your beautiful car in this condition.

My usual suggestion for any insurance claim is to compare the no-claim bonus to the actual claim. In your case, without going in for mathematical calculations, I would suggest that you skip the insurance claim and get it done with the authorized dealer. Treat this expense as 'cost of learning'.

I am sure you will get many more opinions in the coming future!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 15:37   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scratches in Celerio

Dear Guru,

Don't worry. With the wordings of your post, I am under the impression that your car is in its first year of ownership.
If you don't claim the insurance, you will save 20% of the 'own damages' as no claim bonus next year on the insurance coat. Compare it to the cost of repairs and take a decision. Since, it is your first year of ownership, the good thing is that in case you claim insurance, you will not lose any accumulated no claim bonuses or NCB as there isn't any.
And your next question about NCB for later years, then you will start accumulating NCB again every year If no claims are made during any year.
Trust this helps!

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 19:49   #102
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right forum to post, yet going ahead.

I've noticed some rust inside the engine bay of my 2005 Santro Xing. Is there any DIY I can do to prevent further damage? Or should I take her to a professional body shop?
Attached Thumbnails
All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-1483280373486.jpg  

Old 15th February 2017, 23:57   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Dent out

Today I received a message from a friend from Delhi. She has been asked by a friend of hers to bring something. But she has no idea as it concerns car stuff for removing scratches and dents. So she checked with me. I don't know this stuff either. Checked and iT is available On Amazone.

Is anybody familiar with this and what the difference are? Many thanks.

This what my friend wrote:

Hi Jeroen, you are the car mechanic expert so I wonder if you can give me some advice. A friend has asked me to buy him one of the following products and tells me to get whichever is best. I don't have a clue!! Ascension Combo Car Dent Remover Dent Out + Fix It Scratch Out Pen
or Dent Out Scratch Out Combo Pack
Dent Out ScratchOut Combo Pack will remove dents in doors, fenders, hoods and trunk lids quickly and easily without harming the original paint surface. Dent Out will safely remove small and medium sized dings and dents on Cars, Boats, RV's Motorcycles and more! Dents and Dings are a thing of the Dent Out like a Magic. Dent Out was originally designed for technicians to remove dents in difficult to reach areas. It soon became "The Bodyshop's Secret Tool." Now the secret is out. With Dent Out, anyone can remove dents and dings from any car, in a matter of minutes. Any advice gratefully received! And will understand if you can't either. Hope you are both well - looks like you are enjoying life as usual! All much the same here....
Old 16th February 2017, 10:14   #104
BHPian

Re: Dent out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Today I received a message from a friend ...

one of the following products and tells me to get whichever is best. I don't have a clue!! Ascension Combo Car Dent Remover Dent Out + Fix It Scratch Out Pen
or Dent Out Scratch Out Combo Pack
Dent Out ScratchOut Combo Pack
I don't know the difference between these, but while googling, I saw I could just use a toilet plunger and hot water to pull out dents - might be worth a try! [I know I'll be trying it out soon ]

mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 10:40   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Today I received a message from a friend from Delhi.
You could also ask your friend to visit this garage - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ket-delhi.html
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks